• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What's The Most Convincing UFO Photo / Evidence?

It was a shape that appeared to hold promise. But if it had been useful we would have seen more prototypes by now.

And the Tupolev 144 and Buran) showed that Russia were not too good at radical design. prefering to stick to the tried and tested; to their credit.
The flying Flapjack was an interesting test case because the issue was stabilization. So the question is "useful for what?".... not sure what the answer is.

The TU-144 crashed and burned(literally) decades ago. I'm kinda wondering what they've done this decade.

The TU-144 crashed and burned(literally) decades ago. I'm kinda wondering what they've done this decade.

Stuck to the tried and tested. If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

If it was not fit for purpose then the world would not use it to get into space.

INT21

I'm tired of the "Little Green Men" trope, tripe. :chain: Everyone uses it euphemistically like "UAP" so as not to admit the high strangeness and otherness of these devices. And:

"And there are various theories for what people see when they spot UFOs. It’s no coincidence that descriptions have closely mirrored the evolution of aerial technology itself. Today, when people describe seeing UFOs, they often describe them as looking like drones."
https://the1a.org/segments/little-green-people-unlikely-but-the-navy-says-ufos-are-real/

--Nope. Extremely tired of this nonsense. Been looking the same from the beginning, and shockingly so. Sometimes descriptions are based on cultural and religious context, time period and level of technological development. Just like the RAND document suggests.
I'd suggest some of these writers actually read about UFOs; they are interesting.

Another article I can't see now, is supposed to also be silly:
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/202...y-report-documents-mysterious-encounters.html

Probably same level as intense scientific thought found here:
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/a-word-about-those-ufo-videos/

HARRRUMPH!!
1590167110633.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll post what I have elsewhere:

After a decade of arguing with skeptics in online forums and at presentations about the reality of the UFOs after having my own experience in 2010, I have come to a number of conclusions about our species, what "disclosure" would mean for our societies and civilization, and the intelligence and intent behind the UFO phenomenon.

1. There very likely won't ever be any big announcement or Disclosure or a coming clean by the United States or other superpowers about what it knows about the phenomenon; the government intelligence agencies know that we are not prepared for it. There may be oblique statements or studies but they will never gain traction (see #2). And there is no reason to fess up to what we know when we don't know or trust what other countries know about UFOs. Knowledge is power, and extraordinary knowledge could bestow extraordinary power; no reason to just give that treasure away. Not to mention every country in the world would demand the evidence to be provided as of import to all humans. Not gonna do it..

2. Many people are afraid of the phenomenon and don't want to know about it. I've encountered this over and over again from family and friends; even many people who believe they are real or have even seen them, don't want to focus on them for too long or research them. Many don't even mention it, because they would be worried about the stigma. UFOs are not a normal part of the comfortable, fake belief in human exceptionalism and normalcy we crave and that our reality and major religions are built upon. And then you have all kinds of folks with Hollywood ideas about aliens or are unable to rid themselves of the humanocentric Star Trek idea of what aliens woule be like --including scientists.

3. This is as much contact as we can handle. We wouldn't be able to deal with constant alien contact or interaction with their devices as an inferior species. Many would literally lose their minds. Our civilization would be disrupted and destroyed. If there was disclosure from the government, some would (and do, in the government even) believe that UFOS are a demonic manifestation.. Can't you just hear Pat Robertson?
Others would believe it is a false flag event and wouldn't accept it. Scientists and skeptics wouldn't believe it unless THEY THEMSELVES tested the materials and talked directly with the aliens etc., and that is not going to happen (see #1).

4. Even if good evidence was provided, it wouldn't be accepted; extraordinarily entrenched paradigms
require extraordinary evidence. The kind of evidence skeptics would want may not be available; anecdotal accounts from reliable witnesses, mass sightings, hours of viewing through telescopes, gun sights, theodolites and binoculars, interceptions in the air recorded on multiple sensors and with visuals too... The obvious historicity of the phenomenon are not enough for them. In fact, if the visitors are or ever were to become hostile we would be destroyed before the skeptics even believed they were real; just think of all of the encounters or sightings in the past that could have been the delivery of a weapon --we are completely at the mercy of the phenomenon and any hostile visitors in the future, because folks with entrenched paradigms would not accept that something is going on. Think about how controversial global warming is or the existence of the Coronavirus pandemic.. The Greek Dark age, or the intelligence of animals.

