• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
That's an interesting video. I've not followed this story closely so plenty of anomalies I wasn't aware of.

I didn't know the elevator footage had been edited. Here's a version someone's edited as per the timeline shown on the footage so it's sped up to normal. There's 54 seconds missing.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
This is so fascinating. You have to wonder what is on that missing video.It just feels so nefarious.

Strange case indeed and I recall reading about this about a year or so ago;....as many have mentioned mental illness can lead to all manner of bad outcomes but how her body ended up in the water tank is definitely weird.
:confused:

An update on the evolution of theories surrounding Elisa's death .. the newest one seems to be The Elevator Ritual ... I love weird crap like this, the commentator even mangers to drag Crowley into this somehow .. :cool:

Thanks for sharing that, some good theories in there.

The elevator ritual sounds well creepy!

Thanks for sharing that, some good theories in there.

The elevator ritual sounds well creepy!
An update on the evolution of theories surrounding Elisa's death .. the newest one seems to be The Elevator Ritual ... I love weird crap like this, the commentator even mangers to drag Crowley into this somehow .. :cool:

As covered in the funniest thing you'll listen to for an age The Parapod. http://www.theparapod.com/ you can hear it on soundcloud and Itunes and it's FREE.

Although Barry and Ray rightly got into serious ethical issues on this case and they consider this the stupidest thing they did on The Parapod

Where is Season 3??? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

But they do tell you how to do the elevator ritual.

As covered in the funniest thing you'll listen to for an age The Parapod. http://www.theparapod.com/ you can hear it on soundcloud and Itunes and it's FREE.

Although Barry and Ray rightly got into serious ethical issues on this case and they consider this the stupidest thing they did on The Parapod

Where is Season 3??? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

But they do tell you how to do the elevator ritual.
I can't find the exact link about Elsa, where is it ? (and thank you) ...

Doesn't sound like a good place to be given the history. Even with a makeover and re-branding.

Definitely not on my list if I did venture the 400 miles south to LA.

This is so fascinating. You have to wonder what is on that missing video.It just feels so nefarious.

It's all very bizarre, police might remove something that they didn't want to be public knowledge, or maybe hotel staff removed themselves, either because they had something to do with what happened, or perhaps they were indirectly complicit eg failure to secure the water tank.

It makes no sense though to slow it down, or for th epolice to release it like that and with all the extraneous footage at the end.

I was noting a Kickstarter for a documentary about this case when a connection occurred. The Elisa Lam case reminded me somewhat of an element of the J-horror film Dark Water, wherein a little girl accidentally falls into the same kind of water storage device at the top of a building, and then haunts a new family moving into the apartment below where she used to stay.

Then it reminded me of the suicide of Takako Konishi that was thought (and may be thought of still in some circles) as an failed attempt to find some money buried from the film Fargo. It's probably a completely unrelated element & the idea of mental disturbance or a killer at the hotel makes more sense, but at the same time if Elisa did have any suicidal tendencies, maybe Dark Water had an influence.

Has this Elisa Lam documentary been posted yet? .. apologies if it has but I've only just found it and it was put on line a week ago ..

The Elisa Lam unsolved death story gets even weirder ....

A few days after her body was discovered, the skid row area where the hotel is located saw an outbreak of TB ... nothing too weird about that but the meds used to treat the mostly homeless people were/are named ... drum roll ... Lam Elisa. Probably just a weird coincidence. Or if you're into conspiracy theories, she booked into the hotel and would almost certainly have given her surname first, recorded as Lam Elisa. Some shadowy government agency/CIA/Illumanati (take your pick) were planning to experiment on the homeless by releasing TB, became paranoid when they discovered someone had booked into the hotel with the same name, thought it too much of a coincidence and bumped her off, wrongly because the name was just a coincidence. Phew! ... crazy and takes a few leaps of imagination but it works .. if she was killed by "the people in charge", the toxicology report on her body that showed she had no drugs or alcohol in her system could have been falsified as well .. she definitely looked spaced out on something in that elevator footage.

A link explaining Lam Elisa:

http://www.mmrp.org/projects/clinical-trials/diagnostics-medical-devices/rapid-antigen-detection.html

Definitely interesting, but wouldn't this group find a more subtle way of making her disappear?

How long was she in the water tower and how long were people using that water for?

Definitely interesting, but wouldn't this group find a more subtle way of making her disappear?
A good point mate, I hadn't thought of that aspect of this case before .. it's all very theatrical and strange.

So, they were drinking dilute human :S
Yep .. another weird thing about that was that in one of the early news reports about this death, people who were residents at the Hotel Cecil were interviewed and one young woman who'd been using that water was laughing about it to the reporter .......

I haven't re-found the link to giggling girl yet but here's some ghouls staying at the Cecil afterwards ..

is there a reliable source for the contemporaneous tb outbreak in that locality and use of the eponymous test ?

That's an interesting video. I've not followed this story closely so plenty of anomalies I wasn't aware of.

I didn't know the elevator footage had been edited. Here's a version someone's edited as per the timeline shown on the footage so it's sped up to normal. There's 54 seconds missing.
if the camera is motion activated it may have stopped recording (or committing) the video feed while there was no motion within range ... then kicked in when the door finally closed

It's a bit bleak in that hotel. The cost might be its only attraction.

Bet they get a fair few more guests now though...

Funny how it's so hard to find "Elisa Lam elevator selfies" online though when I bet thousands have taken them.

Back