The New Members' Thread

escargot

Beloved of Ra
Escargot.

..'m a big Sopranos fan and would like to visit NJ and take a locations tour...

Just visit Manchester. much cheaper and pretty much the same.

INT21.
We know Manchester very well. In fact we were there this last weekend.

AmCuriousNJ

Junior Acolyte
You're among friends here!

I'm a big Sopranos fan and would like to visit NJ and take a locations tour.
escargot, (and other fans of the The Sopranos), you might have heard that January 2019 marks the 20th anniversary of the debut of the show The Sopranos. There have been some articles about this, such as: https://www.northjersey.com/story/e...lmed-20-years-later-sopranos-cast/2353893002/ . That article also mentions the tours of the New Jersey Locations featured in the show. I believe the show ran from 1999 to 2007, a pretty good run, but not the longest. And the tours still seem to going strong (or maybe the tours became more popular again because of the 20th anniversary). That article also mentions that the tours are popular with people from the UK, and from other parts of the world too. That article also mentions that there are plans to make at least one 'big-screen' film 'prequel' to The Sopranos.

markrkingston1

Ephemeral Spectre
Does anyone know if there are any other Fortean forums? I'm not aware that there are many (any?) 'general purpose' Fortean forums like this one. I think this means that we are popular amongst Forteans by default (at least those Forteans who still prefer the forum format).

Last edited by a moderator:

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
Does anyone know if there are any other Fortean forums? I'm not aware that there are many (any?) 'general purpose' Fortean forums like this one
Far fewer than there were. There used to be lots of them, often attached to short-lived publications, but were invariably badly run and content suffered, and the sites quietly died. There are a few with more narrow focus - mostly Cryptozoology, UFOs, ghosts and conspiracy, but again they vary hugely in tone and content. This is about the only big one still standing, but as you know that's not been plain sailing either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marwood

Fresh Blood
Hi Fortean Folks,

Very long time lurker here finally plunging into FT waters.
Lil' about me (not too much, must maintain a little mystery ). I'm in my 40s, a family man, I work, I play bass, I run.
I live near Russia's top tourist destination in the south of England.
Not much fortean has happened to me so far but hopefully I'll chibe in with the occasional comment.

Marwood

Last edited:

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Hi Fortran Folks,

Very long time lurker here finally plunging into FT waters.
Lil' about me (not too much, must maintain a little mystery ). I'm in my 40s, a family man, I work, I play bass, I run.
I live near Russia's top tourist destination in the south of England.
Not much fortean has happened to me so far but hopefully I'll chibe in with the occasional comment.

Marwood
Would that be the place with the 123-metre spire?

Great spot for pizza.

Welcome.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Don't be nervous, we don't bite! Much. Tell us a good story or two and we're happy as Larry.

Coal

Polymath Renaissance Man, Italian Wiccan Anarchist
Hello everyone. :parapet: Bit nervous. First post for me.

Been a long time lurker/reader :rup: and decided to enter the fray. :friends: And...I have some tales to share.

Kind regards to All - Vida :shy:
Welcome!

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :)
Staff member
Great name @Vida Loca! and welcome :) If you want to have a virtual cup of tea and say hello then you could try our pub - the Troll's Head. There is, however, no pressure to post!