The New Members' Thread

GingerTabby

Carbon-based life form
Thank you Both for the warm welcome. I am still nervous but once I find my way around a bit and feel my feet I should be ok.
All will be well as long as you decline Swifty's requests to borrow a fiver. He can often be found at the Troll's Head so keep an eye open for him when you're there for tea. ;)

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Alright Vida Loca :) .. GingerTabby had to pop out for a bit but she's said can she borrow a fiver? .. I'll pass it on to her when she gets back if you can just give it to me now mate?

INT21

Justified & Ancient
She'll make you take your
Clothes off and go dancing in the rain

So you have been warned.

(don't we have a thread for that ?)

INT21.

brownmane

Ephemeral Spectre
Hi everyone. I just joined a couple of days ago. Have always been interested in weird, odd, paranormal stories. I subscribe to Fortean Times and found out about this site through it.

I enjoy reading -mostly horror or dark fantasy.

I checked out a couple of the forums and enjoy the witty conversations.
Some days I'm a sceptic and some days I like to believe anything is possible. I see there is a lot of varied subjects from which I can choose.

Looking forward to interesting conversations.

snavej

Oh no, not him again!
I had to start a new account because I changed my e-mail address.

Not too much weird stuff happens to me.

I have had dozens of psychic dreams of my late parents, my late cats, my late grandmother, my late boss at work and a few other people, including Michael Jackson.

Once, I heard my late father's voice in my bedroom. Another time, I heard my late mother's voice in my bedroom. There were no witnesses to these voices except me.

In 1998, I thought I saw a UFO in Pinner but it was probably a Chinese lantern.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
I had to start a new account because I changed my e-mail address.
We should be able to merge your new account with the prior one(s) you've had. Just PM me with the ID for the old account(s), and I'll take care of it. Odds are there'll be no problem in doing it.

Cyclops

Ephemeral Spectre
Hi, all!
Done this all arse about face and already posted a topic, but arse-about-faceness is the story of my life, really...I used to post on here years ago, but life intruded, and now I want to come back I have a new email address and no recollection of my old username.
Nice to see you all again.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Welcome back, and it doesn't matter where your arse is, hope it is like you remembered, not ya arse, i meant FT :D

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
... I used to post on here years ago, but life intruded, and now I want to come back I have a new email address and no recollection of my old username. ...
Welcome back.

If you can recall your former account's email address (or any other solid clue(s) for identifying the account) we can merge the old and new accounts under whichever username you prefer. Just send a PM (Start Conversation) to me or any of the staff.

Last edited:

Sollywos

Junior Acolyte
Hello there Forteans. Long time lurker, first time poster. Used to read the magazine back in the day. Thought I'd pop in for a bit, hopefully I'll have something interesting to contribute at some point! :D
Hello there Ladyloafer! I've fairly recently joined myself having been a long time lurker. :) Looking forward to reading your posts.

Sollywos x

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Hello there Forteans. Long time lurker, first time poster. Used to read the magazine back in the day. Thought I'd pop in for a bit, hopefully I'll have something interesting to contribute at some point! :D
Welcome, don't hesitate to dig up and resurrect old threads with questions or comments.
Digging through the crates in the basement of each section can be very rewarding.

Thank you for letting me into your sanctum. I came across the board after doing a search on robins. What I found intrigued me enough to start looking up links about the Charles Fort Institute, thus cementing my interest in wanting to belong to a forum such as this. It's what I have been hoping to find. I'll say no more for now as there is nothing worse than newbies going on and on but I am going to begin checking out some of the threads on here and look forward to getting to know you better.