The New Members' Thread

Okarin

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
Hello and good day to you all

Only just joined the forum. Over the years have encountered some paranormal experiences from mysterious footsteps and a flying butter knife in a French farm house to seeing 'shadows' at an ex girlfriends house.

Very interested in the paranormal side but have a keen interest on all thing Fortean

Outside of these subjects I enjoy music, football, rugby and reading.

Look forward to chatting in time

James
Welcome I look forward to hearing more of your experiences

Okarin

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
Just rejoined - I used the handle Rerum Silva last time.

Been reading the mag for a long time triggered by my interest in Charles Fort, hoping for some good exchanges here.

one interest area is ABCs, and when I find the right thread I’ll divulge further.
welcome back

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

my name is Josef Garcia, I am 62 years old and live in Germany.

I have always been a great admirer of Charles Fort. His books were translated into German some years ago and I have been infected ever since.

I had the great fortune to meet the most famous German Charles Fort connoisseur and expert, Ulrich Magin...those were long and exciting nights.

Sorry my English is very bad, but luckily Google helps translating their great forum.

Many greetings
Josef Garcia
Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome!

Hope you enjoy yourself here!

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, I used to be on here about a thousand years ago as Beakboo. I expect everyone I know is dead now.
Welcome back.

I hate to dash your expectations, but I'm undead... I mean not dead.

Would you like this username or your original one?

I've got two old accounts for you that I was waiting to merge into this one.

Beakmoo

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Welcome back.

I hate to dash your expectations, but I'm undead... I mean not dead.

Would you like this username or your original one?

I've got two old accounts for you that I was waiting to merge into this one.
how lovely! I remember you of course. Can I be Beakmoo please because I am an old moo now.

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent news. I feared it might be all young upstarts with just that Escargot hanging around making a nuisance of herself.
That last bit is definitely true! :eek:

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
Excellent news. I feared it might be all young upstarts with just that Escargot hanging around making a nuisance of herself.
Well I've joined since you left but can assure you that I'm no young upstart. I'm well into old 'moodom' (is that a word? whatever we old moos can make up whatever words we like, we've earnt the right! lol)
Pleased to meet you :)

Sollywos x

Sid

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Well I've joined since you left but can assure you that I'm no young upstart. I'm well into old 'moodom' (is that a word? whatever we old moos can make up whatever words we like, we've earnt the right! lol)
Pleased to meet you :)

Sollywos x
Huh... is 'Moodom' a word? Course it is ~ it's what connects the computer to the internet!:comphit:

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
Huh... is 'Moodom' a word? Course it is ~ it's what connects the computer to the internet!:comphit:
I just knew I had to be useful for something :hahazebs:

Sollywos x

VitaminMan

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
Hello Forteans. I initially read "Passport to Magonia" after 3 months of psylocibin use (can we discuss psychedelics in this forum? I've failed to find a rules section) and became too freaked out to delve deeper in the strange happenings that apparently do happen. Being the prudent man that I am I decided to give my mind a rest from weirdness and became interested in creating a circle of comfort to myself instead of going crazy. Now, 2 years later and with a secure position for at least some years I decided to risk going crazy again. I might even become a wise man in the process.
Plan is reading K Dick, Vallée, Keel, all those weirdos. Also, I will have to do some actual tests....I don't want to be one of those armchair warriors!

But why am I here? I wanted a place to talk with other people interested in these topics but reddit was offputting because those folks take these things too seriously, which is not a wise move to make in my opinion. I see all kinds of jokes being done over here and so it seemed perfect.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. The basic rules are spelled out in the 'Terms and rules' linked at the bottom of the page.

Psychedelics are fair game for discussion.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Hello, I used to be on here about a thousand years ago as Beakboo. I expect everyone I know is dead now.
Latex Realbird.

She could mange me, you know.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Hello Forteans. I initially read "Passport to Magonia" after 3 months of psylocibin use (can we discuss psychedelics in this forum? I've failed to find a rules section) and became too freaked out to delve deeper in the strange happenings that apparently do happen. Being the prudent man that I am I decided to give my mind a rest from weirdness and became interested in creating a circle of comfort to myself instead of going crazy. Now, 2 years later and with a secure position for at least some years I decided to risk going crazy again. I might even become a wise man in the process.
Plan is reading K Dick, Vallée, Keel, all those weirdos. Also, I will have to do some actual tests....I don't want to be one of those armchair warriors!

But why am I here? I wanted a place to talk with other people interested in these topics but reddit was offputting because those folks take these things too seriously, which is not a wise move to make in my opinion. I see all kinds of jokes being done over here and so it seemed perfect.
Ahh, psylocybins? Nope, never heard of those. But I have a vague memory of when I was a teenager having a home-cooked 'mushroom' pizza, which was followed by a very pleasant evening; I'm not sure my parents knew why I was quite so perky. Happy days indeed. There's a similar-ish recollection about flapjacks that my then-girlfriend and I made in her university hall of residence...

Hey ho, and welcome on board!

Last edited:

Ogdred Weary

Cryptozoomologist
Reaction score

Welcome VM, I'm interested in your experiences with psilocybin, I don't know which subforum psychedelics go under though.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board.

Can we discuss psychedelics in this forum?
Certainly, yes, but please steer clear of the topic of how they may be obtained in juristictions where their cultivation/possession is unlawful.

VitaminMan

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
Thank you all for the welcoming!
Welcome VM, I'm interested in your experiences with psilocybin, I don't know which subforum psychedelics go under though.
I would be more than happy to do so, as it would be an useful exercise on explaining what even happened. It's really curious how I'm unable to remember the experience itself, not what happened or what I thought, but the actual experience of being "there". Maybe we could open up a thread on "It happened to me" about psychedelics experiences?

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the welcoming!

I would be more than happy to do so, as it would be an useful exercise on explaining what even happened. It's really curious how I'm unable to remember the experience itself, not what happened or what I thought, but the actual experience of being "there". Maybe we could open up a thread on "It happened to me" about psychedelics experiences?
There is a thread on taking trips here
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/taking-trips.58663/
And another general one on hallucinogens here
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/hallucinogens.16219/

eziofan

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
Hi all

Been a reader of FT since the very early days and have an almost complete run (thanks to the compendium of the early issues). Think my original forum membership has lapsed/been deleted but here I am! Currently taking a fresh look at classic Forteana cases in light of what we know now and what cases may arise in the future. Will the exponential rise of mobile phone cameras, CCTV, dashcams, etc see the end of cryptic sightings such as Bigfoot and lake monsters, phantom hitchhiker, etc. We shall see...

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Been a reader of FT since the very early days and have an almost complete run (thanks to the compendium of the early issues). Think my original forum membership has lapsed/been deleted but here I am! ...
Welcome (back)!

If you have posts made under your previous account, it's possible for us to merge the old and new accounts so that all posts will appear under one username.

If you'd like to look into this, contact me or any of the other moderators via PM.