The New Members' Thread

Rahere

Junior Acolyte
If it’s a miracle, Colour Sergeant, it’s a short chamber Boxer-Henry .45 calibre miracle.
My own affiliation exactly - I spent a year attached to the Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers, and have a damaged left knee from snubbing a floataway bridging pontoon to prove it. And then married the lass whose BFFs were the daughters of the late CSM Lewis of the RWF. It's my great-grandfather who won the gongs, though, stopping the Germans at Ramskapelle. Get 'em down...

Rahere

Junior Acolyte
Interesting. Which unit?
Louis Nestor Guiot, Captain, 6th Regiment of the Line, not that it matters that much, because by that time the Belgian Army was so thoroughly mixed up his men were from anywhere.
Chevalier de l'Ordre de Léopold, avec Feuilles de Chène, by direct order of the King. It was the last time a Monarch commanded on the field of battle.
As a result of his wounds, he was medevaced to the Sussex Country House set. His second daughter was in the mean time working for Paul Bordet, on the team which won the 1919 Nobel Prize for Medecine, researching haemoglobin. The first steps in fighting cancer. She married into the medical profession, and the couple were taken on as Natural Science tutors to the Royal Family at Laeken: her husband was Ferdinand Massart, the senator who stopped the Flemish breakaway in the 1960s lingusitic schism.
Which all came in useful when I was commissioned to catch the wreckage in the fall of the ArchiAssociation of the Eucharist. That's a very long tale, the real story behind the Holy Blood hoo-hah: I sometimes claim to be Robert Langdon incarnate, because the punch-line on the Training Officer telling me the Toms would never understand me was "However, the SAS need a field handler." I didn't take it up, because I discovered what they'd done to the previous job holder - Robert Nairac - and went very quiet, because he was right, just 20 years before his time. A problem at the heart of modern UK politics - the answer's to move the customs line to Roscoff. Eire only has 2 ferries a week going directly to Europe...

Last edited:

Rahere

Junior Acolyte
I'll take that one out onto a fresh thread, unless you already have one for the Holy Blood Holy Grail. Another associated line is the heritage of the weird and inexplicable: that very much started in the 1960s context of finding the strange and leaving it right there, so I had a wealth of loose ends in the work of Paul de St Hilaire to tie up. In this instance, I was faced with the fall of the ArchiAssociation of the Eucharist, in very hard terms: their last site was immediately opposite my home. The first pickup for you folks is to Google WEU Prophecy. I was the WEU Officer responsible, but others had links to the Sisterhood, inside the Italian community. And obviously, the world hasn't ended.
This isn't a lead-on trailer, just a limited taster, because it's one heck of a tale, and what I'll be posting is as true as I know. Coincidence flew in so many different directions that it wasn't even serendipitous. It was guided.

Rahere

Junior Acolyte
Only in part - I'm highly polyvalent, it paid the bills.
More importantly, as a seer I kept intercepting diplomatic crises. And I'm not going to discuss that, other than do as I have done, point to that Peace Prize.

SugaryGhost

In a spiral of ants
Hi! I’m Ghost,I’ve had a profound interest in unexplained phenomena my whole life.I’m particularly interested in ufology and cryptozoology but am not adverse to conspiracy either.I joined here as a means to talk to people who share my interests.I am also very interested in mythology,particularly Greek and Egyptian so I’m happy to talk about whatever!

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
YAY we got an actual ghost and its sweet *licks* Just checking *whistles and walks off*

Welcome, have fun :D

Hospitaller

Ephemeral Spectre
I didn't realise this forum still existed - have many fond memories - must be over 10 years! My old 'Hospitaller' account was inaccessible - long forgotten email/password. Stumbled upon it again looking for info on the Rev Donald Omand who 'exorcised' Loch Ness & the Bermuda Triangle. Hello again everyone :)

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
I didn't realise this forum still existed - have many fond memories - must be over 10 years! My old 'Hospitaller' account was inaccessible - long forgotten email/password. Stumbled upon it again looking for info on the Rev Donald Omand who 'exorcised' Loch Ness & the Bermuda Triangle. Hello again everyone :)
Check your PMs.

And welcome back. We've had the hounds out looking for you.

brownmane

Ephemeral Spectre
Hi! I’m Ghost,I’ve had a profound interest in unexplained phenomena my whole life.I’m particularly interested in ufology and cryptozoology but am not adverse to conspiracy either.I joined here as a means to talk to people who share my interests.I am also very interested in mythology,particularly Greek and Egyptian so I’m happy to talk about whatever!
Welcome and jump right in.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Welcome back.

I too didn't realise this forum still existed; I was last lurking on it about 15 years ago on a very retro pc which gave me a little start when it exploded mid-lurk. Still, worth risking it again.

Interests are primarily time and dimensional slips (I'm hopelesly escapist!) and to some extent anomalous animals, from ABCs to the Black Dog legends and sightings. Oh, and I'm also interested in how I get a profile pic on my account as I didn't see an option to select one when registering. Hmph.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :)
Staff member
Greetings Locky Valentine!

Click on your Name to get to your Profile

From the menu on the left choose Account Details.

There should be a section marked Avatar...

We can sometimes link a new identity to a former one - if that's relevant please let us know :)

We can sometimes link a new identity to a former one - if that's relevant please let us know :)
Nah, the avatar button doesn't respond to punching so I shall remain enigmatic.

..and lo, it suddenly worked! Now I have a pretty anomalous insect; that's the stuff! ❤