• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
To recap; we have a good explanation for the photogrammetry anomaly (stray pixels that they were too lazy to eliminate);
we have a good explanation for the 'beam splitting (light cloud absorbing green monochromatic laser light)
and the data from the single successful GPS bottle drop shows nothing particularly anomalous. All the other bottle drops yielded no data, but nevertheless I would like to see the few available data files handed over to Mr West (or Mr Grinspoon at NASA) for analysis.

All the other apparent difficulties seem to have been nothing more than problems associated with exact navigation and remote sensing equipment, which could probably be solved by a different team.
You would also have to explain the multiple failures of equipment during the many attempts to fire rockets directly at the anomaly, the failure of rockets to maintain the correct trajectory, the failure of tracking equipment a second before rocket launches, and the bizarre dimensional effects noted by those on aircraft, to say nothing of the systematic immobilising of three separate high tech telescopes aimed at it... and the fact, caught on video, of UAPs (whatever their nature) appearing subsequent to such attempts.. And I still don't think that the anomalous pixels that happened to lie on a line passing through the stone circle on the mesa can be so easily dismissed.

You would also have to explain the multiple failures of equipment during the many attempts to fire rockets directly at the anomaly, the failure of rockets to maintain the correct trajectory, the failure of tracking equipment a second before rocket launches, and the bizarre dimensional effects noted by those on aircraft, to say nothing of the systematic immobilising of three separate high tech telescopes aimed at it... and the fact, caught on video, of UAPs (whatever their nature) appearing subsequent to such attempts.. And I still don't think that the anomalous pixels that happened to lie on a line passing through the stone circle on the mesa can be so easily dismissed.

For all the high tech equipment that is supposed to fail its amazing that the cameras and microphones never stop working.

For all the high tech equipment that is supposed to fail its amazing that the cameras and microphones never stop working.
Interesting point! I imagine they have plenty of backups for both situations. But the failures usually occur specifically with equipment being used to probe the ranch -- e.g. diggers, drones, high tech sensors, rockets, and the aforementioned telescopes.

(Incidentally, does anyone know what the large circular fields visible in the aerial shots are used for? I am just curious)
Crop growth in an otherwise barren chunk of land. It's circular because the irrigation is based on a rotating arm.
You see this a lot in desert areas.

Edit: Sid beat me to it.

I can't imagine they do fail otherwise they would be shouting about the failure of that equipment as well.
If that is the case then certainly seems very odd to say the least, when all else seems to have hit the fan!

working my way through this thread- Earlier the writer Tony Hillerman was mentioned- really good books featuring Navajho Tribal police force. You can find them in UK bookshops & possibly charity shops as I think they were published in the late 1980's.

I came across the term " Skinwalkers" whilst living in USA, we (non Americans) were briefed that this was a Native American cultural "thing" that they did not like to talk about or discuss with outsiders and if we saw books on the subject they were probably not worth reading. Whether this is true I could not say, but this discussion has been interesting.

In the past Fugal also supported an 'archaeology' team dedicated to proving the truth of the Book of Mormon.

You may know that the Book of Mormon states that the American Indian nation was descended from a tribe of Israelites not mentioned in the conventional Bible, who went to America and had their skin colour changed as some kind of punishment for 'sins'. This may be true on an allegorical level (although I fail to see how), but it does not agree with all the current archaeological and genetic evidence.

It seems Fugal has a distinct world view that he is deeply invested in.
Yep, it makes me wonder what his actual agenda is. I have mormon relatives and one drug addict cousin from the southern baptist relatives who joined the mormon church when she was in her 40's, she used to use religion like a drug when she was trying to get clean. There was something about the mormons that brought her back to them over and over when she needed help and wanted to get clean. Family was the enemy except for the mormon cousins. And I have never met a rude mormon, they are all very kind and pleasant. But their beliefs are strange (not L. Ron Hubbard strange, but racist and weird).

It might be the frequencies, blue tooth microphone transmit at about 600 megahz. Maybe the malfunctioning equipment transmits and receives at a higher frequency.

Last edited:
If that is the case then certainly seems very odd to say the least, when all else seems to have hit the fan!
To be charitable, the film crew were very familiar with their equipment, and were professionals.

The equipment that failed was generally experimental, or employed in ways that it was not typically used for. If you have ever attempted to use scientific equipment and sensors, they sometimes require a pretty sharp learning curve or are temperamental.

working my way through this thread- Earlier the writer Tony Hillerman was mentioned- really good books featuring Navajho Tribal police force. You can find them in UK bookshops & possibly charity shops as I think they were published in the late 1980's.

I came across the term " Skinwalkers" whilst living in USA, we (non Americans) were briefed that this was a Native American cultural "thing" that they did not like to talk about or discuss with outsiders and if we saw books on the subject they were probably not worth reading. Whether this is true I could not say, but this discussion has been interesting.
It is true. I have lived in New Mexico and grown up with Navajo. And Tony Hillerman wrote some good stories, except for the first book where he had his main character talking to his horse. Navajos who grew up on the reservation do not talk to animals. After that almost everything he writes is accurate, because his Navajo students edited for him, but the Navajo do not put curses on anyone or anything and they do not talk about skinwalkers with outsiders. And when a non native hears about it, the translation is not accurate, there are concepts that do not translate to English or Spanish.

OK, so if the ancient Jewish prayer caused temperature fluctuations - has anyone tried them out with other things? Like sending someone in to speak, say, Welsh? Tell everyone on the ground that it's an ancient language (which it is) and see if it results in any anomalies...

