The Pentagon Finally Admits It Investigates UFOs

feinman

Abominable Snowman
I said a few things in that post. What part do you agree with?
All of it! I too have been trying to get the word out, and have posted on other forums and made presentations at community centers, etc. I know how you feel. I don't think we are ready for full contact --this is as much as we can handle, and it is actually quite a bit as you know.

feinman

Abominable Snowman
There are a lot of people who will have to have an ironclad experience themselves, to be convinced, or something they can test in the lab that is exotic enough. That's the tiresome part of spreading the word, I also have essentially given up talking to folks about it --if they are interested, I'll show them where to look, but that;s about it, for the most part. Besides, most people don't even want to know --it is too strange and paradigm upsetting for them.

feinman

Abominable Snowman
Fair enough. Your prerogative.
There are a lot of people past and present who regret telling others about their experiences -for various reasons. The experiences can be terrifying and traumatic or overwhelmingly awe-inspiring. When you read the accounts, you might think "Hey! That would be no big deal to experience one of those things!" --But the reality is very different; seeing something not from here is extremely affecting and would be intolerable at close quarters for most people. It is high strangeness on every level. And the sense of being watched or observed or isolated by the devices and having them reveal themselves to you --it is hard to deal with.

INT21

Antediluvian
Feinman,

Agreed, and as I said, it is his choice.

However most people who have had a bad experience would not mention having had one on a public forum if they did not wish people to at least show an interest in it/them.

'Those who have a secret to keep usually keep it a secret that they have a secret to keep'.

feinman

Abominable Snowman
It's strange; I felt compelled to dig through the articles and interview people who had also had experiences, but at other times I cannot bring myself to think about it. I should give a synopsis of what I think is going on with UFOs.. I'll do that soon.

michael59

Look up. Change your world perspective.
Feinman,

Agreed, and as I said, it is his choice.

However most people who have had a bad experience would not mention having had one on a public forum if they did not wish people to at least show an interest in it/them.

'Those who have a secret to keep usually keep it a secret that they have a secret to keep'.

What am I being secretive about? I was responding to other posts that seemed to find it easier to accept everything but what a whole village of people were saying. Even the fact that governments are/have been taking notice to the point of releasing footage and speaking out about it.

Why is it easier to accept that thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people across the globe are mistaking balloons, or smudges on a lens, or faulty radar equipment, or sunlight, or Chinese lanterns for space craft, than it is to listen and take note that something must be going on and has been going on for centuries?

INT21

Antediluvian
Michael,

I think you are seeing things from a different perspective, at least to my own.

If I had seen something unusual (which I have), and posted about it (which I did) I would expect others to ask questions. This is how it generally works.

I agree that many thousands of people have reported seeing things that do not fit into the identifiable categories.

And I am also of the opinion that there does appear to be something going on that we do not understand. I have never said otherwise.

It is a fact though that there are very many people who do mistake lanterns for ufo. Even though lanterns have a few quite distinctive characteristics.

The thing that always has to be born in mind is that if, and it is a big if, there are actual ET types or some other as yet unknown phenomena that we don't know about, then any government that does find out about it will definitely not let anyone know.

Would You ? If so, can you explain your reasoning for doing so,

In this day of computer graphics etc, it is almost impossible to be sure that any pictures released by anyone are actually real.

eburacum

Papo-furado
Well, these objects will remain UAP until they are identified positively, which probably will never happen. That doesn't rule out conventional but unidentified aircraft.

Secondly this reinforces the observation that Elizondo used false pretences to gain their release; not that this really matters, since this sort of thing needs to be examined in the public arena, even if the eventual conclusion is that these are conventional craft.

feinman

Abominable Snowman
Secondly this reinforces the observation that Elizondo used false pretences to gain their release; not that this really matters, since this sort of thing needs to be examined in the public arena, even if the eventual conclusion is that these are conventional craft.
I agree.

eburacum

Papo-furado
Taking the last analysis first (since this is the only one that is based on the analysis of data from a recorded sensor) Knuth and his colleagues have assumed that the movement of the Nimitz Tic-Tac at the end of the clip was an actual movement of the unknown object. In fact this occurred when the FLIR sensor was changing magnification, at which point the FLIR sensor lost sensor lock and therefore lost track of the object. Most likely the object did not move sideways at all, as the Navy has suggested elsewhere.

In other words, the analysis of the Nimitz event is bullshit. Since all the other analyses are based on much less concrete data, I suspect they are bullshit too.

feinman

Abominable Snowman
Taking the last analysis first (since this is the only one that is based on the analysis of data from a recorded sensor) Knuth and his colleagues have assumed that the movement of the Nimitz Tic-Tac at the end of the clip was an actual movement of the unknown object. In fact this occurred when the FLIR sensor was changing magnification, at which point the FLIR sensor lost sensor lock and therefore lost track of the object. Most likely the object did not move sideways at all, as the Navy has suggested elsewhere.

In other words, the analysis of the Nimitz event is bullshit. Since all the other analyses are based on much less concrete data, I suspect they are bullshit too.
We'll have to see. The Nimitz encounter is apparently just one encounter analyzed. Not looking good for terrestrial craft theory; the Navy isn't answering Congressman Mark Walker's questions, either..

feinman

Abominable Snowman
'Member, these things were also tracked on radar from the Princeton and elsewhere..:

"According to Kevin Day, the Princeton’s senior radar operator at the time, his screen showed well over 100 AAVs over the course of the week. “Watching them on the display was like watching snow fall from the sky,” he says in his first-ever on-camera interview, for HISTORY’s “Unidentified: Inside America's UFO Investigation.”
According to Day, the AAVs appeared at an altitude greater than 80,000 feet, far higher than commercial or military jets typically fly. Initially, the Princeton’s radar team didn’t believe what they were seeing, chalking up the anomalies to an equipment malfunction. But after they determined that everything was operating as it should and they began detecting instances in which the AAVs dropped with astounding speed to lower, busier airspace, Day approached the Princeton’s commander about taking action.
“I was chomping at the bit,” he says. “I just really wanted to intercept these things.”

https://www.history.com/news/uss-nimitz-2004-tic-tac-ufo-encounter

eburacum

Papo-furado
The traces supposedly seen by Day do not seem to be available for analysis as recorded data, so it is difficult to say exactly what they were. I suspect that if the data were released, the answers might be forthcoming.

feinman

Abominable Snowman
The traces supposedly seen by Day do not seem to be available for analysis as recorded data, so it is difficult to say exactly what they were. I suspect that if the data were released, the answers might be forthcoming.
That data is not being released --even the original videos of the objects have not been released --Fravor saw a different recording of the Tic Tac than what was released, too. I suspect that it's the same reason Walker is being stonewalled.. They are alien --just like the object si the '40s and before; to release the data or answer the questions would be to admit to it.

feinman

Abominable Snowman
You have to ask yourself why the data is never forthcoming --now, and after the Estimate of the Situation was created.