• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Psychics Thread

Nothing is ever free, they will give some vague reading, then say "For a in depth reading, hand over the cash!" - one doesn't have to be psychic to see that coming!

Clairvoyant cancels event due to unforeseen circumstances.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...yant-cancel-mansfield-town-show-a3344976.html

-----------------
“Is there someone called John in the room?” Not tomorrow night at Field Mill there isn’t…

That’s because Mansfield Town have been forced to cancel an event involving clairvoyant Trisha at the ground – due to “unforeseen circumstances”.

Just joined the site (absolutely fascinating) and found this thread so I thought I would share my story. In early 1999 I found myself at a meeting of total strangers. A chap introduced himself and he described himself as a psychic and then proceeded to tell me all sorts of stuff about myself - all true and facts which no one in the room could have known. In particular 2 things stood out - that I had always had a secret dream of learning to fly and that I had just removed a sidecar from a motor cycle (in fact I had done this the previous day and there was no way anyone could have known) Very specific indeed and I have to say I was hooked. He invited me to have a private reading (yes I know!) and in April I visited his home. He was insistent that I write everything down and I did so on a very small notebook size piece of paper. I was with him for no more than 15 minutes. He firstly told me to be aware of momentous events which would occur on 25th November in 5 years time ( which I took to be 25 Nov 2004) He said I would meet someone in early 2000 just as the daffodils were coming out and that I would get married again. He told me to write down 4 initials SBJL which would be important as would the number 47. The first initial represented a surname the second a Christian name the third a middle name and the fourth a town and county. He finally put a black cloth over his crystal ball and stated that there was going to be a death . (the only other info he gave me was the title of a book to read and some lottery numbers) I handed over £20 and berated myself for what I perceived to be rubbish. I certainly had no intention of meeting anyone and there was no way I was ever going to get married again. Took the paper home and lost it - the only thing I could remember was the death. Weirdly in February 2000 (as the daffodils were coming out) I met quite out of the blue a truly amazing woman. Whilst I was unaware at the time her name corresponded to the 3 initials given to me and she lived in the town/county matching to the fourth initial. Amazingly to me she wanted us to get married and we did so in late 2003. I thought my life was finally sorted out after a few grim years. Not to be - she died unexpectedly in my arms on 25th November 2004 age 47. It was not until 3 months after her death that I found the piece of paper and quite frankly I could not believe what was written on it. I am unable to understand what happened- coincidence or is this guy actually able to tell the future. I am still looking or the answer. Sorry for long post.

Just joined the site (absolutely fascinating) and found this thread so I thought I would share my story. In early 1999 I found myself at a meeting of total strangers. A chap introduced himself and he described himself as a psychic and then proceeded to tell me all sorts of stuff about myself - all true and facts which no one in the room could have known. In particular 2 things stood out - that I had always had a secret dream of learning to fly and that I had just removed a sidecar from a motor cycle (in fact I had done this the previous day and there was no way anyone could have known) Very specific indeed and I have to say I was hooked. He invited me to have a private reading (yes I know!) and in April I visited his home. He was insistent that I write everything down and I did so on a very small notebook size piece of paper. I was with him for no more than 15 minutes. He firstly told me to be aware of momentous events which would occur on 25th November in 5 years time ( which I took to be 25 Nov 2004) He said I would meet someone in early 2000 just as the daffodils were coming out and that I would get married again. He told me to write down 4 initials SBJL which would be important as would the number 47. The first initial represented a surname the second a Christian name the third a middle name and the fourth a town and county. He finally put a black cloth over his crystal ball and stated that there was going to be a death . (the only other info he gave me was the title of a book to read and some lottery numbers) I handed over £20 and berated myself for what I perceived to be rubbish. I certainly had no intention of meeting anyone and there was no way I was ever going to get married again. Took the paper home and lost it - the only thing I could remember was the death. Weirdly in February 2000 (as the daffodils were coming out) I met quite out of the blue a truly amazing woman. Whilst I was unaware at the time her name corresponded to the 3 initials given to me and she lived in the town/county matching to the fourth initial. Amazingly to me she wanted us to get married and we did so in late 2003. I thought my life was finally sorted out after a few grim years. Not to be - she died unexpectedly in my arms on 25th November 2004 age 47. It was not until 3 months after her death that I found the piece of paper and quite frankly I could not believe what was written on it. I am unable to understand what happened- coincidence or is this guy actually able to tell the future. I am still looking or the answer. Sorry for long post.

What a fascinating post. Many thanks for sharing your story, and my condolences on losing your wife.

PeteS at least you know that you were loved. What a remarkable man to have predicted all that
By coincidence when I was tidying some papers today inside an old magazine I found a paper
given to me by a psychic awhile after my husband died.
It was done in coloured chalks and his name was written over and over.

Interesting, but you're going to have to supply more details about this seemingly miraculous man. And what do you mean by 'finding yourself at a meeting of strangers' - was it a religious or esoteric group?

