• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
"Gillen" or "Jizz-lane" Maxwell (take yer pick) states she never saw “inappropriate underage activities” by Jeffrey Epstein:
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020...ocuments-ghislaine-maxwell-wanted-kept-secret
That's like someone saying "I took the victim in to the room, closed the door, and walked away. I didn't actually see what happened to the victim, so I'm innocent." Yeah. An adult, supposedly intelligent being didn't question, didn't even consider what happened.

Just to remind everyone:

a) Epstein is dead, and can never be tried over any allegations.

b) He had one, 12-year old, conviction for using a 14-year old prostitute, for which he served 12 months in custody.

c) The case against him was dismissed on 29.8.20

d) To reuse a quote l posted on the Jimmy Savile thread, “The plural of allegation is not data.

maximus otter
Riposte:
a) True. Very true. But Maxwell might be considered an accomplice and is (at the moment) very alive.
b) There is legal question concerning this particular conviction. There is a lot of evidence of corruption - thanks to his high profile chums - that calls into question the variance between the initial trial - involving underage girls - and the use of a prostitute. In short, the child he abused was considered to be a prostitute so - by the logic of the court - he used her as a prostitute "that was underage" rather than having sex with a minor. Great room for plea deal, eh?
c) "Judge Richard Berman, who was overseeing the case, signed what's known as a "nolle prosequi," or a notice that the court will no longer pursue the charges, citing Epstein's death. " (Source from CNN, 29.08.2019)."
This doesn't mean the guy was found innocent or guilty but since he was dead, there was no reason to continue the prosecution. Far, very far from being found innocent.
d) The plural of allegation is data. Data is data; it's the interpretation of this which may uncover fact. This is how signature/serial killers are discovered. While allegation is not fact, it indicates a tendency and/or pattern of behaviour which can be taken into account. Data is fact, data affects the examination of other data. In effect, if lots of people assert Person A did Action Z then while the assertion is not evidence, it calls for an examination of evidence that Person A did Action Z.
Allegation is not evidence - which is what I think you mean to express. But it is an indicator. Maxwell's current trial concerns actual factual evidence (and rightly so) so her struggle to hide her previous dispositions in court are ... ah ... suggestive (indicative but not factual) of her trying to divorce any connection with the now closed Epstein case. She's being tried not for Epstein's crimes but for her own complicit involvement.

I had to guffaw a bit when she was questioned about the salary paid to her by Epstein. Maxwell thought it was $500k, and she would have remembered if it had been a $1m :cool:. Amazing dosh for hiring cooks chauffeurs and the like which she maintains all she did. One also wonders why she needed so many "loans" from Epstein on that wage. Going to be a touch difficult to untangle with so many bank accounts in assumed names, spread all over the world.

I had to guffaw a bit when she was questioned about the salary paid to her by Epstein. Maxwell thought it was $500k, and she would have remembered if it had been a $1m :cool:. Amazing dosh for hiring cooks chauffeurs and the like which she maintains all she did. One also wonders why she needed so many "loans" from Epstein on that wage. Going to be a touch difficult to untangle with so many bank accounts in assumed names, spread all over the world.
That is one question: If you are paid $500k, you'd certainly remember being paid double that. Forget what you are paid to do. Taking 'advances' on her wages might be acceptable but, during the days, when the couple were under public scrutiny, there must've been questions about what role she played. Let us not forget that she is a wealthy young woman from a wealthy family.
We are being asked to believe that a daughter of a multimillionaire was 'employed' for $500k per annum to be a secretary. I'd ask, personally and if in a position of authority, whether contemporaries saw Ghislaine behaving as a aide-de-camp, or the rich girlfriend that was seen in public. Was she a secretary or a girlfriend?
Seems to me that when the shit went down, a lot of people breathed a sigh of relief that their dirty secrets went away ... then they realised that Epstein - a cheerful dishonest bastard - might have left a lot of evidence. They do not know. Ghislaine, once happy to be his girlfriend has suddenly become his paid secretary. Ghislaine is apparently an untrustworthy maniac for money and she's doing her best to pretend she isn't.

