• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I think The Don still likes her so all is not lost.
Trump had to be talked out of pardoning her as he was leaving office, asking what she'd said about him and whether she'd 'roll' (inform) on anyone.
He doesn't care. :chuckle:

Trying hard to stay away from the coverage because I don't want to waste it by reading it all at once. :wink2:

This is fun though -

Long story short, HRH is being sued in New York and if he doesn't turn up to defend himself he loses by default.

Trying hard to stay away from the coverage because I don't want to waste it by reading it all at once. :wink2:

This is fun though -

Long story short, HRH is being sued in New York and if he doesn't turn up to defend himself he loses by default.
Presumably though, if he doesn’t go to the US to defend himself or ever again, there’s nothing else they can do. It’s not as if we're going to extradite him.

He’ll just stay in the position he’s now in - no royal career, blackened name etc. That’s got to be his best option..

Presumably though, if he doesn’t go to the US to defend himself or ever again, there’s nothing else they can do. It’s not as if we're going to extradite him.

He’ll just stay in the position he’s now in - no royal career, blackened name etc. That’s got to be his best option..
Yup, he's sort of in limbo. He'll be found against in court and ordered to pay a settlement which won't be forthcoming because he has no intention of setting foot in America again. That will have to do!

I'd like to see him come over all too honourable again and turn up in court to tell more lies. There'd be some lovely sweating then.
:chuckle:

Cressida Dick, Commissioner of the Met, (London police) is quoted in the video as saying the police will co-operate fully within the law.
This was taken as a hint that HRH can't be arrested because he is a prince. That's not the case as it applies only the monarch and Dick knows that.

I'd like to see him come over all too honourable again and turn up in court to tell more lies. There'd be some lovely sweating then.
That would be a chance for him to put his foot in it. The establishment won't let that happen, at least not without close guidance.
He'll never be extradited to America.

That would be a chance for him to put his foot in it. The establishment won't let that happen, at least not without close guidance.
He'll never be extradited to America.
The current case against him is civil rather than criminal so there's no chance of extradition for it anyway.
If Maxwell ever comes to trial he might be called as a witness but again, he won't go willingly.

The current case against him is civil rather than criminal so there's no chance of extradition for it anyway.
If Maxwell ever comes to trial he might be called as a witness but again, he won't go willingly.
The net effect will be an inconclusive verdict, but the Queen will probably tell him to retire into obscurity (he is almost at that point anyway).

The net effect will be an inconclusive verdict, but the Queen will probably tell him to retire into obscurity (he is almost at that point anyway).
No, ignoring it won't get him off the hook. The case won't go away.
If he doesn't turn up to answer the case in court he loses by default and will be liable for damages and court costs.
He won't have to pay because he can't be made to from a foreign country but he will have lost the case and owe the money anyway.
This will be a huge humiliation for the royal family.

:cool:

Yup, he's sort of in limbo. He'll be found against in court and ordered to pay a settlement which won't be forthcoming because he has no intention of setting foot in America again. That will have to do!

Cressida Dick, Commissioner of the Met, (London police) is quoted in the video as saying the police will co-operate fully within the law.
This was taken as a hint that HRH can't be arrested because he is a prince. That's not the case as it applies only the monarch and Dick knows that.
Yeah, I think he’s going to remain in that limbo from now on. They’re never going to arrest him are they..

He would be disastrous if he was ever questioned officially in court & he knows it. His claim of not being able to sweat could perhaps be medically tested & found [probably] to be a lie. He has ‘no recollection of ever meeting Virginia Guiffre’ yet there he is, grinning with his arm around her in the photo. His memory not too reliable apparently.

And if there’s now another witness to the Tramps sweaty dancing incident, even more reason to keep your head down, say nothing, admit nothing, bluff it out. I don’t think there’s any other option for him & no real payback worse than his current situation.

I’d be amazed if he admitted anything now or submitted himself to court.

Yeah, I think he’s going to remain in that limbo from now on. They’re never going to arrest him are they..

He would be disastrous if he was ever questioned officially in court & he knows it. His claim of not being able to sweat could perhaps be medically tested & found [probably] to be a lie. He has ‘no recollection of ever meeting Virginia Guiffre’ yet there he is, grinning with his arm around her in the photo. His memory not too reliable apparently.

And if there’s now another witness to the Tramps sweaty dancing incident, even more reason to keep your head down, say nothing, admit nothing, bluff it out. I don’t think there’s any other option for him & no real payback worse than his current situation.

I’d be amazed if he admitted anything now or submitted himself to court.
I think Liz might organise a little accident if it looked like anything was going to happen to bring worse shame on the House of Windsor, those shooting parties can be dangerous places, maybe a holiday to Midsomer is in order :p

Regarding the prince and the court case against him. Wouldn't they need to serve him a summons, in person, before they can say he has lost by simply not showing up?

We'll see.

I doubt things will go much further. Even if the case is heard without him and he loses by default he won't have to pay up.
Guiffre will have to be content with that.

It wouldn't be an empty victory though, as the world will have seen Andrew continuing to wriggle and squirm his way out of having to call her a liar in person. Speaks volumes.

We'll see.

I doubt things will go much further. Even if the case is heard without him and he loses by default he won't have to pay up.
Guiffre will have to be content with that.

It wouldn't be an empty victory though, as the world will have seen Andrew continuing to wriggle and squirm his way out of having to call her a liar in person. Speaks volumes.
And I'm presuming he will never be able to travel to the USA again. However you look at it, he hasn't come out of this with any credit.

