The New Members' Thread

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)

CharmerKamelion

Who knows where it will end?
Reaction score
Probably more likely it flew into a window at 70mph and broke its neck.

Cheerful as ever, Trev! It probably wasn't that because the evening before I saw (what I assume was) the same pigeon sitting huddled up at the edge of the neighbour's flat roof, looking a bit sorry for himself. I chucked a few sunflower kernels out to see if it would come down for them, but he wasn't up for it. The wood pigeons usually love them. He did move to another part of the flat roof but didn't look like he was interested in life anymore. Discovering him lying peacefully on his back with his wings folded across his breast like a sleeping angel (ok, little bit of poetic licence there) and nowhere close to a window makes me think it was just his time to go to that big pigeon coop in the sky. I gave him a decent send-off. Well, I put him in some undergrowth on some nearby wasteland, and then had a cup of tea.

Obviously, it is entirely possible that he might have choked to death on a sunflower kernel, but if you think I was gonna conduct a post mortem on a pigeon....

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)

Zographos

Formerly Colonel Z
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, @gojiramonkey! And remember: "You will come back to us, Comrade. No one ever leaves the KGB." ;)

JahaRa

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Hello, I was just recommended this site today and decided to sign up. I live in New Mexico, U.S.A. where there are lots of UFO stories and wide open spaces. I am interested in a lot of different things and will spend some time perusing the forums.

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
Hello, I was just recommended this site today and decided to sign up. I live in New Mexico, U.S.A. where there are lots of UFO stories and wide open spaces. I am interested in a lot of different things and will spend some time perusing the forums.
Welcome JahaRa! I'm pleased you've decided to join us as you certainly live in an interesting part of the world. Have you seen any UFO's.?

Enjoy having a good browse, plenty of interesting threads on weirdness plus lots of friendly chat make this the best forum around! :)

We encourage people to add new stuff to old threads by the way so if something grabs your interest from years back fire away!

Sollywos x

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, JahaRa!

As Sollywos said, there's plenty to browse and a wide variety of vintage threads you're welcome to wake from their chthonic slumber.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Welcome to the board

CharmerKamelion

Who knows where it will end?
Reaction score
Hi JahaRa. New Mexico must indeed be an interesting place to be! I expect your eyes are on the skies all the time. Have you spotted anything odd up there? Or have any of your friends and family reported anything? Looking forward to hearing....

Kam

JahaRa

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Welcome JahaRa! I'm pleased you've decided to join us as you certainly live in an interesting part of the world. Have you seen any UFO's.?

Enjoy having a good browse, plenty of interesting threads on weirdness plus lots of friendly chat make this the best forum around! :)

We encourage people to add new stuff to old threads by the way so if something grabs your interest from years back fire away!

Sollywos x
Thank you. I have seen some UFO's or probably UAP's and I was with a group that all saw the action the first time. I will post something this weekend when I have time in the UFO section.

JahaRa

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Hi JahaRa. New Mexico must indeed be an interesting place to be! I expect your eyes are on the skies all the time. Have you spotted anything odd up there? Or have any of your friends and family reported anything? Looking forward to hearing....

Kam
Yes, I have spotted a lot, most of it in the 80's. I will find a thread in the UFO section to add to.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Ann.

I'm British.

I work in the arts/crafts, history & music side of heritage preservation.

My hobbies are reading, typing & singing. I'm interested in history & poetry.

I love animals & am interested in finding out about animals.

I look forward to getting to know you better.

Horsa

Reaction score
Hello!

You decided to join up too. It's nice to see a familiar name here.

Stillill

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Thank you. I have seen some UFO's or probably UAP's and I was with a group that all saw the action the first time. I will post something this weekend when I have time in the UFO section.
Welcome to the forum. We look forward to reading your UFO post.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Ann.

I'm British.

Hi and welcome to the board, I'm sure you will get on well with a number of members here who love a bit of arts and craft, there are a number of animal related threads here, just have a browse through the various threads until you find one that takes your fancy, and don't be worried about posting anything you fancy, as long as it's not political :)

Stillill

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Ann.

I'm British.

Welcome to the forum.

Horsa

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the board, I'm sure you will get on well with a number of members here who love a bit of arts and craft, there are a number of animal related threads here, just have a browse through the various threads until you find one that takes your fancy, and don't be worried about posting anything you fancy, as long as it's not political :)
Hi!

Thank you very much.

That sounds good.

I sometimes think in rhyme so the fact you said I could post anything I like as long as it's not political means I can think in rhyme without worrying about the repercussions sounds good. :0)

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Ann.

I'm British.

You might like the limericks threads too.

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/limericks.37633/

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/blitz-limericks.48220/

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
Hello Horsa glad you've joined us! Plenty for you to get stuck into here ... looking forward to your contributions.

I like your avatar picture and:-

'Be the light in someone's life.
Allow yourself to shine bright.
Keep yourself as sharp as a knife.
Always do what you think is right

We are a friendly bunch you'll soon get to know us. :)

Sollywos x

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Good to see you.
It's good to see you here too.
Don't read anything into this other than information you may not know, if you wish to have a private conversation you can 'private message' someone by clicking on their avatar and clicking 'start conversation' any PM's you receive will show as a number (of messages) on the envelope icon on the toolbar at the top of the screen, the lightning symbol refreshes the 'latest posts' , the bell tells you if you have any replays or 'likes' to your posts or if you are 'watching' any thread, tell you if new posts have been made, and the magnifying glass is a search tool as usual. :)