Many thanks for your responses. Yithian I assume that by "seemingly miraculous man" you do not believe in psychic ability - I am inclined to agree with you if that's the case but have an open mind . I tell the story as it was and exactly how the subsequent events panned out. I offer no explanation and am sure that a lot wont believe - I personally don't care either way. Could merely have been coincidence( and I think coincidences occur much more frequently than we think) but then I fail to understand how he could tell me that I had just removed a sidecar from a bike - and no I didn't turn up at the meeting on an old bike which had witness marks where a sidecar had been! The guy describes himself as a psychic and lives locally. I presume he is still around but I was told he has been prosecuted (unrelated to psychic abilities!) so I would not like to "recommend" him - he clearly didn't see that one coming! No the meeting was not a religious or esoteric group - I am neither religious or esoteric.

No, I mean simply that from your account he would seem to be psychic. I - we - don't have enough from your post to pass judgement on that appearance, though it's certainly interesting and I thank you for posting it and the additional details.

I've always considered the observer effect a very interesting subject to research in regard to how we can apply the physics theory to our current understanding of scientific measurement and controlled performance of psychical ability and other supernatural manifestations, both Human (externalised Qi manifestations) and extra-terrestrial/spiritualistic in origin. Kenneth Grant's excellent concept of the Tangential Tantrum (see Hecate's Fountain, Foreward, SKOOB BOOKS 1992) really deserves to be examined further from an approach of considering symbiosis with the observer effect and its far reaching possibilities and suggestions.

Attachments

• The Observer Effect by Massimiliano Sassoli de Bianchi, Switzerland (2012).pdf
    658.9 KB · Views: 14
Paranormal evidence is hard to ignore
I have actually witnessed many of these demonstrations of supernatural abilities myself
By: Jaime Licauco - Columnist / @Inq_Lifestyle
Philippine Daily Inquirer / 02:00 AM December 20, 2016

It is difficult for the average person to accept such facts because they cannot be explained by orthodox and materialist science. They are not supposed to happen, but they obviously do. Saying that there’s no such thing as psychic and paranormal phenomena does not mean they do not exist. The evidence is just too much to be ignored.

http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/248220/paranormal-evidence/

A fortune teller in Japan has been ordered to pay $850,000 (£691,000) in damages to a female client she had forced into prostitution, reports say.

The victim was reportedly made to believe that she was in debt to the clairvoyant and could repay that debt only by becoming a sex worker.

Tokyo's District Court heard the woman was sometimes forced to live on the equivalent of $1 a day.

The fortune teller reportedly pocketed nearly 90m yen ($785,000; £639,000).

The victim started consulting with the clairvoyant in 2008, when she was troubled by issues such as a divorce, and became dependent on her advice, local media reported.

In 2011, she was forced to move into an apartment the fortune teller owned, and ordered to work as a prostitute to pay rent and other costs.

"The fortune teller fuelled the woman's fears by leading her to believe that she owed her a lot of money," judge Sotaro Tomuro said.

The woman handed over almost all of her income, the court heard.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-38689513

Back in the 1970's our neighbor died and his wife inherited a large sum of money. She decided to see a psychic who convinced the wife that the money was cursed and bad things would happen to her and children if they spent the money. In order to lift the curse the wife was to withdraw all of the money and give the cash to the psychic for a blessing. She never saw the money or the psychic again. It was very sad.

'Psychic’ paid $3.5M for exorcisms admits to tax evasion

BOSTON (AP) — A purported psychic who charged an elderly Massachusetts woman more than $3.5 million for exorcisms and “spiritual cleansing” has pleaded guilty to evading taxes.

Federal prosecutors say 41-year-old Sally Ann Johnson of south Florida ran businesses that claimed to offer “psychic readings” and “spiritual cleansing and strengthening.”

Between 2007 and 2014, prosecutors say a Martha’s Vineyard woman paid Johnson more than $3.5 million for services that claimed to rid the woman of demons.

Prosecutors say Johnson didn’t report the income and tried to hide the money so she wouldn’t have to pay taxes on it.

Johnson pleaded guilty in the federal court in Boston Thursday and has agreed to repay the woman. She’s expected to be sentenced in January.

Johnson’s attorney declined to comment.

https://apnews.com/7e1c7fb745a649e4...low&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Oddities

On R4's Desert Island Discs just now, the musician Christine McVie mentioned that her late mother worked as a professional psychic. wut? I wanted more detail but it was just a passing remark.

edit: McVie talks as if she has badly-fitting teeth. I used to think it was down to bad plastic surgery, y'know, the frozen top lip! but apparently she is famous for not having that so it'll be the gnashers. The actor Denis Waterman has the same problem.

edit: McVie talks as if she has badly-fitting teeth. I used to think it was down to bad plastic surgery, y'know, the frozen top lip! but apparently she is famous for not having that so it'll be the gnashers.
Or the cocaine damage. Allegedly.

Or the cocaine damage. Allegedly.

Oh yeah, she did talk a lot about ahem 'chemical inspiration'! Reckons she couldn't have written 'Songbird' without that particular helping hand. Seems to have paid off though.

I saw an interesting psychic today. I don’t know about her abilities but she is a character. (Anyone who doesn’t know she’s an actress well known for comic roles some years back)
F730DA8E-9D78-4726-B42E-2C3672FBD462.jpeg

Wait a minute - Su Pollard is a psychic now?! What's next, Christopher Biggins as a spoon bender?

Back