The New Members' Thread

MissViolet

Fresh Blood
I'd dramatically announce that I'm baaaaack but I've not been here as a poster since about 2004, so it might be a tad anticlimactic. I was here in the long lost First Days and all that...

It does instantly feel just the same. And I keep finding old threads of mine, which is a bit like time travel, if one squints, which I try not to do (squinting, that is).

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
I'd dramatically announce that I'm baaaaack but I've not been here as a poster since about 2004, so it might be a tad anticlimactic. I was here in the long lost First Days and all that...

It does instantly feel just the same. And I keep finding old threads of mine, which is a bit like time travel, if one squints, which I try not to do (squinting, that is).
We can tie your new account to your old one if you have the name?

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member

What was your original username?

Welcome back.

MissViolet

Fresh Blood
Heh. Well, my board deadname was my actual name IRL...which shows how long ago it was. And it's now my dead name in regular life too, as I transitioned in the interim, so it's not one I like to reference. My longest lasting thread (started by me) was a high strangeness one, called something like "gibbering insanity", which I note was still active around Christmas last year!

I was around for a while as MrHyde too. Less Mr these days, more Servalan...

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Heh. Well, my board deadname was my actual name IRL...which shows how long ago it was. And it's now my dead name in regular life too, as I transitioned in the interim, so it's not one I like to reference. My longest lasting thread (started by me) was a high strangeness one, called something like "gibbering insanity", which I note was still active around Christmas last year!

I was around for a while as MrHyde too. Less Mr these days, more Servalan...
I recall Mr Hyde. Your avatar was a bucktoothed b&w Hyde, wasn't it?

Last edited:

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Figured it out--and yes, Miss Violet, a lot of your old contributions are still here but your original account was anonymised during one of the changeovers.

MissViolet

Fresh Blood
Nah, that wasn't my avatar! But I remember the one you mean. I can't remember my own avatar though...it was a lifetime ago!
So, what happened while I was gone? Fill me in. No wait, don't.

I have an interest in all things anomalous but especially psychic phenomena. As my pseudonym implies, I live in Dronfield in Derbyshire. I have many years' experience of the investigation of spontaneous psychic phenomena, e.g. hauntings, also of involvement in physical mediumship. I'm a member of ASSAP and of Chesterfield Psychic Study Group.

Happiness

Junior Acolyte
I'm new as well & have done a few posts, getting obsessed with reading all old threads and ones mentioned in here (the gibbering insanity one is really weird , I love that kind of stuff). Dronfieldman I went on a ghost hunt with a company at an abandoned mill in Chesterfield, we thought it would be a night out with a difference but nothing really happened.

Ogdred Weary

Sooner than expected.
I'm new as well & have done a few posts, getting obsessed with reading all old threads and ones mentioned in here (the gibbering insanity one is really weird , I love that kind of stuff). Dronfieldman I went on a ghost hunt with a company at an abandoned mill in Chesterfield, we thought it would be a night out with a difference but nothing really happened.
My guess is that most ghost hunts are like this.

Happiness

Junior Acolyte
The most eventful thing on the ghost hunt was a mans stomach growling during a vigil and asking if he could be excused. When he left, the ghost hunter leading the vigil asked the air "did you make him feel ill?" when we all knew he had a bug because his tummy had been making awful noises all night . My friend had held his hand during a vigil earlier in the evening so we were fuming we couldn't eat the snacks we had bought from Morrisons on the way incase we were sick. That's about the full extent of experiences for that night lol.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
The most eventful thing on the ghost hunt was a mans stomach growling during a vigil and asking if he could be excused. When he left, the ghost hunter leading the vigil asked the air "did you make him feel ill?" when we all knew he had a bug because his tummy had been making awful noises all night . My friend had held his hand during a vigil earlier in the evening so we were fuming we couldn't eat the snacks we had bought from Morrisons on the way incase we were sick. That's about the full extent of experiences for that night lol.
I had a growling stomach on the last ghost vigil I went on, the guy in charge asked me to say 'tummy' every time it happened. It was a bit embarrassing.

Happiness

Junior Acolyte
That's a cracker! And again, that weirdness we were talking about here, last week or so - that huge smile.
I had a growling stomach on the last ghost vigil I went on, the guy in charge asked me to say 'tummy' every time it happened. It was a bit embarrassing.
I can imagine that would be embarrassing. I took a tin of vaseline out of my pocket directly after someone had said "make a noise if anyone is there" everyone was going "what was that? Did you hear that noise?" & I was thinking I have a choice to make now I can either own up or let them think they've had their moneys worth. In the end I did speak up and say "sorry I was just getting some vaseline out my pocket" I was quite embarrassed.