The New Members' Thread

WobblyBob

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
Good afternoon WobblyBob. Did you sleep well?.
Good afternoon! I didn't actually. I was very restless. I go through phases of good sleep and bad sleep. You can probably imagine which it is at the moment :D Thanks for asking. Hope this Monday is treating you well :)

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Good afternoon! I didn't actually. I was very restless. I go through phases of good sleep and bad sleep. You can probably imagine which it is at the moment :D Thanks for asking. Hope this Monday is treating you well :)
We're off for a walk old chap .. here's a song about your restless night .. hang on ..

Jakin

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

my name is Josef Garcia, I am 62 years old and live in Germany.

I have always been a great admirer of Charles Fort. His books were translated into German some years ago and I have been infected ever since.

I had the great fortune to meet the most famous German Charles Fort connoisseur and expert, Ulrich Magin...those were long and exciting nights.

Sorry my English is very bad, but luckily Google helps translating their great forum.

Many greetings
Josef Garcia

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
Welcome to the forum, Josef!

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I have always been a great admirer of Charles Fort. His books were translated into German some years ago and I have been infected ever since.

I had the great fortune to meet the most famous German Charles Fort connoisseur and expert, Ulrich Magin...those were long and exciting nights.

Sorry my English is very bad, but luckily Google helps translating their great forum.

Many greetings
Josef Garcia
Hi Jakin :)

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
Welcome Jakin :) Sounds like you'll have interesting stuff to share with us!

Sollywos x

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Many greetings
Josef Garcia
I always enjoy Ulrich's contributions to the Fortean Times, good to know he's a good bloke.

Jakin

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
II always enjoy Ulrich's contributions to the Fortean Times, good to know he's a good bloke. .
Yes, I can confirm that he knows his way around and can also write very well!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Happymoose

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
Just dropping by to say hi folks. I honestly thought I'd signed up to this forum some years ago but obviously not!! I was a subscriber to the Fortean Times for some years and have a particular interest in....well, now I come to think about it, weird stuff in general :wink2:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Just dropping by to say hi folks. I honestly thought I'd signed up to this forum some years ago but obviously not!! I was a subscriber to the Fortean Times for some years and have a particular interest in....well, now I come to think about it, weird stuff in general :wink2:
Maybe you did sign up but mislaid your username?

If so, and if you can remember it, there might indeed be long-lost nuggets of Fortean wisdom out there for you to reclaim. :)

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome (back?) to the forum!

If you'd previously registered prior to 2018, had never posted, and didn't pass through our renewal process following the autumn 2018 migration your account would have been deleted. If you had posted at least once your account would have been retired.

Mr Happymoose

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
Welcome (back?) to the forum!

If you'd previously registered prior to 2018, had never posted, and didn't pass through our renewal process following the autumn 2018 migration your account would have been deleted. If you had posted at least once your account would have been retired.
To be totally honest, it would have been that long ago that I don't even have access to the email account associated with it anymore so probably best just starting afresh :)

j_73

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
Hello and good day to you all

Only just joined the forum. Over the years have encountered some paranormal experiences from mysterious footsteps and a flying butter knife in a French farm house to seeing 'shadows' at an ex girlfriends house.

Very interested in the paranormal side but have a keen interest on all thing Fortean

Outside of these subjects I enjoy music, football, rugby and reading.

Look forward to chatting in time

James

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score

Only just joined the forum. Over the years have encountered some paranormal experiences from mysterious footsteps and a flying butter knife in a French farm house to seeing 'shadows' at an ex girlfriends house.

Very interested in the paranormal side but have a keen interest on all thing Fortean

James
Welcome! We'll need to hear ALL about your paranormal experiences, please, when you're ready. :D

Sollywos

Reaction score
Welcome aboard j_73 and congratulations, in these troubled times we are going through, for having found the sanest place on the internet! Looking forward to reading about your experiences. :)

Sollywos x

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

James
Welcome on board – good to see a fellow sports fan! There are a few here but I think we're in the minority. Cycling, obviously, but I also follow football, rugby union (Bath), rugby league and Cricket (Somerset) among others. I'm still moving the creaking 57-year-old legs on the 5-a-side courts of Bath (hence the right knee under an ice pack today!).

You should find this a very friendly place, though try to steer of politics! It's about the only no-go area.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score

James
I look forward to reading about some of these experiences.

Welcome to the board--and don't hesitate to resurrect any old discussion that sparks your interest.

Ogdred Weary

Cryptozoomologist
Reaction score

James
Sounds interesting please tell us about it in the "It Happened to Me" forum.

Gasmantell

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
Just rejoined - I used the handle Rerum Silva last time.

Been reading the mag for a long time triggered by my interest in Charles Fort, hoping for some good exchanges here.

one interest area is ABCs, and when I find the right thread I’ll divulge further.

Sollywos

Reaction score
Just rejoined - I used the handle Rerum Silva last time.

Been reading the mag for a long time triggered by my interest in Charles Fort, hoping for some good exchanges here.

one interest area is ABCs, and when I find the right thread I’ll divulge further.
Welcome back! I'm looking foward to reading what you have to divulge re ABC's

Sollywos x

Okarin

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Many greetings
Josef Garcia
Hello Josef

Welcome sorry I'm a bit late I've had a week or so away from the forum. Your English is a lot better than my German!