The New Members' Thread

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Vision in Greek could be όραμα (orama) which would give Proculorama - 'what's on the Proc tonight ?' But it's not what I was thinking of - I'll have to get in contact with me mate. Thanks for the linguistic efforts though.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Vision in Greek could be όραμα (orama) which would give Proculorama - 'what's on the Proc tonight ?' But it's not what I was thinking of - I'll have to get in contact with me mate. Thanks for the linguistic efforts though.
You could be right.

Orama is from the same place as horasis, but there's a hitch: orama is modern Greek.

They dropped the initial h-sounds that existed before vowels in ancient Greek.

I think horasis it the power of sight, where orama is 'a sight' or 'a thing seen'.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Welcome Skeleton, have a good time, post in old threads if you wish, we do not mind at all. enjoy

Kryptonite

Stanley Unwin enthusiasty. Deep joy!
Hello I'm one to enjoy the mysteries of this world fake or real, brutal or goofy. The strange and wild excite me to no end I wish to be of help on these forums in any way I can
Welcome Skeleton, hope you enjoy the forums. There are loads of friendly, knowledgeable people here who made me feel welcome, and I'm sure they'll do the same for you.

Shady

Of course we will, welcome Skeleton, he/she will be a good attraction at the Trolls Head, can you imagine the screams coming from the fire side when someone trys to more he/she from the chair

Vanmagley

Fresh Blood
Hi
Just thought I’d say ‘Hello’ as I’m new here.
Been frightening myself most of the day today reading threads on other sites. Thought I save the best ‘til last and register here! I just hope that I’m posting this in the right forum and place...
My Dad introduced me to Fortean Times and I’ve been a casual reader since then, though to be honest, it has been a while.
Retired now. Used to work in healthcare.
Have a good Friday evening
Ness

Shady

Welcome Vanmagley, your dad is a wise man
There is plenty to scare yourself with on here, i do it regularly, just dont tell anyone, do not want to appear a wuss
You can reply to any thread you wish, no matter what the age, it is always nice to have a fresh perspective on stuff, so, have at it dear :D

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, Vanmagley.

There's plenty of Fortean weirdness documented, discussed, and / or debated in the forum's archives. Feel free to jump in on any of it - either current or vintage.

Kryptonite

Stanley Unwin enthusiasty. Deep joy!
Hi
Just thought I’d say ‘Hello’ as I’m new here.
Been frightening myself most of the day today reading threads on other sites. Thought I save the best ‘til last and register here! I just hope that I’m posting this in the right forum and place...
My Dad introduced me to Fortean Times and I’ve been a casual reader since then, though to be honest, it has been a while.
Retired now. Used to work in healthcare.
Have a good Friday evening
Ness
Hi and welcome. Hope you enjoy the forums. If it's been a while since you read FT, there will be lots here for you to catch up on- hope you enjoy doing so! :)

Vanmagley

Fresh Blood
Welcome Vanmagley, your dad is a wise man
There is plenty to scare yourself with on here, i do it regularly, just dont tell anyone, do not want to appear a wuss
You can reply to any thread you wish, no matter what the age, it is always nice to have a fresh perspective on stuff, so, have at it dear :D
Thank you, Shady. My Dad probably was a wise man, yes, although I never listened of course.
I’m not sure that I’m responding to these messages correctly . I’ve never quite cracked forums!

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Thank you, Shady. My Dad probably was a wise man, yes, although I never listened of course.
I’m not sure that I’m responding to these messages correctly . I’ve never quite cracked forums!
Welcome Vanmagley, you've joined the best forum for paranormal stuff. Loads of interesting threads and good discussions and plenty of humour for good measure. You'll soon find your way around, looks like you've cracked replying to messages already. I know from experience that the mods are very good at patiently explaining anything you don't understand!

Sollywos x

Shady

The bottom right of the post is a quote button, if you want to quote any posts click that, in all the posts you want to quote, once you get to the bottom of where you post click the insert quotes, once you have added your reply just press post reply

Vanmagley

Fresh Blood
Welcome Vanmagley, you've joined the best forum for paranormal stuff. Loads of interesting threads and good discussions and plenty of humour for good measure. You'll soon find your way around, looks like you've cracked replying to messages already. I know from experience that the mods are very good at patiently explaining anything you don't understand!

Sollywos x
Thank you very much, Sollywos. I had to stop reading last night as I was frightening myself to death! x

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
My Dad probably was a wise man, yes, although I never listened of course.
“When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.”

Mark Twain (attrib.)

maximus otter

Hi folks. Moav here. Obviously not my real name but I don't post personal info anywhere if I can help it. I only joined so I could give first shout to anybody out there who wanted a back run of issues from 79 to 361. I need to clear some space in my house and I'm happy to give them away to anybody who will come and collect them. However, apparently I can't create a new thread to offer them, so if someone can point me in the right direction of how to do this, that would be great. Thanks

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Hi folks. Moav here. Obviously not my real name but I don't post personal info anywhere if I can help it. I only joined so I could give first shout to anybody out there who wanted a back run of issues from 79 to 361. I need to clear some space in my house and I'm happy to give them away to anybody who will come and collect them. However, apparently I can't create a new thread to offer them, so if someone can point me in the right direction of how to do this, that would be great. Thanks
Hi Moavinfiltrator, people tend to make offers like yours here, just start a thread and make someone happy:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?forums/fortean-times-magazine.12/