The New Members' Thread

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Hi! New here. I actually found this forum by Googling "how to pronounce Goetia". It's been an interesting read so far. I'm wanting to change my avatar but can't fiddly figure it out on this forum. Do I have to have posted a while before getting that privilege?
Welcome to the forum!

Click on the Account Details link in the drop-down menu that appears when you click on your username (upper right hand area on the webpage).

Click on the image shown as your avatar to enter the change / upload procedure.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Hi! New here. I actually found this forum by Googling "how to pronounce Goetia". It's been an interesting read so far. I'm wanting to change my avatar but can't fiddly figure it out on this forum. Do I have to have posted a while before getting that privilege?
go-ETTY-a.

skinny

Antediluvian
Heh. Well, my board deadname was my actual name IRL...which shows how long ago it was. And it's now my dead name in regular life too, as I transitioned in the interim, so it's not one I like to reference. My longest lasting thread (started by me) was a high strangeness one, called something like "gibbering insanity", which I note was still active around Christmas last year!

I was around for a while as MrHyde too. Less Mr these days, more Servalan...
Aww Jaqui Pearce passed only last year.

Anyhooz, welcome abored.

skinny

Antediluvian
I had a growling stomach on the last ghost vigil I went on, the guy in charge asked me to say 'tummy' every time it happened. It was a bit embarrassing.
LOL!!! You're a GAS, literally! That's funny as fuk. Can just hear your Norks accent - "TOOMI:"

You had what the late standup Bill Cosby (1968 - Lake Taho - RIP) called "The Erierps". That's the sound your stomach makes when you've been living without solid food for longer than you should. ëri-eri-eri-eri-eri-eri

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Hi I'm a long time reader first time writer here in Australia.

Don't know why I'll use this as a quote.
-I have a pretty irregular head.
Syd Barret.
Welcome aboard.

Make yourself at home and don't hesitate to go out and wade through the long grass of old discussions.

BeardSprite

Fresh Blood
Hello everyone!

This is perhaps a little weird, because y'all are familar names and 'faces' to me, I've been lurking these parts for the past 20 years!

I did have an account back in the earliest 2000's, but I think I only ever made a couple of posts, and it got swept away in one of the many board updates/revisions over the years.

About me? An unremarkable individual, and a collosal nerd, with an interest in matters paranormal, though I have no axe to grind for/against the existence, or not, of phenomenon X,Y or Z.

Not experienced anything myself, though I do experience semi-frequent sleep paralysis, which is always fun - post facto, at least ;)

This is why I've signed up again, so I can comment in the sleep paralysis thread.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Hello everyone!

This is perhaps a little weird, because y'all are familar names and 'faces' to me, I've been lurking these parts for the past 20 years!

I did have an account back in the earliest 2000's, but I think I only ever made a couple of posts, and it got swept away in one of the many board updates/revisions over the years.

About me? An unremarkable individual, and a collosal nerd, with an interest in matters paranormal, though I have no axe to grind for/against the existence, or not, of phenomenon X,Y or Z.

Not experienced anything myself, though I do experience semi-frequent sleep paralysis, which is always fun - post facto, at least ;)

This is why I've signed up again, so I can comment in the sleep paralysis thread.
We have been observed!

Pleased you have surfaced at last.

If you could let me know your old username, I'd like to check on its status.

Welcome.

BeardSprite

Fresh Blood
We have been observed!

Pleased you have surfaced at last.

If you could let me know your old username, I'd like to check on its status.

Welcome.
Cheers!

I'm not worried about reclaiming the old username - it was one I used for 'everything' back in the day, but I've moved on ;)

I've supplied the info in the 'welcome new member' message thread you started when I signed up.

Ogdred Weary

Cosmically Triggered
Cheers!

I'm not worried about reclaiming the old username - it was one I used for 'everything' back in the day, but I've moved on ;)

I've supplied the info in the 'welcome new member' message thread you started when I signed up.
Was your beard shorter then?

Greetings fellow Forteans. Thank you for welcoming me into your company. I've been lurking for some time now. I am intrigued all things odd and now realize that I've been a Fortean since the larval stage. I'm particularly interested in hallucinations, hypnogagogia and similar experiences. Perception, cognition, belief systems, etc. All are subjects that I pay some attention to.

Thanks again, and cheers to all!

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Greetings fellow Forteans. Thank you for welcoming me into your company. I've been lurking for some time now. I am intrigued all things odd and now realize that I've been a Fortean since the larval stage. I'm particularly interested in hallucinations, hypnogagogia and similar experiences. Perception, cognition, belief systems, etc. All are subjects that I pay some attention to.

Thanks again, and cheers to all!
Got to ask... with that splendid moniker, are you a Pastafarian?