• Hello Everyone,
    We will be updating the forums software and server this coming Sunday (26th May 2019).
    During the following times, the system may reboot or be unavailable for a few minutes:
    1300 - 1445 MDT
    1500 - 1645 EDT
    1900 - 2045 GMT

The New Members' Thread

Roland Deschain

All things serve the beam
OK so it's late, I'm quite possibly thick and I'm missing the introduction thread if there is one. Moderators please shunt this as appropriate.

I'm a very long time lurker and one time commenter, my old account seems dead and quite frankly I would love to start over again anyway as I think I came across as an opinionated fool (hopefully I'm a little wiser nowadays).

So hello to you regulars, Roland btw is a fictional character not actually my name!

(renamed, and rebranded, and restickied, as the all new newbie thread - stu)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
OK so it's late, I'm quite possibly thick and I'm missing the introduction thread if there is one. Moderators please shunt this as appropriate.

I'm a very long time lurker and one time commenter, my old account seems dead and quite frankly I would love to start over again anyway as I think I came across as an opinionated fool (hopefully I'm a little wiser nowadays).

So hello to you regulars, Roland btw is a fictional character not actually my name!

G'day Roland, we all were once lurkers, but time changes that - welcome.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member

Welcome aboard/back.

There used to be a dedicated new members' thread for introductions, but if it does still exist it has lain in long abeyance.

Being an opinionated fool is no barrier to admittance; the crime is to be boring or close-minded.

dreeness .

Justified & Ancient
But you have to hate zombies!

(We frequently have discussions about the best ways to kill zombies. Personally, I favor squishing them with purpose-designed steamrollers. Not only effective, it would also humiliate them.)

Welcome to the Asylum.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
I've had a search - incidentally - and the new members' thread no longer exists anywhere that I can find it.
It may be worth our while creating and stickying a new one.

dreeness .

Justified & Ancient
I've had a search - incidentally - and the new members' thread no longer exists anywhere that I can find it.
It may be worth our while creating and stickying a new one.
I've never bothered with new member threads, I just start a new thread in "Off Topic" or whatever and dive right in.

My first thread here was "When Zombies Attack". My first thread on one of the big BtVS boards was "Sarah Michelle vs Alyson: Who Would Win?" (I said Alyson would win; Sarah Michelle has arms like pipe-cleaners.)

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
My first thread here was "When Zombies Attack". My first thread on one of the big BtVS boards was "Sarah Michelle vs Alyson: Who Would Win?" (I said Alyson would win; Sarah Michelle has arms like pipe-cleaners.)
Alyson has a nicer smile. That would do it for me - she's the winner.

Cultjunky

Justified & Ancient
Oh, sorry - being a manual writer, I've been meaning to write some FTMB instructions to show people how to do stuff.
Just haven't got round to it.
Sorry!

Will get onto it soon. I guess the 'how to attach pictures' thing is most important, so I should start with that.

Ooh Ohh, can you add instruction on how to add a link, not a straight URL, (i think I got that one mastered) but how to give it a different name. E.G. Read 'this' where the word this is the link to whatever?

G

GeorgeP

Ayup Roland, how yer doin youth.

G

GeorgeP

Well its a bit late like but...Hello my names George on this forum and I seem to be drawn towards Parrots and occasionally George Cole whenever Im here. I currently share a flat with another bloke here -someone who nicks the milk :mad: I live in Nottingham, UK and like art, music, computer programming and finding cracking hiding places for food like bread, biscuits and milk.

Hiya :glee:

Cultjunky

Justified & Ancient
Who is also attracted to birds in your avatar...small world Catjunky :)
Erm, yeah, that's why it's a duck. Definitely. Not at all because I have forgotten how to change my avatar.

Or that Stu brought it over from the previous board incarnation for me.