That is one question: If you are paid $500k, you'd certainly remember being paid double that. Forget what you are paid to do. Taking 'advances' on her wages might be acceptable but, during the days, when the couple were under public scrutiny, there must've been questions about what role she played. Let us not forget that she is a wealthy young woman from a wealthy family.
We are being asked to believe that a daughter of a multimillionaire was 'employed' for $500k per annum to be a secretary. I'd ask, personally and if in a position of authority, whether contemporaries saw Ghislaine behaving as a aide-de-camp, or the rich girlfriend that was seen in public. Was she a secretary or a girlfriend?
Seems to me that when the shit went down, a lot of people breathed a sigh of relief that their dirty secrets went away ... then they realised that Epstein - a cheerful dishonest bastard - might have left a lot of evidence. They do not know. Ghislaine, once happy to be his girlfriend has suddenly become his paid secretary. Ghislaine is apparently an untrustworthy maniac for money and she's doing her best to pretend she isn't.
They lead the lives of millionaires but when Robert Maxwell died it was found he had stolen nearly £500 million from his companies. All Maxwell corp went under in 1992 and one of his children was declared bankrupt. Obviously there would have been money hidden that was never recovered and were available to all the children but one of the reasons Ghislaine went with Epstein was probably that this would help her find the lifestyle she had become used to.
Edited to change 500 billion to 500 million!

Last edited:
If you can handle it, then here's a very long and juicy Epstein Twitter thread:

This book was written by Attorney General Barr's dad, 1973. I can't make this stuff up.

A "tale of a space diplomat, sold into Slavery, who is sexually excited by fear..." https://t.co/UmL61wjDAf

"Epstein shares a special connection with one of the most prominent figures at Harvard—University President Lawrence H. Summers." https://t.co/hgOgfQclg6

We all want someone to stare at us the way Jeff Epstein and Larry Summers stared at each other. https://t.co/A0TtjAYN63

Bill Barr was instrumental in helping the CIA keep "secret the details of its torture and black site programs during the George W. Bush administration."

Maybe also keep agency sexual blackmail operations secret? Is it that much of a stretch? Too tin-foily? https://t.co/qDkvKsBWZS

Etc.

At the most successful period of my life I had some glimpses of that super-upper-class. I'm very glad I never became part of it. To get there requires more boot-licking and hypocrisy that I would ever have stomached. But at least part of my fall from Grace, as it were, was telling the truth to certain people who didn't want to hear it. At least I got out without being framed, which was the way a person in another very senior position who suffered the same problem - telling the truth to people who didn't want to hear it - was got out of the way.

I'd rather be broke and have a reasonably clear conscience.
something that made me feel a little bit better about the way I crashed and burnt at university was finding out how a contemporary, who even then was marked as a high-flyer, managed to eff it up for themselves after graduating and landing a dream job. I'm not gloating, I'm really not, and I still take the point of view that everybody should have a second chance if it goes wrong, even if it's your own stupid fault. Anyway.... my uni contemporary landed a dream job at the BBC. After a while they left to start a PR/marketing consultancy. They were married to a BBC journalist. The BBC spouse worked on a BBC current affairs show and if they needed to do an interview or a feature with a business, or an individual, they'd go to somebody on their ex-BBC spouse's PR client list. The ex-BBC spouse in PR would then boast that if you become my client and pay my reasonable facilitation fees, I can get you national exposure and favourable publicity on the BBC.

Well, this worked until the BBC found out, or was tipped off. The PR company went bust as its client list decided it did not want to pay hand-over-fist for bad publicity of this sort. The now-not-directly-employed-by-the BBC spouse - well, is still working in broadcasting, but, only just. (noted recently that this person sees nothing incongruous in advertising that he gives lessons to arms dealers in how they can get good PR and present themselves well in news interviews...)

I found myself thinking.... (apart from "however effed-up my life was, it never got as far as extremely unsympathetic full-page news articles in the national papers, which basically said to the world and to people in the same profession as me, that my personal and professional ethics are non-existent"). Just how entitled, or arrogant, or greedy, or blind, do you need to be to think you'll get away with that sort of thing, and that you will not be penalised for it?

On the culpability scale as a misdemeanour, this is way below Maxwell/Epstein levels, but still somewhat corrupt - the PR firm using a BBC association to generate business for itself, and a BBC journalist/presenter actively abusing their position, and the BBC's reputation, for personal gain. The sense of all-else-obscuring entitlement, perhaps - two people already from well-off backgrounds, products of expensive private education, at university in the Thatcherist 1980's, maybe brought up in an environment where it's understood if you cut the odd corner or fudge things a bit, that's how it's done, if you want to be successful.