And I'm presuming he will never be able to travel to the USA again. However you look at it, he hasn't come out of this with any credit.
I would say he was in danger of being arrested on an international arrest warrant if he set foot anywhere outside of the UK.

I know the two cases aren't connected, but every time I read about prince Andrew and this law suit, I can't help but think about Anne Saccoolis . She killed that poor kid, then pissed off back to the US, screaming diplomatic immunity . Do the Yanks really think we'd give up a Prince of the realm just to appease some greedy little tart and her grasping lawyers? He should just tell 'em to piss off.

Funny old business this obsession the UK has with royalty and what they can or cannot do. I wouldn't have thought that there has been a single generation of royals over a millenium who haven't been embroiled in some scandal or other. In the past these "indiscretions" have largely been covered up , not possible now though, and perhaps a very good thing indeed. With the possible exception of Elizabeth, most Royals seem to have totally lacked the perception of realising the consequences of their actions. Says it all really that they get caught up in this stuff.

I know the two cases aren't connected, but every time I read about prince Andrew and this law suit, I can't help but think about Anne Saccoolis . She killed that poor kid, then pissed off back to the US, screaming diplomatic immunity . Do the Yanks really think we'd give up a Prince of the realm just to appease some greedy little tart and her grasping lawyers? He should just tell 'em to piss off.
Diplomatic immunity, it's just been revoked.

greedy little tart and her grasping lawyers
Guiffre was a teenager who had been trafficked for sex. When Ghislaine Maxwell publicly called Guiffre something like a greedy little tart and a liar Guiffre sued Maxwell in 2015 for defamation.

Maxwell couldn't risk standing up in court to defend callling Guiffre names after having entrapped and assaulted her. She settled ahead of the case for an undisclosed sum in 2017.

Maxwell had to eat her words and pay up.

I wasn't quoting Maxwell, didn't know she'd used that term, those were my words. As for trafficking, we've all seen the photos of her with Andrew, happily smiling and probably thinking there was a good pay day in it for her . The time period too, in which she's just decided after all this time to make a play for a few quid fills me with mistrust in her motives.

I wasn't quoting Maxwell, didn't know she'd used that term, those were my words. As for trafficking, we've all seen the photos of her with Andrew, happily smiling and probably thinking there was a good pay day in it for her . The time period too, in which she's just decided after all this time to make a play for a few quid fills me with mistrust in her motives.
You weren't quoting Maxwell, you were slurring Guiffre in your very own words. Guiffre has been speaking out against Maxwell and Epstein for years and has already, as I mentioned, made Maxwell eat her words.

The photo of Guiffre with HRH shows her smiling because that was expected of her as a trafficked sex object. Getting the photo was a clever move. She couldn't have managed that without looking compliant.

Guiffre escaped the Maxwell/Epstein situation by appearing obedient enough to get sent abroad on a massage course and then ringing them to say she wasn't coming back. They still harassed her for years afterwards.

You believe that if a woman is paid for sex she is a. immoral and b. completely recompensed even if she was not willing.

This is how Epstein originally wriggled out of serious charges of having coercive sex with minors; he managed to have the matter downgraded to prostitution, putting the shame on the victims.

The days when young women were too ashamed of being used by unscrupulous adults to speak out might be over.

I think the timing is down to the statute of limitations in the US.

You weren't quoting Maxwell, you were slurring Guiffre in your very own words. Guiffre has been speaking out against Maxwell and Epstein for years and has already, as I mentioned, made Maxwell eat her words.

The photo of Guiffre with HRH shows her smiling because that was expected of her as a trafficked sex object. Getting the photo was a clever move. She couldn't have managed that without looking compliant.

Guiffre escaped the Maxwell/Epstein situation by appearing obedient enough to get sent abroad on a massage course and then ringing them to say she wasn't coming back. They still harassed her for years afterwards.

You believe that if a woman is paid for sex she is a. immoral and b. completely recompensed even if she was not willing.

This is how Epstein originally wriggled out of serious charges of having coercive sex with minors; he managed to have the matter downgraded to prostitution, putting the shame on the victims.

The days when young women were too ashamed of being used by unscrupulous adults to speak out might be over.
Thank you. Blaming the victim is as old as it is despicable.

Last edited:
The time period too, in which she's just decided after all this time to make a play for a few quid fills me with mistrust in her motives.
A skilled abuser can easily silence children and teenagers.

Many adults of both sexes don't grasp the enormity of childhood abuse against them until they are old enough to have children of their own, or are at least themselves adults.

They then understand how vulnerable they had been.

The British actor and comedian Alan Davies describes this process in his autobiography which was incidentally recently mentioned on this very messageboard in that exact context.

Davies' own father abused him and kept him compliant by telling others Davies Jnr was a liar and fantasist so nobody would believe him.*

Some of Michael Jackson's victims defended him in court and only disclosed the abuse after Jackson's death; not because he couldn't then answer back, but because by then they were grown men with an adult perspective.

This is very common with victims of abuse. Admitting it to oneself is a big step and risking humiliation by taking it further is another.
I am full of admiration for people who can do this.

*I used to dislike Davies because I found his diffident manner and slight lisp false. He seemed to be putting on a front for some reason.
I can see now what it was and have changed my opinion of him. He is a good father.

Last edited:
Sadly i think that might be optimistic. Depending on status, race, location etc.

It's still a mess. Probably better discussed on a more general thread, of which we have a couple.

Back