I think the Rabbi was brought in because he was a student of the mystical Kabbalah.

His interpretation was earth spirits, portals and Golems were on the Skinwalker Property.

Wonder Woman was a “ Golem “ because Zeus made Wonder Woman out of clay and gave her life.

All religions have their mysticisms and spirits.

I think Skinwalker Ranch is a crazy mixed up place representing many types of paranormal.

To be charitable, the film crew were very familiar with their equipment, and were professionals.

The equipment that failed was generally experimental, or employed in ways that it was not typically used for. If you have ever attempted to use scientific equipment and sensors, they sometimes require a pretty sharp learning curve or are temperamental.
After watching last night's Skinwalker Ranch episode, I noted that the high frequency interruption's seemed to at a certain point in play-back, be a two-way conversation of voices. So maybe it's more of a military unknown thing that's at work here?

As for insects, I think you refer to one of the recordings from the many cameras set up around the ranch. At first they thought it was insects close to the camera, but the orb actually flew behind a tree twenty or so feet away, thus ruling that theory out. None of it "proves" anything except that weird stuff is happening there and some intelligence is preventing the team from finding out how.
I think they finally showed the clip you are referring to last night on Blaze. The segment starts from about 5 minutes on this Youtube clip.

You can see the object wandering about on the screen. Then Dr Taylor says that it has to be at least 20 or 30 feet away as it goes behind the tree. Now, here is the infuriating bit for the viewer! The editors then cut the clip juuust at the point that the object reaches the tree. We never see what happens when it reaches the tree. A little bright dot like that could easily be a spider wandering about on a silk just in front of the camera lens.

The programme claims they have proof of something interesting happening and then don't show us, the audience! :ranting:

I think they finally showed the clip you are referring to last night on Blaze. The segment starts from about 5 minutes on this Youtube clip.

You can see the object wandering about on the screen. Then Dr Taylor says that it has to be at least 20 or 30 feet away as it goes behind the tree. Now, here is the infuriating bit for the viewer! The editors then cut the clip juuust at the point that the object reaches the tree. We never see what happens when it reaches the tree. A little bright dot like that could easily be a spider wandering about on a silk just in front of the camera lens.

The programme claims they have proof of something interesting happening and then don't show us, the audience! :ranting:
Didn't see it go behind the trees in this clip, but, on the TV it did reach the trees to the far left if that's what he meant when he said, "look, it goes behind the trees."
If he meant the trees on the far left of this clip, (and I believe he did) then obviously - it would be something a good bit larger.

Didn't see it go behind the trees in this clip, but, on the TV it did reach the trees to the far left if that's what he meant when he said, "look, it goes behind the trees."
If he meant the trees on the far left of this clip, (and I believe he did) then obviously - it would be something a good bit larger.
Yes, he means the trees on the left. It is repeated next Sunday so I can check but I did not see it go behind the tree last night either. They stop the clip just as it appears to reach a leaf.

I think the Rabbi was brought in because he was a student of the mystical Kabbalah.

His interpretation was earth spirits, portals and Golems were on the Skinwalker Property.

Wonder Woman was a “ Golem “ because Zeus made Wonder Woman out of clay and gave her life.

All religions have their mysticisms and spirits.

I think Skinwalker Ranch is a crazy mixed up place representing many types of paranormal.
I was thinking that that Welsh speaker might help to establish whether there's a bit of human influence or expectation at play. If the onlookers were told that they were hearing an 'ancient language' and there were fluctuations in the readings during, then it may illustrate either misunderstandings or willful manipulations of readings. If there were no fluctuations, then obviously, nothing lost.

Unless there's some kind of Welsh-speaking Intelligence at work, of course.

Yes, he means the trees on the left. It is repeated next Sunday so I can check but I did not see it go behind the tree last night either. They stop the clip just as it appears to reach a leaf.
I believe this shows that it actually did go behind the trees. . . you can just about make out the line of the twig being just in front of the anomaly as it passes behind it.
Screenshot (225).png

I was thinking that that Welsh speaker might help to establish whether there's a bit of human influence or expectation at play. If the onlookers were told that they were hearing an 'ancient language' and there were fluctuations in the readings during, then it may illustrate either misunderstandings or willful manipulations of readings. If there were no fluctuations, then obviously, nothing lost.

Unless there's some kind of Welsh-speaking Intelligence at work, of course.
Well. . . at least 'Dragons' in it! :)

To my memory they have showed the clip two or three times clearly going behind the tree and in magnified view.

I believe this shows that it actually did go behind the trees. . . you can just about make out the line of the twig being just in front of the anomaly as it passes behind it.
This sort of thing can be deceptive. Often an insect appears to go behind a twig when it really goes in front, because of blurring effects. I am sure it is an insect or other nearby object.

index.php

This is far too blurry to tell one way or the other.

Apart from insects, one good candidate is a drop of dew or liquid on a spiderweb. Several of the 'orbs' shown in this series behave exactly like droplets on a nearby spiderweb, or small segments of web with sunlight or artificial light shining on them.
Here is a screenshot from the 'Carriage House', a deserted building, which shows two elongated lights moving around in midair. When you realise it is a pair of cobwebs illuminated by a sunbeam, you can't unsee it.

2022-12-30_09-58-35-jpg.56979

For moving image see here
https://www.metabunk.org/data/video/56/56298-7a1ec9f9e21bd5de257c761a76c29fa1.mp4

Last edited:
Here is a very interesting discussion with Erik Bard regarding his first visit to the ranch, in the course of which he answers the question about failures of the TV crew's cameras.

Back