Does this sort of "they'll never find out" or "I'm already successful, I'm from a good background, the rules do not apply to me" or "I deserve this. I am entitled" attitude get stronger and deeper the further up (or down) you go, where bigger stakes are involved, you get more distanced from ordinary life as lived by the majority, and the possibilities for chicanery get so much bigger?

Last edited:
doexs this sort of "they'll never find out" or "I'm already succesful, I'm from a good background, the rules do not apply to me" or "I deserve this. I am entitled" attitude get stronger and deeper the further up (or down0 you go, where bigger stakes are involved, you get more distanced from ordinary life as lvied by the majority, and the possibilities for chicanery get so much bigger?
I'd say emphatically yes, although of course there is a spectrum. At the less unpleasant end of that class there there are people who are basically honest but simply don't realise their good fortune or how far their lives are remote from the ordinary person who is a month or two's unemployment away from ruin. I'm still in contact with a couple of them.

At the other extreme - well, I won't go there because I will become very rude and I will be naming people who y'all may know.

Last edited:
At the other extreme - well, I won't go there because I will become very rude and I will be naming people who y'all may know.
Same here, pretty much. I felt I had to be mindful of how I described that situation and to be careful of what I wrote, although The Guardian was pretty unsympathetic in its coverage (Media Guardian supplement, as was, a kind of house-mag for media people - if that paper as good as says you sold your professional ethics for a brown envelope full of used notes then, well, that's your professional credibility blown.) Not exactly secret if their embarrasment made the papers... even so, was scrupulous in not naming names. No doubt there will be people here who are "in the know" who could name the two people involved from the description of the event, but still felt it wasn't "right" to add names or a link to the news articles. it's just there as a "for instance".

Last edited:
ll Maxwell corp went under in 1992 and one of his children was declared bankrupt.
That's true, but there's a special grade of millionaire bankruptcy most often seen in the case of reality 'stars'. Whereas if you or I are declared penniless we lose our houses, cars etc, these people miraculously seem to keep theirs and are often pictured recovering from the trauma of court proceedings with a bijou jaunt to Antigua.

That's true, but there's a special grade of millionaire bankruptcy most often seen in the case of reality 'stars'. Whereas if you or I are declared penniless we lose our houses, cars etc, these people miraculously seem to keep theirs and are often pictured recovering from the trauma of court proceedings with a bijou jaunt to Antigua.
Indeed. As an example of this, Katie Price was declared bankrupt recently, yet she has mysteriously been able to afford more cosmetic surgery and a holiday.

Where to put this ... let's do here ... look out, it's from ZeroHedge ... take with bags of salt:

Jeffrey Epstein's Cellmate Found Dead Following Bout With COVID-19
The last man to share a cell with deceased pedophile Jeffrey Epstein is dead, following a bout with COVID-19.

51-year-old Efrain Reyes was one of the unlucky < 0.4% in his age group to succumb to the virus, and was found "unresponsive lying on a bed" on November 27 in his mother's Bronx apartment, according to the Daily Caller, who was told by NYPD spokesman Sgt. Edward Riley that "EMS responded and performed CPR on the individual but the aided was later pronounced deceased."

Reyes, who pleaded guilty to narcotics conspiracy involving both crack and heroin, was reportedly at higher risk from the virus due to a combination of heart problems and diabetes.

The New York Daily news also ran the story about Reyes's death.

Coronavirus vaccine part of a plan to infect us all with Jeffrey Epstein’s DNA:

To sum it all up, there is a serious possibility that we may be dealing with a ramified network of business opportunists, tunnel-vision scientists, IT nerds, Beltway bandits, greedy financiers, corporate drones, media yes men, debauched sexual predators, human traffickers, ransomists, hijackers and a wide range of ordinary people or useful idiots, all puppeteered by a hidden transhumanist cabal who know very well what the end game is. This could indeed be a private network hacking nation states and, more importantly, biohacking humanity’s genetic code and maybe, just maybe, they use not only nanotechnology, but also Jeffrey’s (and God knows who else’s) DNA. I think that to dismiss this hypothesis flat out could be very, VERY naive.

https://diplomatmagazine.eu/2020/06...ng-humans-with-dna-nanotechnology-iot-and-5g/

Coronavirus vaccine part of a plan to infect us all with Jeffrey Epstein’s DNA:

https://diplomatmagazine.eu/2020/06...ng-humans-with-dna-nanotechnology-iot-and-5g/
Used to be if you wanted to write a lousy sci fi book you had to actually sit down and write it and make it coherent enough for a publisher to at least read the first chapter and you had to have talent to get it published. Now all the wannabees can just put a hundred words on fb. This is a failing of our society.

