• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Optical Illusions Thread

Maybe that's her name 'Two Belts Stacey' when the Pizza's get cold before serving?
View attachment 75743Once again it's far easier to see when you 'eye' it in much smaller Pizzas!
The last man who questioned Stacey on her decision to always wear two belts lost an eye so we just leave it now Sid.

Reactions: Sid
I've absolutely no idea how this illusion works but .. augmented reality rings designed by the artist Piper ZY. Answers on a postcard please. How is she doing this?.

Very cleverly done, I 'imagine' what the artist is doing is putting on a blank band around the finger, which leaves her with a blank canvas to add the artistic elements to the visual image?

Last edited:
There's the clue in the second video, where the finger is wrapped in 'green screen'.
She's claiming in that second video that she doesn't use green screen though. She could just simply be fibbing of course then come out with some bollocks later about how it was all a 'mixed multi media stunt', that's the only way I can imagine she's achieving this effect?. She's got a few videos up on youtube if you search her name. I haven't found any 'missing wrist' or 'missing ankle' videos from her yet and we'd assume she'd be able to do that as well once she's got the technique down on a finger, green screen and CGI or otherwise.

Until I see someone walking around in public pull this off? .. I'm going with that it's just a jazzy effect so far dependant on being viewed on a screen.

Last edited:
She's claiming in that second video that she doesn't use green screen though. She could just simply be fibbing of course then come out with some bollocks later about how it was all a 'mixed multi media stunt', that's the only way I can imagine she's achieving this effect?. She's got a few videos up on youtube if you search her name. I haven't found any 'missing wrist' or 'missing ankle' videos from her yet and we'd assume she'd be able to do that as well once she's got the technique down on a finger, green screen and CGI or otherwise.

Until I see someone walking around in public pull this off? .. I'm going with that it's just a jazzy effect so far dependant on being viewed on a screen.
It's not done with green screen.
She sticks a label with text on her finger where she wants the CGI video elements to go. It could be a QR code or a piece of text on the label. The augmented reality app is then set up to recognise the text and detect angles, then it maps the CGI elements to the label in real-time.
If you saw her IRL, all you'd see is the label on her hand. Whip out your phone and run up an AR app, and you'd see this on your phone.

So, hunk's ring jokes aside .. I'm still going with if I bumped into the artist Piper ZY one day on a street somewhere and she was wearing one of her creations, my own eyes wouldn't be looking at a genuine live looking gap in someone's finger. That would be ****ing amazing if she could do that. It still looks cool anyway but if she could do that live, Blade Runner 2047 style? .. I would 'drop my bacon sandwich' in shock so to speak.

So, hunk's ring jokes aside .. I'm still going with if I bumped into the artist Piper ZY one day on a street somewhere and she was wearing one of her creations, my own eyes wouldn't be looking at a genuine live looking gap in someone's finger. That would be ****ing amazing if she could do that. It still looks cool anyway but if she could do that live, Blade Runner 2047 style? .. I would 'drop my bacon sandwich' in shock so to speak.
It could only be achieved if there is a breakthrough in 3D projection technology, sadly.
Or if a specially-made flexible LED screen could be capable of wrapping around body parts. But if someone invented that, that could become an 'invisibility suit', and the military would not allow it to be used by civilians.

If you watch her rings at about the 3:17-3:27 mark, one tracker doesn't work perfectly as her finger moves, but the image doesn't.

She does a good job of explaining how the images are designed by her and then coded so that the tracker can display the images where she wants them, but that she still has to finesse the images so that they fill the area realistically. As happens in the time frame I mentioned.

It could only be achieved if there is a breakthrough in 3D projection technology, sadly.
Or if a specially-made flexible LED screen could be capable of wrapping around body parts. But if someone invented that, that could become an 'invisibility suit', and the military would not allow it to be used by civilians.
Maybe the military already have that technology? I have read often that what the military say they nw have is what they had 10 years ago.

The videos were curious though.

1713779810291.png

Back