The New Members' Thread

Mystical Times

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
Hello,
Long time since I've signed up to a forum but happy to be here. Really enjoy reading and hearing about hauntings as well as high strangeness experiences, so looking forward to searching the forum for those type of accounts and anything else that intrigues me.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Hello,
Long time since I've signed up to a forum but happy to be here. Really enjoy reading and hearing about hauntings as well as high strangeness experiences, so looking forward to searching the forum for those type of accounts and anything else that intrigues me.
Welcome to crazy town :oldm:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Hello,
Step this way, we have everything you need.

I too most enjoy ghosts and human weirdness. We have lots of threads on them to which I hope you will be contributing in due course. :D

You don't need to post your innermost secrets or include evidence like names or exact locations unless you wish to. It's not recommended anyway.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Hello,
Hello, friendly advice there's a bit of a Candyman riff to the Eating and Drinking thread - say 'Nom' three times in rapid succession and you might find your ribcage opened and stuffed with bees. Apart from that .. welcome.

Mystical Times

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
Step this way, we have everything you need.

I too most enjoy ghosts and human weirdness. We have lots of threads on them to which I hope you will be contributing in due course. :D

You don't need to post your innermost secrets or include evidence like names or exact locations unless you wish to. It's not recommended anyway.
Cheers! :)

gojiramonkey

Here hare here
Reaction score
Hello all.....i like both types of music... Heavy AND metal..... And it is the greatest film ever but it deeply upsets me that the chicken in Withnail & I is the actual one that gets butchered. Not that I am a veggie.... But.... Makes me a little sad. Please no more giant spider posts

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Hello all.....i like both types of music... Heavy AND metal..... And it is the greatest film ever but it deeply upsets me that the chicken in Withnail & I is the actual one that gets butchered. Not that I am a veggie.... But.... Makes me a little sad. Please no more giant spider posts
Welcome to the Hotel California, you know the rest :p

CharmerKamelion

Who knows where it will end?
Reaction score
Hi gojiramonkey. And welcome to the Forum. It is a happy, strange and thoughtful place. Your concern for the chicken does you credit. That is really what make us human. I felt sad on finding a dead wood pigeon on the patio last week. Looked like he had just keeled over and given up the ghost. Better than becoming fox fodder, I guess. Anyway, take some small comfort that that chicken in 'Withnail and I' has attained a kind of immortality. She will be remembered. Not many chickens are able to say that. Well, they generally don't say much of any note, but you get my point, I hope.

gojiramonkey

Here hare here
Reaction score
Hi gojiramonkey. And welcome to the Forum. It is a happy, strange and thoughtful place. Your concern for the chicken does you credit. That is really what make us human. I felt sad on finding a dead wood pigeon on the patio last week. Looked like he had just keeled over and given up the ghost. Better than becoming fox fodder, I guess. Anyway, take some small comfort that that chicken in 'Withnail and I' has attained a kind of immortality. She will be remembered. Not many chickens are able to say that. Well, they generally don't say much of any note, but you get my point, I hope.
Thank you. Usually people say I am about as sensitive as a bog brush but having a "fierce integrity" (cough!) as a metal head it won't do me any harm. I think I am going to like it here. And thanks to your wise words, the next time I watch Withnail (well into triple figures!) I will feel a little better about the poor chicken.