• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
In my kids school, they knew an inspection was on the way when teachers suddenly took more interest beyond reading out from textbooks.
I can't help wondering if part of the reason that poor woman dreaded any downgrading of the status by the inspection was the impact on her teaching career.
Most schools now are run by private management firms ... er ... education providers and any reduction in status might harm her relationship with the owners. I'm not completely disbelieving in her dedication to her school and pupils but it seems to me another risk which tipped her over the edge.
Tipped over the edge sums it up. Other factors must have been in play. If the inspector was that officious and obnoxious my reaction would have been to show him the door and then submit formal complaints to the relevant authorities. The problem is that in these kinds of circumstances (and they appear in all sorts of situations) you can never rule out the possibility of dealing with what I refer to as an eggshell personality. Such a shame for the poor woman who had a lot going for her but clearly needed help. As I mentioned in this thread some women don't appear to be getting the help they need.

I think he was only trying to help.

He would have found her body had it been at the bottom but he should have been thorough enough to point out that there were areas of reeds at the side of the river where he would not have found her.
Yes of course he was trying to help but his constant comments like "if she's in the river we'll find her" and when they didn't "she's definitely not in the water" and then blaming the Police made the guy look ridiculous.

Back