The Optical Illusions Appreciation Thread

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
Curiously enough, I don't think this is a Superior Mirage. There is no distortion near the bottom of the boat, which is what I would expect with a mirage. The photographer, David Morris, seems to have a better idea of what caused this- it is a 'false horizon', the result of different colours in the sea itself.
View attachment 36297
I spotted something similar the other day, (not a floating ship), the sea appeared to have two very distinct layers. The bottom layer was light grey and the top was almost like a wall of darker grey. Very odd. I see the sea every day and have never seen anything like it.

kamalktk

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Curiously enough, I don't think this is a Superior Mirage. There is no distortion near the bottom of the boat, which is what I would expect with a mirage. The photographer, David Morris, seems to have a better idea of what caused this- it is a 'false horizon', the result of different colours in the sea itself.
View attachment 36297
experts have enhanced the above image to bring out more detail...
X34-landspeeder.jpg

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Not sure if i should post tjese here, fortean art thread or the photo you need to really look at to understand thread, feel free to move if you like.

I waa looking at some amazing street art and i thought i would share some images here

unnamed.jpg
unnamed (1).jpg
ba3dbb083528fa7ff75f2757403ea5c8.jpg