• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Nicolas Cage Thread (Was Left Behind)

Just when you thought Tiger King couldn't get any crazier
Nicolas Cage to Play ‘Tiger King’s’ Joe Exotic in Scripted Series From ‘American Vandal’ Showrunner (EXCLUSIVE)

Nicolas Cage is set to star in a scripted series centered on Joe Exotic, the subject of the Netflix docuseries “Tiger King,” Variety has learned exclusively.
The eight-episode series is being produced by Imagine Television Studios and CBS Television Studios. It will be taken to market in the coming days. It is based on the Texas Monthly article “Joe Exotic: A Dark Journey Into the World of a Man Gone Wild,” by Leif Reigstad.
etc

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/joe-exotic-nicolas-cage-series-tiger-king-1234574979/

Nic Cage is a Somerset lad now (he lives near Baltonsborough when not filming), he's often spotted around and about. We rather like him! I quite enjoyed watching Left Behind as it made a change from the usual action movie.

His turn in Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans was excellent. His depiction of the disability caused by spinal issues was spot-on - I like that he'd actually bothered to learn about it.

Heh, I'm not that fussy when it comes to Nic Cage films - I like the National Treasure series, Raising Arizona is a masterpiece, Moonstruck would be perfect if someone else apart from Cher was in the lead role. The only ones I wouldn't watch are the really gory/violent ones as I just can't do that any more.

I bet if we discussed comic books more we could entice Mr Cage onto this message board. He must have some stories.

Aaand the horror movie most in need of a title change in the UK is...
Nic news

Nic's new shocker, Willy's Wonderland. Originally Wally's Wonderland, but maybe they thought that sounded too sensible (or copyright-infringing) so every "Wally" will be overdubbed with "Willy"!?

Aaand the horror movie most in need of a title change in the UK is...
Nic news

Nic's new shocker, Willy's Wonderland. Originally Wally's Wonderland, but maybe they thought that sounded too sensible (or copyright-infringing) so every "Wally" will be overdubbed with "Willy"!?
How about Wally’s Willyland? I’m not sure exactly how much that suggestion is worth in Hollywood money.

Inconceivable: A dark thriller where Nic Cage doesn't chew up the scenery. He's a placid doctor married to another doctor, Gina Gershon. NicKy Whelan inveigles her way into their home, first as a friend, then as a nanny, eventually becoming a surrogate mother for a donor embryo. Whelan isn't all that she seems, indeed she's the psychotic type of character usually portrayed by Cage. She merrily drugs, drowns and stabs her way along. Some really disturbing/violent scenes but Whelan's psychological manipulation and gaslighting of her victims is far more impressive. Faye Dunaway plays an interfering grandmother. Director Jonathan Baker working from a script by Chloe King delivers an interesting thriller with many twists and turns. On Netflix. 7/10.

I must admit I swear too, when I see most of Netflix's selection.

Anyone seen Jiu Jitsu? Nicolas Cage vs The Predator! Or as near to the Predator as they could get without paying through the nose for a copyrighted character. It makes no sense whatsoever, but Nic is a bit of fun dressed up as Dennis Hopper in Apocalypse Now (nothing to do with the story, he just is). Bit obvious when he gives way to his acrobatic stunt double, as you can imagine.

I can recommend Willy's Wonderland, it's not a masterpiece or anything, but Cage gives what he calls a silent movie performance: he doesn't say a word, just uses facial expressions. Apart from that it's him beating up stuntmen wearing comedy costumes for ninety minutes. I know what you're thinking - "I must see it!"

1615134546677.png

Outcast: Nicholas Cage chews up the scenery; first as a Crusader in the Middle East later as a bandit leader casting a jaundiced eye at all who annoy him in China. Hayden Christensen is his former protege, they fall out after the sacking of an Arab town over the slaughter which Cage has tired of. Years later a dissolute Christensen is in China when he becomes entangled with a princess (Liu Yifei) and prince (Bill Su Jiahang) fleeing from their murderous elder brother (Andy On) in a succession feud. Lots of derring do, betrayals sword fights and even an unarmed Kung Fu Monk taking on numerous armed warriors. This happens a lot in the film though it's mostly lone swordsmen against platoons of guards. Some savage and disturbing scenes of violence and killings both in the Near and Far East. Still, it's an enjoyable romp. Directed by Nick Powell and written by James Dormer. On Netflix. 6/10.

I gave up on Ju Jitsu after 24 minutes. I want those minutes back. On Netflix.

I gave up on Ju Jitsu after 24 minutes. I want those minutes back. On Netflix.

We made it through to the end. It was painful but we achieved it.

It was a masterclass in making massive martial arts fights look really boring. Even Cage and his hat made of newspaper couldn't save this one.

We made it through to the end. It was painful but we achieved it.

It was a masterclass in making massive martial arts fights look really boring. Even Cage and his hat made of newspaper couldn't save this one.

As you can see from my above posts I have viewed many of Cage's films made over the last few years and even liked some but this was a trauma too far. It had the ingredients for a good film but they were blended and cooked badly.

Feast your eyes on the new poster for the Nicolas Cage movie Left Behind:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=118861

Many are rubbing their hands together in anticipation for what this Rapture movie might promise, Nic's facial expression suggesting he cannot quite believe he's been reduced to this either. Will it be a fiasco of Wicker Man remake proportions? We can only hope.

In the meantime, we can only look upon the poster and come up with amusing captions for it.
Ye gods... herself is watching the Simpsons episode that parodies the film Left Behind. I open the fortean forums and pick a thread to look at titled "FT404". first thing I see ithis post about the film Left Behind.

As you can see from my above posts I have viewed many of Cage's films made over the last few years and even liked some but this was a trauma too far. It had the ingredients for a good film but they were blended and cooked badly.

Do you think Mr Cage might, just possibly, have used a stuntman in his fight scenes? Something in the way he kept his face hidden, like Ed Wood's chiropractor.

Something in the way he kept his face hidden, like Ed Wood's chiropractor.
It might have been just the shame of doing a bad film. If you knew you were doing a bad film, you'd want to keep your face hidden too.

Back