This is why I have given up on skeptics and most scientists...
The way to maintain contact with a much more primitive species is to initiate a program of contact that doesn't cause a tipping point or hostile response. The way is to insert yourselves slowly into the peripheral vision of the species over time, while demonstrating to the militaries of that species that they are powerless and in the presence of something far more advanced. Eventually over half of the population will know yon are real and some individuals will have had profound knowledge or experiences that will gradually lead to an understanding of the situation. It is how all contact should be done, and very similar to how we interact with animals species or isolated tribes with little contact with the rest of the world. This way a big Independence Day style, disaster is avoided with the apes that can't get along with each other because of the colors of their skins and crazy belief systems --the ones which have destroyed 2/3 of the other animal life on the planet.... Us.

It's not skeptics per se that I object to; it's skeptics who are not open-minded and make blanket unscientific and biased statements.
I am very enthusiastic about the prospect of detecting or making contact with alien life. I am also dedicated to the scientific analysis of such sightings that exist. All the analysis so far seems to point in the direction of an absence of extraterrestrial presence in our system.

1. There very likely won't ever be any big announcement or Disclosure or a coming clean by the United States or other superpowers about what it knows about the phenomenon; the government intelligence agencies know that we are not prepared for it.
I see no reasonable prospect that the various governmental or military powers around the world (many of which are rivals, or deeply antagonistic to one another) would all agree to keep evidence of extraterrestrial presence secret. This does not make any sense.

I see no reasonable prospect that the various governmental or military powers around the world (many of which are rivals, or deeply antagonistic to one another) would all agree to keep evidence of extraterrestrial presence secret. This does not make any sense.
They haven't though; it's mostly the US doing that, and as skeptics have suggested, it's too big to cover up something like that, thus the sieve-like leaks.

I am very enthusiastic about the prospect of detecting or making contact with alien life. I am also dedicated to the scientific analysis of such sightings that exist. All the analysis so far seems to point in the direction of an absence of extraterrestrial presence in our system.
Well hang in there! We need smart cookies like yrself to come around... :)

They haven't though; it's mostly the US doing that, and as skeptics have suggested, it's too big to cover up something like that, thus the sieve-like leaks.
I'm afraid I do not see any good evidence coming from governments elsewhere in the world either. Just more inconclusive sightings. No contact, no material evidence, no DNA or technological relics, no bodies, no fossil or archaeological evidence, no astronomical evidence, no communication with the aliens. Nothing. Just lights in the sky.

While I won't echo eburacum's post above I also think we have yet to get any actual public evidence showing 'extraterrestrial' spaceships or aliens visiting earth. But...based on what I have read over the last 50 years I do believe that some form of 'non human intelliegnce' seems to have interacted with humans on earth for a long time now-centuries perhaps. It doesn't mean it's space aliens- it could be dimensional, alternate reality, metaphysical, or even paranormal , depending on what terminology one wishes to use.
We simply don't know. And what interests me lately is the new models of consciousness and how we relate to reality , what reality is, and why we might not be seeing the true nature of reality in our day to day actions and experiences.

All the analysis so far seems to point in the direction of an absence of extraterrestrial presence in our system.
Perhaps an absence of intelligent, spacefaring extraterrestrial life in our near vicinity - but that does not mean there is no extraterrestrial life.
Perhaps the first actual aliens we encounter will be microbes or small organisms.

It's not skeptics per se that I object to; it's skeptics who are not open-minded and make blanket unscientific and biased statements.
Some years ago, just out of curiosity I suppose, I took my favourite UFO image to a hard-core sceptics forum:

Said image and background to same is on another thread here:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...is-triangular-ufo-sighting.66394/post-1935137

One subscriber's vehement insistence was the witness had seen a microlight.

Despite my reasoned response and conservative language - when what you really want to say is, 'how the feck can this be a microlight, ya eejit' - nope.. that was their explanation and end of the matter. Case solved.

I could out-sceptic most of them, but at least I would cite something along the lines of actual evidence!

So, that was my one and only visitation there.

If your mind's already made up beforehand...

I have on video the recording of an interview with both the late Graham Birdsall and Stanton Friedman - an early morning chat show which featured the upcoming UFO Magazine annual conference - in which questioned on his belief re Roswell, Stanton replies, "I'm a sceptic, I check things out'.

That'll do for myself as well. :)

Some years ago, just out of curiosity I suppose, I took my favourite UFO image to a hard-core sceptics forum:

Said image and background to same is on another thread here:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...is-triangular-ufo-sighting.66394/post-1935137

One subscriber's vehement insistence was the witness had seen a microlight.

