• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Power Of Spirits

fayyaad

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hi...

I'm trying to find out if anyone has come to to same conclusions I have about ghosts/spirits. I encounter them a lot here at this end of South Africa, and after collecting some data, I'd like to post them and see if anyone agrees/disagrees with what I think I've found.

1) The first thing I've found is that weird activity tends to happen MOST in a room that dead-ends as "collection" of more roooms...in other words, if a house has strange activity to start with, and there is a room that interleads from another or even two other rooms instead of coming straight off a passage (not including stairs) then the weirdest activity happens in that room. I'm not saying this is ALWAYS the case, just most likely.

2) The activity of a room tends to increase with with a decrease in human traffic to that room. (Not too sure about this one, tho)

3) The more people there are in an active room, the less power the entity has. In other words, a lone person in an active room will be more affected by a presence than a group of people.(although this could be attributed to overactive imaginations, etc...once again, not too sure about this one.)

4) Children are more susceptible to phenomena than adults.

that's all I have for now, but I'm still collecting. If anyone could help me with this, I'd be very grateful.

The Power of spirits ...

1. We had a spirit in our home. He tended to stay in our attic room, although he did like to stand around on the landing at the top of the stairs.

2. Im not sure what you mean by this but our spirits activity increased as we modernised the house.

3. Agree here, our spirit only really 'did' things when there was only one person around.

4. Yup agree here, he materialised only to my 8 year old son.

As a finishing paragraph I would like to say he wasnt a nasty spirit, but became very upset as we change the house. We eventually helped him move over to spirit world with a help of a medium. It wasnt until he actually left us that I realised how much he had been involved in our lives!

:bump:
This is a really old, really short thread. On a whim I checked it out, and found the four observations in the first post interesting and thought provoking, especially #1. Would anyone who has experience with spooky phenomenon like to comment on / add to this? From reading other people's experiences on different threads and foums, and on my own, one, highly uncertain "sighting," I would add that staircases and basements are also prime locations for ghostly (whatever that is) activity.

My mothers experience with the ghost of the little girl in the neighbouring property corresponded with point 1. The house is some 30 meters long and the sighting occurred in the lounge at one end of the house which at the time could only be reached through 2 other rooms.

Point 2 - my mother was alone in the house. However others had seen the little girl when the house was full of people, although not all would see her. Apparently she would stand at the door as guests were let in.

Point 3- the girl disappeared when my mother told her that she was not wanted in the house. (I still maintain that was a pretty awful thing to say to a little girl- dead or not) . One wonders whether she would have done so had others been present.

Point 3- the girl disappeared when my mother told her that she was not wanted in the house. (I still maintain that was a pretty awful thing to say to a little girl- dead or not) . One wonders whether she would have done so had others been present.

That entirely depends on the little girl in question imo. Sugar is a leading cause of debilitating physical illnesses like diabetes and spices are often very toxic. Ghosts tend to feed on the energy of the living. It is preferable to send them to an afterlife rather than casting them to the winds to.

Back