• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Nicolas Cage Thread (Was Left Behind)

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Feast your eyes on the new poster for the Nicolas Cage movie Left Behind:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=118861

Many are rubbing their hands together in anticipation for what this Rapture movie might promise, Nic's facial expression suggesting he cannot quite believe he's been reduced to this either. Will it be a fiasco of Wicker Man remake proportions? We can only hope.

In the meantime, we can only look upon the poster and come up with amusing captions for it.

I nominate we move it over to the thread "Movies you don't see because of the trailer"...and add..."or poster" to the thread title.

The "rapture" a Christian thing isn't it?

Cage looks like he's wondering why on earth he thought it was a good idea to send someone called Jordin Sparks to fill up the car.

He really does look nonplussed. He must really need the money.

A real wicker-basket case.

Of course, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance! OK, just me who liked that one... He does have an Oscar, mind you.

OneWingedBird said:
Has he actually done a decent movie since Raising Arizona? :lol:

I don't think it was 'decent' but I enjoyed him in, and the film, Kick Ass

gncxx said:
Feast your eyes on the new poster for the Nicolas Cage movie Left Behind:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=118861

Many are rubbing their hands together in anticipation for what this Rapture movie might promise, Nic's facial expression suggesting he cannot quite believe he's been reduced to this either. Will it be a fiasco of Wicker Man remake proportions? We can only hope.

In the meantime, we can only look upon the poster and come up with amusing captions for it.

So this is what keep interrupting my nonstop listening to Mediaeval Baebes on youtube. Looks icky to me.

Con Air is always enjoyable, especially the bunny bit.

I can't remember the exact details but I've read that nowadays it's very common that an actor is contractually obliged to do crap movies for a studio in return for starring in a blockbuster.

I can't be arsed to check all the facts now but it could explain Johnny Depp in The Lone Ranger (Disney) in return for Pirates (Disney)

Or Nicholas Cage in Ghost Rider (Marvel owned by Disney) in return for National Treasure (Disney) etc.

I don't think it was 'decent' but I enjoyed him in, and the film, Kick Ass

OMFG I never realised he was Big Daddy, shows how long it is since I saw him in a movie.

:lol:

Ringo_ said:
Or Nicholas Cage in Ghost Rider (Marvel owned by Disney) in return for National Treasure (Disney) etc.

That might be the other way around, Cage is a huge comics fan and wanted to play a comic superhero. When the Tim Burton Superman movie faltered, he jumped at the chance to be Ghost Rider. He even dressed up as Baron Samedi for the scenes where he's got a CGI flaming skull head.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's the taxman dictating Nic spreads his talents rather thinly.

To be fair, Nicholas Cage has spent quite a lot of his free time time travelling back to the wild west looking for a decent photographer....

main-nicolas-cage-0.jpg

Ringo_ said:
I can't remember the exact details but I've read that nowadays it's very common that an actor is contractually obliged to do crap movies for a studio in return for starring in a blockbuster.
That suggests that studios are setting out in advance to make crappy movies!

Mr Cage has admitted in the past to cultivating an image of, um, eccentricity to stand out from the crowd of his fellow actors. But as Kurt Vonnegut says, we must be careful what we pretend to be, because we are what we pretend to be.

Peripart said:
Ringo_ said:
That suggests that studios are setting out in advance to make crappy movies!

Well, that's not quite what I meant. I think the jist of whatever I read was that the stars are contractually obliged to do a certain amount fo movies withina certain time frame. And not every film that gets made can be a huge hit.

There was a very good review of a new film starring Cage, in the NRC Next, this morning.

Apparently, Joe, is a movie that Cage fans have been waiting a long time for.

I know he can act, I remember him from, Moonstruck. If not always on top form, he's certainly done some of the most memorable turns of any actor in Hollywood.

Pietro_Mercurios said:
There was a very good review of a new film starring Cage, in the NRC Next, this morning.

Apparently, Joe, is a movie that Cage fans have been waiting a long time for.

I know he can act, I remember him from, Moonstruck. If not always on top form, he's certainly done some of the most memorable turns of any actor in Hollywood.

Joe sounds interesting, looking forward to it.

What kind of God would do this? Indeed.

His face on the poster just looks as if he's thinking "How did I end up in this film?"

Pietro_Mercurios said:
If not always on top form, he's certainly done some of the most memorable turns of any actor in Hollywood.

Birdy
Raising Arizona

... to name but two.

Enter Satan...

The Dark Lord Himself Is Now Endorsing Nic Cage’s Kirk Cameron Remake

When it comes to the Nicolas Cage remake of the Kirk Cameron adaptation of the rapture-riffic Left Behind, I didn’t think things would get more confusing than the above image from the film’s poster. What the hell is going on with his face? Is that just a terrible photoshop or has Cage begun the slow process of actually having his face taken *hilarious overly dramatic pause* off so that he can finally swap it with John Travolta? Actually, that would sort of explain Travolta’s latest bizarre facial hair. But I digress.

The marketing team for Left Behind added some fuel to the eternal hellfire this week by invoking the name of Satan on a promotional image for the film. As it turns out, that sneaky devil fella doesn’t want us to see this film and save our souls in the process.
http://uproxx.com/filmdrunk/2014/09/the ... on-remake/

Back