Despite my reasoned response and conservative language - when what you really want to say is, 'how the feck can this be a microlight, ya eejit' - nope.. that was their explanation and end of the matter. Case solved.

I could out-sceptic most of them, but at least I would cite something along the lines of actual evidence!

So, that was my one and only visitation there.

If your mind's already made up beforehand...

I have on video the recording of an interview with both the late Graham Birdsall and Stanton Friedman - an early morning chat show which featured the upcoming UFO Magazine annual conference - in which questioned on his belief re Roswell, Stanton replies, "I'm a sceptic, I check things out'.

That'll do for myself as well. :)
Well not to get repetitive again, the idea that these things are Russian or Chinese items is silly, no reason to elaborate (see Chris Mellon). If these were natural phenomena, we and other countries wouldn't be studying them over and over again in secret and referring to them as "aircraft" and trying to weaponize the technologies involved; we would have figured out what they were a long time ago. They are under intelligent control.

I have no doubt that there is life elsewhere in the universe, and probably elsewhere in our own galaxy. There are so many stars, and so many planets, that if life could have evolved on Earth, it must surely have evolved elsewhere.

However, given the distances involved, I consider it unlikely that an alien species would physically visit Earth. We know the commitment required for a round trip to Mars. A round trip of several light years from another star system would be many times more onerous.

Any intelligence that could reach us by quicker means (warp drive, wormholes in space, quantum leaps, or whatever) would have a phenomenal level of technology compared to ours.

If an intelligent alien race travels all the way to Earth from a distant star system, they must surely have one of 4 objectives:
  1. To study us without risk of detection. The obvious thing would be to stay in orbit and observe remotely rather than flitting about shadowing jet fighters and air liners, or landing near quiet stretches of road and startling lone motorists, or probing people's bottoms.
  2. To communicate with our governments without alerting the populace. Again, staying in orbit would be the obvious thing, and using any of several communication methods such as radio.
  3. To establish contact with the wider populace, taking control of the knowledge out of governments' hands, in which case, why not land somewhere busy where there can be no doubt of what was seen by thousands of people? Why has one never landed on a flat stretch of desert just outside a major city?
  4. To exploit our resources — although it is difficult to imagine what we have that they would lack if they have sufficient resources to reach us in the first place — in which case, they would be powerful enough to take it without shillyshalling about being all secretive.
I suspect that if aliens ever did approach Earth, we would either never know, or we'd be left in no doubt.

The question to ask is what would happen if contact by a superior intelligence occurred in any other way than it is now...

I have no doubt that there is life elsewhere in the universe, and probably elsewhere in our own galaxy. There are so many stars, and so many planets, that if life could have evolved on Earth, it must surely have evolved elsewhere.

However, given the distances involved, I consider it unlikely that an alien species would physically visit Earth. We know the commitment required for a round trip to Mars. A round trip of several light years from another star system would be many times more onerous.

Any intelligence that could reach us by quicker means (warp drive, wormholes in space, quantum leaps, or whatever) would have a phenomenal level of technology compared to ours.

If an intelligent alien race travels all the way to Earth from a distant star system, they must surely have one of 4 objectives:
  1. To study us without risk of detection. The obvious thing would be to stay in orbit and observe remotely rather than flitting about shadowing jet fighters and air liners, or landing near quiet stretches of road and startling lone motorists, or probing people's bottoms.
  2. To communicate with our governments without alerting the populace. Again, staying in orbit would be the obvious thing, and using any of several communication methods such as radio.
  3. To establish contact with the wider populace, taking control of the knowledge out of governments' hands, in which case, why not land somewhere busy where there can be no doubt of what was seen by thousands of people? Why has one never landed on a flat stretch of desert just outside a major city?
  4. To exploit our resources — although it is difficult to imagine what we have that they would lack if they have sufficient resources to reach us in the first place — in which case, they would be powerful enough to take it without shillyshalling about being all secretive.
I suspect that if aliens ever did approach Earth, we would either never know, or we'd be left in no doubt.
All of those things would destabilize our civilization and cause a tipping point. Books have been written about the destruction of earthly cultures when they are exposed to more "advanced" civilizations.. The only thing that would work is the strategy and tactics being employed now where half the population now believes in them and through a program of contact including flash and dash (stick around until you are noticed and then take off), military encounters, etc. --and the status quo is maintained, and we are successfully observed.
I didn't come up with it either:
https://www.google.com/search?q=wou...ome..69i57.7901j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Last edited:
Back