The Party At The End Of The Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

GingerTabby

Carbon-based life form
I won't have the opportunity to visit the board again before sign off, so this will be my final post on this incarnation of FTMB. Let's hope the transition to our new home will be a smooth one. If we encounter any rough sailing you'll find me cowering in the back of the lifeboat with my tail tucked between my legs. To borrow a line from my favourite Welsh hymn, "Land me [and all of us] safe on Canaan's side."

Once again, my profound thanks to the moderators and all those who have made this move possible. And thanks to all of you for making this corner of cyberspace the wonderful place that it has been and will continue to be.

Will the last person to leave please turn off the lights in the Troll's Head and lock the door? I'll let Leonard Cohen see us out:

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Bigfoot is still hoping to make it to the party, though she is making a detour via Rennes-le-Château, where a collapsed cave has uncovered the lost treasures of Jerusalem, the bones of Amelia Earhart and a few bags of lapis philosophorum. Exciting times!

Her ETA is 15.59 pm tomorrow, though she's having her hair done, so heaven knows . . .

Fingers crossed, eh! :clap:

Last edited:

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
WARNING: Safety Alert

In the event you party too heartily and wake up inside the Troll's Head after the current forum shutdown, you'll be stranded in the Head until the new forum is up and running.

You'll still be inside the Troll's Head, but the Troll's Head will be 'nowhere' during the interregnum ...

Phrased another way ... The Head will be intact, but it will be without location within any space until it and the other figments of our collective imagination are re-booted as a whole.

void-environs.jpg
This image was retrieved from a Troll's Head server bot's eye-camera, time-stamped so as to indicate it was captured during the transfer of the test database on October 23.
We strongly recommend you stay put and wait until the world surrounding the Troll's Head is resurrected. If you attempt to exit you'll be moving into abject nothingness - subjecting yourself to a minimum of temporary limbo and a maximum of permanent non-existence.

The emergency generators in the basement are being left fully fueled, so you should have power and lights. They should automatically kick in if there is no external power feed and any of the security system motion sensors detect movement.

The food lockers, refrigerators, and freezers in the kitchen will be left unlocked. Additional bottles for the water cooler can be found in the kitchen storage area. Whatever snacks and booze the last revelers haven't stolen are yours for the taking.

If others are marooned with you, feel free to debate where the **** you are and what the **** is happening.

Be aware, however, that the pub security system has been programmed to sound its klaxons at maximum intensity each and every time the audio sensors detect the phrase 'quantum entanglement', so make the effort to come up with something more creative to explain your situation.

The office section and basement will be locked down, and the elevators to the upper floors will be disabled during the transition.

The pub-level reading room will remain accessible, as will the toilets, the billiards parlor, and the kitchen areas.

We cannot predict, nor will we accept any responsibility for, temporal effects making it seem as if you've been trapped in the Head for years.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
I guess I should put on my tartiest outfit and head over to the Troll's Head, then. Being unmoored in space and time might be better even than beer goggles.
No warranties, express or implied ... All standard, known, and conceivable disclaimers apply ... :omr:

Please make a point to take pictures! :sshot:

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Couldn't resist popping back in to check - I'm paranoid like that. I have every confidence in the team! Sort of. I like Enola's idea of using psychic powers to ensure safe passage. At 4pm today I'll pause and reflect. Maybe we should get Uri on the case?

escargot

Beloved of Ra
So we're all being scraped off at 4pm? The email explains it all, right? If all else fails I'll pester a mod on Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.