• Server Outage Announcement

Hello, Everyone.
    We will be installing an update to XenForo (the forums software), and doing some server maintenance.
    Consequently, the forums will be unavailable from about 12 - 2 MDT / 2 - 4 EDT / 6 - 8 GMT on Sunday 9th May 2021.

The Music Thread

skinny

TIT
Reaction score
Looking forward to this.
Here’s the first look at ‘Pistol’, Danny Boyle’s Sex Pistols biopic series
https://www.nme.com/en_au/news/tv/h...anny-boyles-sex-pistols-biopic-series-2893468

Boyle, who serves as director and executive producer, described the Pistols’ breakthrough as “the moment that British society and culture changed forever”.

“Imagine breaking into the world of The Crown and Downton Abbey with your mates and screaming your songs and your fury at all they represent,” the Oscar-winner said. “This is the moment that British society and culture changed forever.

“It is the detonation point for British street culture… where ordinary young people had the stage and vented their fury and their fashion… and everyone had to watch & listen…and everyone feared them or followed them. The Sex Pistols.

skinny

TIT
Reaction score
Trying some new stuff on, this is pretty swanky. I'd play it at a party.

skinny

TIT
Reaction score
I may be following Mandela's wild goose here, but I would have sworn that when I was cruising the used vinyl stores of late 80s Adelaide for choice sides, there were records by a 70s prog group called Kentaro sporting acidy antiquity themes on the sleeves such as ancient desert caravans. Can not find anything online at all. Anyone? Could be a conglomerate memory mass. I am at that age, apparently.

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Here’s the first look at ‘Pistol’, Danny Boyle’s Sex Pistols biopic series
I never really see the point in stuff like this...go listen to them, go watch their clips...enjoy their music. Who needs dramatic represnetaitons?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Was going to post the new Little Simz video Introvert, but then decided it might be a bit incendiary for here. Anyway, one of the tunes of the year - eat your heart out, Donald Glover!

Spookdaddy

Cuckoo
Reaction score
Was going to post the new Little Simz video Introvert, but then decided it might be a bit incendiary for here. Anyway, one of the tunes of the year - eat your heart out, Donald Glover!
It is pretty epic, isn't it.

Haven't posted anything on here for ages. So, the last three tracks I have just listened to.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
It is pretty epic, isn't it.
It's fantastic, I had heard her previous stuff and thought, "What's this? It has a good beat!" in middle-aged style, but this new single is on a different level. Very interested in the album, now.

In other news, Donald Glover is being sued for plagiarism. NOBODY SUE LITTLE SIMZ.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
The Stupids - The Kids Don't Like It

Probably the last album they'll ever do .. ? .. hope not .. swear words are involved.

Spookdaddy

Cuckoo
Reaction score
It's fantastic, I had heard her previous stuff and thought, "What's this? It has a good beat!" in middle-aged style...
It's called being hep to the groove daddy-o - and you can take that straight from the fridge, cat.

('Hep', not 'hip'. Don't mention 'hip' - not when you've reached a certain age, anyway. It's likely to have people showing you their operation scars.)

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Lemon Jelly: Nice Weather for Ducks.
Y'know I don't think this is the official video ?

(warning: gratuitous abuse of smarties)

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Two favourite eras of Duran Duran.

Simon Le Bon has probably forgotten more about style than I ever knew, but I'm unconvinced, but that striped top and beret combination!

Where's the string of onions?