• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Nicolas Cage Thread (Was Left Behind)

He's a great actor.

He just has no quality control and will take absolutely any film they ask him to do. So he does A LOT of poop films.

Probably mentioned on this thread, but apparently he has a large tax bill thanks to lack of business and money savvy, hence the, er, broadening of the Oscar-winning Cage brand.

Nic's latest

Nicolas Cage Searches for Beloved Stolen Pig in New Trailer​

"Somebody stole her," intones Cage in 'Pig' trailer. "Who has my pig?"

BY JAMES HIBBERD
Plus Icon

Who snatched Nicolas Cage’s prized pig?
That’s the setup for a surprisingly sober-looking upcoming film that has the Oscar-winner on a quest to find his missing hog.

Cage plays an Oregon mushroom forger (and, it seems, a former professional chef) living alone in the woods and one day his truffle-finding pig is taken. He then goes on a quest to find said pig and the swine who stole her.

This sums it up:
So it’s sort of like John Wick – except with a pig instead of a puppy, and the pig is missing instead of dead, and the owner is a chef instead of a hitman, and it’s a drama instead of an action film. So just like John Wick except for all the ways it’s not.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/nicolas-cage-pig-trailer-1234969777/

See, I saw the synopsis for Pig, and just rolled my eyes, but then saw the trailer, and now I'm really looking forward to it.

Give Cage the right script and director, and there's no reason to think he can't get back to the days of Leaving Las Vegas.

facebook_1627064336819_6824402456180245371.jpg

Pig is the opening night film for the Edinburgh Film Festival! They didn't do that with Willy's Wonderland...

According to Nic, and he's quoted in this trailer, this is "the wildest movie I've ever made!" Here is that trailer for Prisoners of the Ghostland:

It's a Sion Sono movie, so good to see him working with somebody on his wavelength.

It looks completely 'out there'.
Bring it on!

It wouldn't be so bad if Bruce looked like he was doing so much because he enjoyed it, but recently he looks as if he's being forced to act at gunpoint.

It wouldn't be so bad if Bruce looked like he was doing so much because he enjoyed it, but recently he looks as if he's being forced to act at gunpoint.
I guess if he wasn't paying out so much to family members, he might retire from acting.

Michael Caine is another one who never turned down work. I was talking on the phone with a friend once deciding what movie to got to, we were talking about a low comedy and she said well Michael Caine is in it - but he takes anything - and I looked up to my muted TV and it was a promo for Caine doing a muppets show.

Michael Caine is another one who never turned down work. I was talking on the phone with a friend once deciding what movie to got to, we were talking about a low comedy and she said well Michael Caine is in it - but he takes anything - and I looked up to my muted TV and it was a promo for Caine doing a muppets show.
He was good in 'Muppets Christmas Carol'

A role he can get his teeth into

Nicolas Cage to Play Dracula in Universal’s ‘Renfield’ Movie​

Nicolas Cage is set to play Dracula in Universal’s “Renfield,” a monster movie centering not on the infamous vampire, but rather his notorious lackey.
The call sheet may be confusing. That’s because Cage is starring alongside another Nic, Nicholas Hoult, who is portraying the unhinged henchman known as Renfield.
An origin story, the upcoming film is expected to take place in the present day. It’s not clear how much it will stick to the source material, Bram Stoker’s 1897 horror novel “Dracula.” In the literary thriller, R.M. Renfield was an inmate at a lunatic asylum. He was thought to be suffering from delusions that compelled him to eat live creatures in the hopes of obtaining immortality, until it’s later revealed that he’s under the influence of one Count Dracula.
https://variety.com/2021/film/news/nicolas-cage-dracula-renfield-movie-1235122323/

Didn't Madonna once make a disparaging comment about him behind his back at one of her shows?
I don't remember him in 'Rumble Fish'. Will have to re-watch.

Didn't Madonna once make a disparaging comment about him behind his back at one of her shows?
Haven't we all?

You're getting him mixed up with Kevin Costner. This is the first time in history this has ever happened.

He's only in Rumble Fish briefly (one of Matt Dillon's pals), but you will recognise him.

You're getting him mixed up with Kevin Costner. This is the first time in history this has ever happened.

He's only in Rumble Fish briefly (one of Matt Dillon's pals), but you will recognise him.
Yes, Costner that's it.
I hadn't really thought of Cage for years until coming on this thread and John Cusack also keeps popping up in my memory for some reason.

Back