The New Members' Thread

Hello, all. I'm littlebrowndragon, new to this forum.

It has been suggested I list my interests. Well, I have many interests, including using discussion forums. I like writing and discussion so what better place to come to?

As to other interests, well, just about anything, but languages and history and films especially. I have not had home internet access for 12 years now - dialup access in those days, especially as I then lived in a remote part of the country which only got broadband years after the more populous areas. During this time my use of the internet has been irregular as I have had to rely on library computers. That was rectified as of last week. I am now curious to see how the internet has changed. There are many changes I can see already, but still much more exploring to do...….....

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Welcome littlebrowndragon, hope you like it here, delve into the place, post on any thread, regardless of age, enjoy

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Hello, all. I'm littlebrowndragon, new to this forum.

It has been suggested I list my interests. Well, I have many interests, including using discussion forums. I like writing and discussion so what better place to come to?

As to other interests, well, just about anything, but languages and history and films especially. I have not had home internet access for 12 years now - dialup access in those days, especially as I then lived in a remote part of the country which only got broadband years after the more populous areas. During this time my use of the internet has been irregular as I have had to rely on library computers. That was rectified as of last week. I am now curious to see how the internet has changed. There are many changes I can see already, but still much more exploring to do...….....
Welcome aboard.

I'm proud to say that we were here--well 'here' in the sense of being online--twelve years ago when you were last regularly online and we've built up quite an archive for you to explore since then.

There's a lot of historical material around. Feel free to dig up old conversations with new input or questions.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
When I arrived in 2001, I thought the FTMB had been going for years.
Gordon once mentioned some proto-FTMB site or board, but I don't recall any details.

I was reading some pretty early Fortean-themed pages (I wouldn't even call most of them sites!) in the years 1997-2000 as an undergraduate and I never found a Fortean Times board.

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Welcome littlebrowndragon so pleased for you that you've got a proper connection at long last! Oh are you in for a treat catching up on the old threads! I really love this mb lot's of insights and learning to be obtained. It's easy to spend many happy hours on here. I hope you have a few 'happenings' of your own to tell I will look forward to reading them. Enjoy!!!
Sollywos x

Anok Pe

Fresh Blood
I have just joined the group. My name is David Tibet, of the ParaMusical group Current 93. My main interests, in the Fortean area, are Harry Price, Gef! the Talking Mongoose of Cashen's Gap, Borley Rectory, Victorian Spiritualism and Mediums, Spirit Photography. Somewhat outside those subjects, and perhaps generally outside of Forteana, I am also interested in studying translating Akkadian, Coptic, Biblical Hebrew, and Ugaritic texts. I am also a great admirer of Tod Slaughter and Count Stenbock and Old Mother Riley and ALL CATS. Thank you and Amen. David+++ xxx

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Gordon once mentioned some proto-FTMB site or board, but I don't recall any details.

I was reading some pretty early Fortean-themed pages (I wouldn't even call most of them sites!) in the years 1997-2000 as an undergraduate and I never found a Fortean Times board.
There was a Usenet group there was also an email discussion list which still exists, now hosted on Yahoo and it’s called Forteana. They were both around from about ‘95 or something.

Who me

Fresh Blood
Welcome aboard/back.

There used to be a dedicated new members' thread for introductions, but if it does still exist it has lain in long abeyance.

Being an opinionated fool is no barrier to admittance; the crime is to be boring or close-minded.
OK so it's late, I'm quite possibly thick and I'm missing the introduction thread if there is one. Moderators please shunt this as appropriate.

I'm a very long time lurker and one time commenter, my old account seems dead and quite frankly I would love to start over again anyway as I think I came across as an opinionated fool (hopefully I'm a little wiser nowadays).

So hello to you regulars, Roland btw is a fictional character not actually my name!

(renamed, and rebranded, and restickied, as the all new newbie thread - stu)

Hi everyone complete novice about all things computer and internet related i think I have posted an account

INT21

Antediluvian
I am also interested in studying translating Akkadian, Coptic, Biblical Hebrew, and Ugaritic texts.
And I thought Colloquial German was difficult.

Welcome aboard. A few of your spirit photos would be nice.

INT21.

Klaus Weber

Fresh Blood
I trust this is the new members thread and that I'm not replying to some random topic (I'm using my phone so it's hard to tell what's going on).

First of all, my name is not Klaus Weber. My real name is Iain M Rodgers. I decided to register "Klaus" on Fortean because someone on here seemed to accuse me of not existing. Not existing would be a terrible state to be in and I hope Klaus's denials on my behalf are a sufficient refutation.

Klaus Weber is a character in my book The Zima Confession and it is for the purpose of shameless self promotion that he will attempt to represent me on these forums.

If anything requires clarification I will be happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
You can use what screen name you wish, of course, but it would be nice to hear your opinions and experiences as a living person rather than those of a fictional character. I'd urge you to keep the promotion to a minimum.