The Nanny State: Ideological Policing & Internet Censorship

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Illegal hate speech? Is there legal hate speech then?
And disinformation, how are they going to do that then? Call all news outlets liars,? Why should we believe them over others?

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Yeah, I watched this yesterday. It's absurd that dedicated history channels are being penalised for mentioning... history!
Having been informed that none of their content is suitable for advertisers, the WW2 Team have changed the emphasis of their channel.
Instead of focusing on the most consequential struggle in global history, they will be presenting.... vacuum cleaners and cats.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
https://nichegamer.com/2019/08/08/walmart-is-reportedly-pulling-violent-video-game-advertisements/

The memo also notes employees must unplug or turn off video game display units with demos of violent video games, “specifically PlayStation and Xbox units,” and goes as far as saying to “cancel any events promoting combat style or third-person shooter games that may be scheduled in Electronics.”

Furthermore, while Walmart publicly denied any restrictions on gun sales in their stores, the new memo did note for the removal of movies and “hunting season videos” in the Sporting Goods section.Furthermore, while Walmart publicly denied any restrictions on gun sales in their stores, the new memo did note for the removal of movies and “hunting season videos” in the Sporting Goods section.

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
I'd settle for a ban on U2.
Can't disagree with that! I never really "got" U2 and there's always been something about Bono that gets right up my bloody nose!

As for using hands free in-car communications, I really cannot see why it's considered worse than engaging in conversation with a passenger.
My hands free system is totally voice-activated for calls, voicemail and messaging so, with no earpiece in place, how would the authorities spot that I'm actually making a call? What if a passenger makes a call? Would that be permitted? And what if I, as the driver, contribute something to the conversation?

Can't disagree with that! I never really "got" U2 and there's always been something about Bono that gets right up my bloody nose!

As for using hands free in-car communications, I really cannot see why it's considered worse than engaging in conversation with a passenger.
My hands free system is totally voice-activated for calls, voicemail and messaging so, with no earpiece in place, how would the authorities spot that I'm actually making a call? What if a passenger makes a call? Would that be permitted? And what if I, as the driver, contribute something to the conversation?
Indeed.

If some evidence is provided of accidents caused etc then it would be a different case.

INT21

Antediluvian
Life is going to get hard for taxi drivers is even hands free communication is banned,

And before someone leaps in and says it will all be done by screen, remember it takes longer to read a message from a screen than it takes to receive a voice call. Plus you can't do it while looking where you are going.

But wait! I forget.

Driver less cars to the rescue.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
I'd settle for a ban on U2.
You know, every time you lobby to annihilate U2 or somesuch I am torn. The problem is that I really like New Year's Day for personal biographical reasons (and it's a pretty good song). The rest, I have no interest in.

Is there an accommodation to be reached here?

You know, every time you lobby to annihilate U2 or somesuch I am torn. The problem is that I really like New Year's Day for personal biographical reasons (and it's a pretty good song). The rest, I have no interest in.

OK. Just that song.

skinny

HARD AS NAILS

Let's consult The Oracle:

:rasta:

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Further to the legislation introduced in June this year, outlawing gender stereotyping in adverts, the first two have now been banned.

The VW one, featuring a woman in close proximity to a pram, clearly provoked public outrage, as it drew no fewer than three complaints:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49332640

Shady

Lets not feature humans in ads at all, lets have animals instead

Shady

LMAO, Yup, that will be next, how about animated things?