• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Orville

I like the Orville, I like the humour, I do not want it to become too serious :(
I would never use those holodecks, any one can walk in :O

Yeah, if the jokes go, it's basically Star Trek without the beaming up. Actual Star Trek had more jokes than the "bye, Alara" episode.

Haven't seen much of Lt Yaphit this series - he's the real star of the show
tumblr_inline_pktleyFgcr1wse1mt_540.gif

If you're following this on Amazon in the UK, have a look at your "Video Library" - there's a new episode there (ep4) a few days before it was due. Just been watching it, bit of a crunching gear change between plot and subplot, but I appreciated the "be excellent to one another (even if it's tough)" message.

Yea, i watched it yesterday, i was suprised it was early.

I loved Gordon Malloy trying to train to be a Captain.
I do not ever want this series to lose its humour, ever

The humour definitely marks it out, and it's not as hacky as MacFarlane's Family Guy became, either. Also, more Yul Brynner is no bad thing.

New girl Jessica Szohr is really reminding me of somebody (a celeb), but I'm not sure who. Can anyone help?

That many different pictures of her, I got Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johansson, and believe it or not, on one pic, she reminded me of Jason Mamoa

That many different pictures of her, I got Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johansson, and believe it or not, on one pic, she reminded me of Jason Mamoa

I have a feeling you may be right on Jason Momoa! She could be his sister! Thanks.

Nope, just checked he is an only child

Oh, I'm not so sure, I think a tearful reunion of long lost relatives is on the cards. Pity Cilla Black's no longer around to stage it.

LMFAO yea

In one photo in which she has white hair she reminds me of the dragon woman on GoT

(I know I'm two weeks behind) Well, that was quite sweet, and a proper comedy episode (the one with the human-robot love affair). And we got to see what Isaac looked like, or the actor who plays him. Seth does love his musicals, doesn't he?

I liked it as well, very TNG, I liked last weeks as well

As nobody has said it yet, I will - that was the episode where Isaac Aditoff

:mcoat:

Ooh, a mystery episode! This was one of those serious ones, so the biggest laugh for me was the "tractor beam"/"cupcake" gag, which was so pathetic I really laughed.

Must be one of the three flaws of robotics.

Speaking of which ...

Wait 'til you see the next episode (first part of a two-parter).

I loved epi 8, the best yet, I hate two parters, I hope the second part is not anticlimactic

Ooh, a mystery episode! This was one of those serious ones, so the biggest laugh for me was the "tractor beam"/"cupcake" gag, which was so pathetic I really laughed.

That was a bittersweet episode, it needed that gag!

I loved epi 8, the best yet, I hate two parters, I hope the second part is not anticlimactic

I'll remain silent so as not to spoil anything. I've now seen the second part, and FWIW I didn't find it anticlimactic.

I'll remain silent so as not to spoil anything. I've now seen the second part, and FWIW I didn't find it anticlimactic.

I have part1 recorded and the next episode arrives on Thursday. I was away for 10 days so a lot of catching up to do with assorted programmes.

Thank you, I have a thing for space battles lol
I have part1 recorded and the next episode arrives on Thursday. I was away for 10 days so a lot of catching up to do with assorted programmes.
I get my next one on Saturday looooong wait

I also watch The Orville...but imho it can't decide if it wants to be Star Trek or Galaxy Quest.
At first the heavy handed humor turned me off but I got used to it ,and now it seems like they want to be taken as serious sci-fi.
They need to make up their mind.

I also watch The Orville...but imho it can't decide if it wants to be Star Trek or Galaxy Quest.
At first the heavy handed humor turned me off but I got used to it ,and now it seems like they want to be taken as serious sci-fi.
They need to make up their mind.

There's been a deliberate course correction based on feedback from the inaugural half-season (see post #27).

Back