• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
The Guardian is now reporting on Q Anon. And, for whatever reason, Tom Hanks is in the cross hairs of Q followers:

I suspect Qanon are sociopaths who see themselves as tricksters and think it's hilarious to make up incredible nonsense and spread chaos, which is then spread by Russian social media machines and acted upon by the mentally unstable. As for Tom Hanks? He's generally seen as a nice guy in real life so to them he obviously has dark secrets.

Nicked from Twitter :

4hgmdo8.jpg

Well, this could actually get interesting now. BuzzFeed thinks QAnon is a hoax by leftists, based on an Italian book from the 1990s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_(novel)

Meanwhile, the hacker collective "Anonymous" have had enough of that crap and want to expose it. I'd love it if they did.

Anonymous vows to take down, expose QAnon

The anarchist hacking group slammed the QAnon conspiracy as potentially dangerous and driven by a "brainless political agenda" in a video posted Sunday to what is widely considered the most reliable Anonymous Twitter account.

"We will not sit idly by while you take advantage of the misinformed and poorly educated," the group said in the video, which was posted with the hashtags #OpQ and #OpQAnon.

The video depicts various figures with Anonymous masks acting out certain aspects of the QAnon conspiracy against a constant backdrop of the letter "Q."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/anonymous-vows-to-take-down-expose-qanon/ar-BBLze18?ocid=ientp

I dunno, the kind of conspiracy that sees paedophiles everywhere seems more right wing than left wing given where it was propagated from the 90s onwards (e.g. right wing tabloid press). Unless that's the "joke"?

I dunno, the kind of conspiracy that sees paedophiles everywhere seems more right wing than left wing given where it was propagated from the 90s onwards (e.g. right wing tabloid press). Unless that's the "joke"?

Well, yes, that rather is the point. If there is one.

Well, this could actually get interesting now. BuzzFeed thinks QAnon is a hoax by leftists, based on an Italian book from the 1990s...

I really enjoyed Q (and 54) and, having followed up on the mystery over the years (when it was published the identity of 'Luther Blisset' was unknown) I'd be kind of surprised if the guys involved were responsible for QAnon. And I suspect that they would be savvy enough to realise that we're in a world that's gone beyond parody, and that therefore - if that's what it is - it would be pointless. (Trivia moment - I seem to remember that one of the authors translates Stephen King's books into Italian.)

On a tangent - the Luther Blisset alias has reminded me that this very board seems to have had a few new posters using footballers names (or nicknames) over the last few months. Maybe that's normal - I don't spend enough time on other sites to know.

Or maybe we're being QAnoned?

Edit: 54 was written by Wu Ming - but that's basically the same guys.

I really enjoyed Q (and 54) and, having followed up on the mystery over the years (when it was published the identity of 'Luther Blisset' was unknown) I'd be kind of surprised if the guys involved were responsible for QAnon.

I haven't read it, but I don't think the insinuation is that the same authors are behind "Q Anon". Merely that "whoever" took the book "Q" as the inspiration for the hoax.

I hope we will find out one day.

I haven't read it, but I don't think the insinuation is that the same authors are behind "Q Anon". Merely that "whoever" took the book "Q" as the inspiration for the hoax...

Ah, right. That makes a bit more sense - kind of.

I'm going to have to re-read, now - apparently Wu Ming themselves think Q might be being used as part of a possible hoax. (Source).

Looks like I wasn't that far from the truth when I said Q Anon was a 4Chan'er.

Q Anon man.jpg

This map is way too Euro- & US-centric. You completely forgot the pre-historic civilizations of the Western Hemisphere like the Mississippians, the Mound Builders, The Olmecs, The Inca, the Mesoamerican pyramid builders, etc. And what about the Nazca Lines? THE NAZCA LINES!!!

(Ok, I stole that reply.)

Odd Squad is my fave deep state organization.

Attachments

• deep odd.jpg
    deep odd.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 12
Reddit Bans Qanon Subreddits After Series of Violent Threats

Reddit banned one of its largest communities dedicated to discussion of the Qanon fringe conspiracy theory on Wednesday, citing the subreddit's repeated violations of the network's content policy.

The community, called /r/GreatAwakening, had more than 71,000 subscribers making over 10,000 comments on average per day before it was banned, NBC News reported. A backup subreddit, /r/the_greatawakening, was also banned, along with 17 other Qanon focused communities, including r/BiblicalQ and r/Quincels.

The Qanon subreddits have been host to escalating threats of violence from proponents of the conspiracy theory — despite repeated calls from the community’s moderators urging them to stop.

Oh but there are still some true believers out there. Naturally.

And now UFOs and the fires in California are all drafted into the narrative. The number of followers has dwindled, but they are more fanatical, and crazier than ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
The great thing about a paranoid mindset is that it can slot any random thing into its overarching and irrational narrative, and often the more trivial the item, the more important it becomes. It is actually a wonderfully creative process of free-association, but turned to a mad end.

Last edited:
Here's some details on the "Q Anon" California Wildfire conspiracy. Not worth its own thread, I think:

An emerging, deeply weird conspiracy theory holds that those fires aren't caused by wind patterns, brutally dry conditions, the worsening effects of climate change, or possible downed power lines, but by a sinister scheme directed by nefarious elements within the government.

The claim, being taken up by an increasing number of people in QAnon circles, is that the fires are caused by "directed energy weapons" — that is, government-directed lasers bent on destroying homes, property, and lives. And if recent history is any judge, there's a chance the country's biggest conspiracy-pedlars, up to and including the one who lives in the White House, will take up the cause.

People who believe in chemtrails are also concerned about DEWs, and have a more fully fleshed-out explanation for what they're meant to do. On one chemtrail-oriented site, Chemtrail Planet, an unnamed author speculates that last year's fires were part of a joint plan by FEMA and the United Nations to institute more centralised global control, what they called "Agenda 30."

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2018/11/...-spawned-a-truly-weird-new-conspiracy-theory/

and here's a proponent:
https://www.dcclothesline.com/2018/...-be-responsible-for-the-california-wildfires/

And this - related:
Man Accused of Igniting California Wildfire Spread Alt-Right Conspiracy Theories

Last edited:
Qanon is as real as Trump's membership of The Democratic Party. Qanon using the same kind of messageboard as 4Chan tells me a lot. It's just some 4Chan'er trolling the rest of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all coming together!

QAnon believers have become convinced the deep-state cabal has a bunker under Arlington Cemetery, connected to a tunnel running straight to Comet Ping Pong.

As an Arlington resident, my view is that if there are any extra tunnels, we should be shoving trains through them!

I didn't see this anywhere else, happy to move / delete it.

Here's an observation- I recently saw a video about the US Army Standing Honor Guard detail at Arlington, covering duties such as The Tomb of the Unknown Warrior, which included behind-the-scenes film of the soldiers preparing their dress uniforms to extreme levels of military precision.

At the time, my immediate instinct was "that barrack block looks as if it's been built underground...very odd?" Only indoor shots were shown. The room had no windows, or any natural daylight entering from the doors.

If it wasn't located underground, my next-best prediction would be a semi-sunk bunker or adapted crypt on-site at Arlington.

So might this feed (or partly-support) at least some version of the claimed story?

Last edited:
There are multiple pedestrian tunnels, including abandoned / sealed ones, in the Arlington Cemetery / Pentagon area.

Back