• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
No, but after Qanon's claim and the FBI's awareness of said claim, I'm sure that someone from Huggies would have been told about it.

possible interpretations include

* the claim is so laughable that the FBI didn't waste any further resources notifying the innocent victims of a not very convincing conspiracy theory

* the claim is so totally believeable that the FBI wanted to keep their powder dry and catch whoever the manufacturer of children's disposable nappies was signalling to in this way

Given enough time QAnon will invent conspiracies about literally anything and somehow link it back to paedophilia, kind of like a perverse version of the infinite monkey theorem. :thought:

Given enough time QAnon will invent conspiracies about literally anything and somehow link it back to paedophilia, kind of like a perverse version of the infinite monkey theorem. :thought:
How about trying to "inject" a new conspiracy theory into the movement just to see what happens? If anyone want to try it, don't mention it here until it fails or is a success.

Last edited:

* the claim is so laughable that the FBI didn't waste any further resources notifying the innocent victims of a not very convincing conspiracy theory

* the claim is so totally believeable that the FBI wanted to keep their powder dry and catch whoever the manufacturer of children's disposable nappies was signalling to in this way
I didn't say that Huggies were 'siganalling' anyone or that it was a convincing conspiracy theory. Just that they (Huggies) were probably made aware that they were being cited by Qanon as such.

I didn't say that Huggies were 'siganalling' anyone or that it was a convincing conspiracy theory. Just that they (Huggies) were probably made aware that they were being cited by Qanon as such.
They definitely were

A conspiracy theory about the diapers racked up millions of views, going viral so quickly that Huggies was forced to publicly denounce it.

How about trying to "inject" a new conspiracy theory into the movement just to see what happens? If anyone want to try it, don't mention it here until it fails or is a success.
That is a genius idea!

Q-Anon 'Shaman' guy regrets getting arrested entering government buildings:

From https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-56301083 (video)

"QAnon Shaman: 'I regret entering that building with every fibre of my body'

Jake Angeli spoke to the US news programme 60 Minutes from jail about his role in the January 6 riots at the US Capitol.
Angeli faces felony charges of violent entry and disorderly conduct."

He'll soon be out. If he has any sense he'll monetize his image with (non-political) public appearances in his Shaman gear.

One of the most recognizable rioters from the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, will soon be released.

Jacob Chansley, better known as the “QAnon Shaman,” gained notoriety during the insurrection thanks to his face paint, bare chest and furry, Viking-style hat with horns.

Prosecutors said that during the Jan. 6 riot, Chansley yelled, “Time’s up, motherfuckers,” and left a note at the Senate dais that said, “It’s only a matter of time. Justice is coming.”

Chansley was sentenced to 41 months in federal prison in November 2021, but he was recently transferred from a federal prison complex to a halfway house in Arizona and is set to be released on May 25.

Chansley’s trial attorney, Albert Watkins, told Fox 10 Phoenix that he was pleased his former client is getting released.

“After serving 11 months in solitary prior to his sentence being imposed, and only 16 months of his sentence thereafter, it is appropriate this gentle and intelligent young man be permitted to move forward with the next stage of what undoubtedly will be a law-abiding and enriching life,” Watkins said.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jacob-chansley-qanon-shaman-prison-release_n_6425dfe3e4b0b2ba2320f042

He'll soon be out. If he has any sense he'll monetize his image with (non-political) public appearances in his Shaman gear.

One of the most recognizable rioters from the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, will soon be released.

Jacob Chansley, better known as the “QAnon Shaman,” gained notoriety during the insurrection thanks to his face paint, bare chest and furry, Viking-style hat with horns.

Prosecutors said that during the Jan. 6 riot, Chansley yelled, “Time’s up, motherfuckers,” and left a note at the Senate dais that said, “It’s only a matter of time. Justice is coming.”

Chansley was sentenced to 41 months in federal prison in November 2021, but he was recently transferred from a federal prison complex to a halfway house in Arizona and is set to be released on May 25.

Chansley’s trial attorney, Albert Watkins, told Fox 10 Phoenix that he was pleased his former client is getting released.

“After serving 11 months in solitary prior to his sentence being imposed, and only 16 months of his sentence thereafter, it is appropriate this gentle and intelligent young man be permitted to move forward with the next stage of what undoubtedly will be a law-abiding and enriching life,” Watkins said.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jacob-chansley-qanon-shaman-prison-release_n_6425dfe3e4b0b2ba2320f042
Why give a 41 month sentence if they're not going to serve the full term?

Also, if he's "gentle and intelligent", why was he rioting?

As a company I would say it's laughable that Huggies has anything to do with pedophilia. In the article I read a while back which quoted directly from an FBI report simply stated that those symbols are used in certain circumstance by pedophiles as a means to communicate who or what the person is.

As a company I would say it's laughable that Huggies has anything to do with pedophilia. In the article I read a while back which quoted directly from an FBI report simply stated that those symbols are used in certain circumstance by pedophiles as a means to communicate who or what the person is.
Sometimes, the FBI gets things wrong?

The FBI might be entirely right about that. I don't want to do a Google search which might get me on a list. However the context is pretty clear, the symbols are used on a Lion King diaper because the symbols are used in the Lion King cartoon.

The FBI might be entirely right about that. I don't want to do a Google search which might get me on a list...

The FBI report doesn’t really give much of an indication of how universal the symbol is. 'In several cities' is the actual phrasing. This could mean that it is in common usage across a broad group - but it could equally reduce right down to indicate a few individuals in several different locations.

