The Nicolas Cage Thread (Was Left Behind)

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
Just when you thought Tiger King couldn't get any crazier
Nicolas Cage to Play ‘Tiger King’s’ Joe Exotic in Scripted Series From ‘American Vandal’ Showrunner (EXCLUSIVE)

Nicolas Cage is set to star in a scripted series centered on Joe Exotic, the subject of the Netflix docuseries “Tiger King,” Variety has learned exclusively.
The eight-episode series is being produced by Imagine Television Studios and CBS Television Studios. It will be taken to market in the coming days. It is based on the Texas Monthly article “Joe Exotic: A Dark Journey Into the World of a Man Gone Wild,” by Leif Reigstad.
etc
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/joe-exotic-nicolas-cage-series-tiger-king-1234574979/

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Now that's just too farfetched.

AnonyJoolz

Captainess Sensible
Reaction score
Having-a-nice-cup-of-tea-and-a-sit-down-shire
Nic Cage is a Somerset lad now (he lives near Baltonsborough when not filming), he's often spotted around and about. We rather like him! I quite enjoyed watching Left Behind as it made a change from the usual action movie.

His turn in Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans was excellent. His depiction of the disability caused by spinal issues was spot-on - I like that he'd actually bothered to learn about it.

Heh, I'm not that fussy when it comes to Nic Cage films - I like the National Treasure series, Raising Arizona is a masterpiece, Moonstruck would be perfect if someone else apart from Cher was in the lead role. The only ones I wouldn't watch are the really gory/violent ones as I just can't do that any more.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I bet if we discussed comic books more we could entice Mr Cage onto this message board. He must have some stories.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Aaand the horror movie most in need of a title change in the UK is...
Nic news

Nic's new shocker, Willy's Wonderland. Originally Wally's Wonderland, but maybe they thought that sounded too sensible (or copyright-infringing) so every "Wally" will be overdubbed with "Willy"!?

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
Aaand the horror movie most in need of a title change in the UK is...
Nic news

Nic's new shocker, Willy's Wonderland. Originally Wally's Wonderland, but maybe they thought that sounded too sensible (or copyright-infringing) so every "Wally" will be overdubbed with "Willy"!?
How about Wally’s Willyland? I’m not sure exactly how much that suggestion is worth in Hollywood money.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Inconceivable: A dark thriller where Nic Cage doesn't chew up the scenery. He's a placid doctor married to another doctor, Gina Gershon. NicKy Whelan inveigles her way into their home, first as a friend, then as a nanny, eventually becoming a surrogate mother for a donor embryo. Whelan isn't all that she seems, indeed she's the psychotic type of character usually portrayed by Cage. She merrily drugs, drowns and stabs her way along. Some really disturbing/violent scenes but Whelan's psychological manipulation and gaslighting of her victims is far more impressive. Faye Dunaway plays an interfering grandmother. Director Jonathan Baker working from a script by Chloe King delivers an interesting thriller with many twists and turns. On Netflix. 7/10.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Raising Arizona is a masterpiece
I love Raising Arizona.
Last year I drove past a banknote that was lying in the road.
I turned the banger round and we sped back, and my passenger opened the door and scoped up the cash while I performed the yodeling accompaniment.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Anyone seen Jiu Jitsu? Nicolas Cage vs The Predator! Or as near to the Predator as they could get without paying through the nose for a copyrighted character. It makes no sense whatsoever, but Nic is a bit of fun dressed up as Dennis Hopper in Apocalypse Now (nothing to do with the story, he just is). Bit obvious when he gives way to his acrobatic stunt double, as you can imagine.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I can recommend Willy's Wonderland, it's not a masterpiece or anything, but Cage gives what he calls a silent movie performance: he doesn't say a word, just uses facial expressions. Apart from that it's him beating up stuntmen wearing comedy costumes for ninety minutes. I know what you're thinking - "I must see it!"

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Outcast: Nicholas Cage chews up the scenery; first as a Crusader in the Middle East later as a bandit leader casting a jaundiced eye at all who annoy him in China. Hayden Christensen is his former protege, they fall out after the sacking of an Arab town over the slaughter which Cage has tired of. Years later a dissolute Christensen is in China when he becomes entangled with a princess (Liu Yifei) and prince (Bill Su Jiahang) fleeing from their murderous elder brother (Andy On) in a succession feud. Lots of derring do, betrayals sword fights and even an unarmed Kung Fu Monk taking on numerous armed warriors. This happens a lot in the film though it's mostly lone swordsmen against platoons of guards. Some savage and disturbing scenes of violence and killings both in the Near and Far East. Still, it's an enjoyable romp. Directed by Nick Powell and written by James Dormer. On Netflix. 6/10.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I gave up on Ju Jitsu after 24 minutes. I want those minutes back. On Netflix.
We made it through to the end. It was painful but we achieved it.

It was a masterclass in making massive martial arts fights look really boring. Even Cage and his hat made of newspaper couldn't save this one.