The New Members' Thread

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
Hello Guitar George and welcome! :)

Sollywos x

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Evening all!
I have been lurking around since forever. Just finished reading the entire Jack the Ripper thread, which was more of a pleasure than you might imagine!
Interested in anything unknown or unexplained, plus anything to do with space, astronomy etc. Have been reading Fortean Times since (I think) early 90s, and I still get it. Don't know how much I will be posting but I'll see how it goes.
You'll be familiar with these, of course.

P0.jpg

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Hellos,

I'm not really new as I was a member of the very original forum but obviously cant use that log in anymore and i cant remember any of the details anyway :p

I was a but of a lurker anyway
If you can remember your old name you may be able to have it re-activated.
Anyway, welcome back!

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Hellos,

I'm not really new as I was a member of the very original forum but obviously cant use that log in anymore and i cant remember any of the details anyway :p

I was a but of a lurker anyway
Welcome back, LOAM.

As Escargot says, if you recall any details at all--even a partial name--we may be able to dig up your old account.

Regardless, feel free to dig up any old threads that interest you and drop us a line if you're not sure about how anything works.

Technologically speaking, the board has evolved an awful lot since 2001.

Edit: Are these posts yours?

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/strange-falls-rains-of-objects.87/page-5#post-1182721

[Click the username LOAMY and then the number '12' under messages to see them all]

Last edited:

LOAM

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
I'm not sure because I can't see that profile.

My username would have either been LOAM or Lipsofamoose and I did use LOAMY occasionally.

Edit, no that's not me

Edit 2, actually it could be as I sort of remember a couple of the posts. Or it's someone else and I've just implanted a false memory.

Last edited:

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score

CatsnJammer

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
I'm new as well: I'm CatsnJammer (don't just read it, say it. Er, um...get it?). Anyway, I've loved Forteana since before I knew there was a name for it, discovered the (print) magazine in 2000 & been ultra psyched about it since then. Strangely enough (or perhaps not), I'm a Christian, a mystical one with a wide open mind and a sceptical bent. I have no problem with, and in fact rather enjoy, trying to find links between the Bible, Ancient Astronauts, and lost "Atlantean" civilizations. I can also appreciate the Orang-pendek, Illuminati theories, sleep paralysis episodes, etc. without dragging the Lord into it. My basic question is: What kind of a universe is this we're living in, anyway?
Roland Deschain, another newbie (kinda)- love your avatar name, you gunslinger, you! Like Eddie Dean, my search for the Tower began in Brooklyn long ago; Forteana is the door I was dragged through into this world. I look forward to chatting with all y'all & someone clue-ing me in on how to dress up- photo, etc- my name/avatar box (or whatever it's called). Sorry, only semi-savvy on the tech front, I don't know the lingo yet!

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm new as well: I'm CatsnJammer (don't just read it, say it. Er, um...get it?). Anyway, I've loved Forteana since before I knew there was a name for it, discovered the (print) magazine in 2000 & been ultra psyched about it since then. Strangely enough (or perhaps not), I'm a Christian, a mystical one with a wide open mind and a sceptical bent. I have no problem with, and in fact rather enjoy, trying to find links between the Bible, Ancient Astronauts, and lost "Atlantean" civilizations. I can also appreciate the Orang-pendek, Illuminati theories, sleep paralysis episodes, etc. without dragging the Lord into it. My basic question is: What kind of a universe is this we're living in, anyway?
Roland Deschain, another newbie (kinda)- love your avatar name, you gunslinger, you! Like Eddie Dean, my search for the Tower began in Brooklyn long ago; Forteana is the door I was dragged through into this world. I look forward to chatting with all y'all & someone clue-ing me in on how to dress up- photo, etc- my name/avatar box (or whatever it's called). Sorry, only semi-savvy on the tech front, I don't know the lingo yet!
Welcome aboard.

There are a good few more Christians here, some of them also of a mystical bent, so you certainly won't stand out like a sore thumb.

We're always pleased to see old conversations exhumed and resurrected, so don't hesitate to explore the depths of old sub-fora and drag anything of interest to the surface with your own comments.

Happy reading.

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, CatsnJammer! As Yithian said - feel free to rummage through the forum archives and re-ignite any prior discussions that strike your fancy. If you don't find anything addressing some topic of your interest, simply start a new thread on the subject.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
CatsnJammer I seem to remember a comic called CatsnJammerkids from years ago. Is that where your name come from or am I hallucinating?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
CatsnJammer I seem to remember a comic called CatsnJammerkids from years ago. Is that where your name come from or am I hallucinating?
The Katzenjammer Kids.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Thanks Mythopoeika at least I got the sound right.

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All
Lurked around or a bit and seems like a fun place, I'm a newbie so please be gentle!! I'm interested in all things paranormal approaching with an open if somewhat skeptical mind.
Welcome to the forum!

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All

Lurked around or a bit and seems like a fun place, I'm a newbie so please be gentle!! I'm interested in all things paranormal approaching with an open if somewhat skeptical mind.
Glad you decided to give it a shot.

Feel free to dig up any old conversation that sparks an interest. You needn't just feed on the surface here.