It's also impossible to tell from the report whether the symbol was adopted as a consequence of its (at that point) random use in a website banner, or if that banner was employing an already recognised symbol. It’s hardly mind-blowingly original or unusual, being essentially a geometric spiral – I suspect such shapes are pretty much ubiquitous in the history of graphic design.

How exercised we become about a symbol because a particular group use it to signal something is actually quite an interesting problem. I mean, at what point does that thing become recognisably something in the ownership - as it were - of that group of people (to an extent that it cannot mean anything else - or mean nothing at all)? And how much do we allow that group of people to drive the narrative?

On a practical level, ubiquity would entirely undermine a symbol’s power to signal anything in particular to anyone in particular – which would mean that the most effective way of removing any meaning we object to is to carry on regardless.

In this case, there are actually two narratives at play: The original one, and the one reacting against it. I'm not sure either should be allowed to control the discussion. The former because - well - why the hell should a bunch of perverts define what geometric patterns we can look at? And the latter, because...

...this. And because - in this particular context - the real issue of actual child abuse has become obscured via the process of being tortured into a MacGuffin for the pursuit of political ends by a bunch of heid the baws - the pursuit of those ends so overriding the means that I honestly think that most of those who promote these conspiracies forget to expend one single solitary genuine give-a-shit in regard to the actual welfare of children on the way.

How does it go? "Methinks he protests too much?"
They've got such a thing about paedophilia - grasping at straws, lining up anything to this heinous practice - it makes one wonder "how come you know so much about being a paedophile?"
Of course, it could be said that they're using a 'slam-dunk', i.e. they're blanket using an abhorrent practice which automatically shuts down denials.

How does it go? "Methinks he protests too much?"
They've got such a thing about paedophilia - grasping at straws, lining up anything to this heinous practice - it makes one wonder "how come you know so much about being a paedophile?"...

Funnily enough, I was just thinking about how much the QAnon phenomenon reminds me of a large scale version of the Westboro Baptist Church - and the queasy relish with which they also discussed the things they supposedly abhorred, but quite obviously spent an awful lot of time thinking about.

We have a thread on them: GodHatesAmerica.com / Westboro Baptist Church.

To be fair, though - given the insanity of the intervening years since the last post on that thread, they look almost mainstream.

Last edited:
Funnily enough, I was just thinking about how much the QAnon phenomenon reminds me of a large scale version of the Westboro Baptist Church - and the queasy relish with which they also discussed the things they supposedly abhorred, but quite obviously spent an awful lot of time thinking about.

We have a thread on them: GodHatesAmerica.com / Westboro Baptist Church.

To be fair, though - after the insanity of the intervening years since the last post on that thread, they look almost mainstream.
Their pastor died. Hopefully, somebody less batshit crazy took over.

Their pastor died. Hopefully, somebody less batshit crazy took over.
Ha hahah. Hahahahaahhahahahahahahahah.
Yeah, right.
It's like expecting the situation of a cult leader dying and a less extreme follower taking over.
Bordering the 'politics' embargo on this respected message board, I'd say that is like the 'big powers' declaring that the Taliban was reformed and weren't as extreme as they had been.

Ha hahah. Hahahahaahhahahahahahahahah.
Yeah, right.
It's like expecting the situation of a cult leader dying and a less extreme follower taking over.
Bordering the 'politics' embargo on this respected message board, I'd say that is like the 'big powers' declaring that the Taliban was reformed and weren't as extreme as they had been.
Hey, I was being the eternal optimist.

The FBI might be entirely right about that. I don't want to do a Google search which might get me on a list. However the context is pretty clear, the symbols are used on a Lion King diaper because the symbols are used in the Lion King cartoon.

Far too straightforward to be plausible. :p

Far too straightforward to be plausible. :p
More conspiracy that is true.... Hollywood has been implicated many time as being a front for all types of nefarious things including pedophilia, child trafficking for the purposes of not only pedophilia but organ harvesting, adrenochrome and much more. Forget that the parents might notice a missing child at the dinner table. They've been brain washed.

There's a bloke who lives in the tower block where I live who tells me all the latest 'intel' when I see him. He knows all that is going on. It's all true I tell you. The Old Steine in Brighton (UK) where I live, a very small bit of a park with a Victorian fountain, is being used by the Cabal to collect energy from the leylines underneath it. That's why it was built. The different large rocks around the fountain, none of which are local, the different metals in the fountain, the flowing of water from an underground stream, it all adds up.

I'm in the know. I'm in his inner circle. Don't mess with me, I'm warning you. I can use this intel and earth energy against you.

edit: I forgot. There's sewers that go under the fountain. They're gateways to inner earth disguised as sewers. People have been heard down there during the night moving heavy stuff. They don't only convey piss and sh*t to the treatment plant.

Last edited:
More conspiracy that is true.... Hollywood has been implicated many time as being a front for all types of nefarious things including pedophilia, child trafficking for the purposes of not only pedophilia but organ harvesting, adrenochrome and much more. Forget that the parents might notice a missing child at the dinner table. They've been brain washed.

I appreciate that the other part of your post was a joke, are you being serious here?

"Hollywood" is not one entity, it consists of many large companies with many employees. yes, there's been revelations of paedophilia and abuse, but there has been in plenty of other institutions and sectors too. Child trafficking for organ harvesting and adrenochrome sounds like a fever dream. Likewise parents being convinced their missing children aren't missing...

Back