All I can see is a stream-of-consciousness ramble including trigger words like 'traffickers', 'transhumanist cabal' etc. etc.
I wouldn't mind a coherent argument but they get so ... intense that they sound nonsensical regardless of their argument.

Epstein's Manhattan mansion sold for $51 million

To an unnamed buyer. This is the house gifted to him by Leslie Wexner.

Proceeds going to the Victims’ Compensation Program.

The fund has received more than 150 applications since beginning operations last June and has paid out $55m in compensation for an undisclosed number of victims.

The $51m sale of the Manhattan mansion earlier this week is already being transferred to the compensation program so it can “resume issuing new claims determinations”, per an email from one of the estate’s lawyers, Daniel Weiner.

Jeffrey Epstein prison guards spared jail time in deal with US prosecutors

Pair accused of sleeping and browsing the internet instead of monitoring Epstein on night he died admitted falsifying records

The prison workers, Tova Noel and Michael Thomas, were accused of sleeping and browsing the internet instead of monitoring Epstein the night he killed himself in August 2019.

They were charged with lying on prison records to make it seem as though they had made required checks on the financier before he was found in his cell.

The two have “admitted that they ‘willfully and knowingly completed materially false count and round slips regarding required counts and rounds’” in the housing unit where Epstein was being held, the letter says.

Pair accused of sleeping and browsing the internet instead of monitoring Epstein on night he died admitted falsifying records
I seem to remember the notion that prosecutors offered defendants deals in order to catch the bigger fish. This "deal" seems awfully one-sided, just in the way it's described.
Noel and Thomas would instead be subjected to supervised release, would be required to complete 100 hours of community service and would be required to fully cooperate with an ongoing probe by the Justice Department’s inspector general, it says.
That bit about cooperating "with an ongoing probe" sounds almost like an after-thought. Does anyone think this agreement is going to have some teeth in it? I doubt it, but I'm willing to be convinced if you have a different opinion.

I seem to remember the notion that prosecutors offered defendants deals in order to catch the bigger fish. This "deal" seems awfully one-sided, just in the way it's described.

That bit about cooperating "with an ongoing probe" sounds almost like an after-thought. Does anyone think this agreement is going to have some teeth in it? I doubt it, but I'm willing to be convinced if you have a different opinion.
Call me suspicious but I wonder if an arrangement with the guards was made. Remember the cctv cameras aimed at his cell were also out of action that night..

Call me suspicious but I wonder if an arrangement with the guards was made. Remember the cctv cameras aimed at his cell were also out of action that night..
I'm a conspiracy sceptic (never underestimate organizational and human stupidity) but you could make a great story from this:
"We'll make a deal with you, you testify about being incompetent, you get a slap on the wrist and here is a big bag of money in advance. And more afterward if you keep your mouth shut ..."

It appears to be simple neglect of duty. This doesn't surprise me, having worked in lock-ups and psychiatric units.

I have seen night shift workers do the same sort of thing.
Me, I'd stay awake and do the rounds and observations as required and could stand by my signature in the record if necessary.

You wouldn't miss out such an important client though. Not unless you were being threatened and/or handsomely paid.

Rather they want it to appear to be neglect of duty. Along with the other factors, it doesn't seem that way.

Rather they want it to appear to be neglect of duty. Along with the other factors, it doesn't seem that way.
The prison workers are called Tova Noel and Michael Thomas.

Noel and Thomas would instead be subjected to supervised release, would be required to complete 100 hours of community service and would be required to fully cooperate with an ongoing probe by the Justice Department’s inspector general, it says.

'100 hours of community service'. That's unpaid work somewhere in the city or round about.

A cynical person might feel that this will make them easier to pick off if they are likely to blab.

Back