• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Is that the QAnon oath or just patriotic Americans having a 4th July independence party and just swearing to defend America?

WWG1WGA stands for Where We Go One, We Go All. That’s an adage or motto associated with a string of interconnected conspiracy theorists known collectively as Q, or QAnon. Just like the hacking collective known as Anonymous, anyone can claim to be part of QAnon or Q, and anyone can support the conspiracies proffered by the group. There is no official enrolment or membership process, so it would be near impossible to quantify how widespread the group is in any meaningful way.

A few plausible explanations of the phenomenon.

Theory: QAnon is popular partly because the act of “researching” it through obscure forums and videos and blog posts, though more time-consuming than watching TV, is actually *more enjoyable* because it’s an active process.

Game-like, even; or ARG-like, certainly.

It rewards independent research, gives you the dopamine hit of finding a connection “on your own” and for pros, unlike ARGs, you can generate your own content to fill in the narrative gaps *that other players will use* AND it is a threat to public safety and governance

Was interviewing a QAnon guy the other day who told me just how deeply pleasurable it is for him to analyze/write his "stories" after his kids go to sleep on Q Drops

VICE writing on QAnon:

A major anti-vaxxer is suddenly posting QAnon memes. QAnon fans are drinking bleach solutions favored by the anti-vax world. Sex trafficking conspiracy theories are everywhere. I wrote about the arrival of something we can call The Conspiracy Singularity. https://t.co/PIudP1mscW

But it’s not just QAnon. The strain of living in this particular time, with a dragging, devastating pandemic and a global uprising against police brutality and racial injustice, crashing together at the highest speed, has accelerated something that’s been going on for years. Call it the conspiracy singularity: the place where many conspiracy communities are suddenly meeting and merging, a melting pot of unimaginable density. UFO conspiracy theorists and QAnon fans are advocating for drinking a bleach solution promoted by anti-vaxxers. QAnon groups and Reopen America groups alike promoted Plandemic , a film clip jam-packed with conspiratorial claims about the causes and spread of COVID. The Freedom Angels, an anti-vaccine group based in California, are among the many such groups joining anti-lockdown protests, using language that feels heavily drawn from the Patriot movement: They're calling stay-at-home orders “tyranny,” addressing their followers as “Patriots,” and positioning themselves as “a new civil rights movements.” (They urged people to burn their facemasks on July 4th, adding, floridly: “Join millions of Americans on Independence Day as we show all these BLUE STATE GOVERNORS, SWAMP DOCS, and DEEP STATE RATS how we feel about their latest ORDERS, DICTATES and MANDATES to wear our muzzles again.”)

No wonder, when a QAnon gunman rammed the gates of Justin Trudeau's official residence a couple of weeks ago. Conspiracies: all good fun until someone starts living their lives by them and arming themselves.

THREAD: How big is the QAnon on Facebook? It's big, very very big.
Twitter and TikTok limited QAnon content on their platforms this week. But Facebook's the main platform for the movement's hundreds of thousands of activists and influencers. Let's have a closer look at its reach https://t.co/9IKZYwDNfA

I've just read this entire thread, and I don't think I've ever read anything so sad yet so bloody frightening. I've always enjoyed a good conspiracy theory, especially when there are legitimate concerns over the official narrative, but these anti vaxers and pandemic deniers are dangerous.

QAnon Official on Youtube (not sure how official it is) has released a video about the supposed drug of the elites, Adrenochrome, harvested from kidnapped and trafficked children.

QAnon Official on Youtube (not sure how official it is) has released a video about the supposed drug of the elites, Adrenochrome, harvested from kidnapped and trafficked children.

That video looks kinda fake.
Adrenochrome exists - I had thought that it was fictitious, but apparently it's real.
Is it for sale to psychotic wealthy people? I'm not going to go on the dark web to find out.

Facebook has taken the biggest sanctioning action to date against the QAnon presence on their platform.
Facebook removes one of largest QAnon conspiracy groups after false posts

Facebook said on Thursday it had removed one of the largest public groups devoted to the QAnon web of conspiracy theories after repeated violations of the company’s policies.

The group, called Official Q/Qanon and with nearly 200,000 members, had been deleted after multiple individual postings were removed for crossing the lines on bullying and harassment, hate speech, and false information that could lead to harm, a Facebook spokeswoman said. ...

In May, Facebook removed a smaller network of QAnon accounts that pushed false information about the deadly coronavirus.

Twitter last month went further, saying it would delete or restrict many thousands of QAnon accounts.

FULL STORY: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...piracy-groups-after-false-posts-idUSKCN2530H6

A very good podcast about qanon from lawfare:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/lawfare-podcast-ben-collins-and-brandy-zadrozny-explain-qanon

QAnon, a conspiracy theory built around anonymous posts on an internet forum claiming that Donald Trump is waging war against a deep state and a vast network of child sex traffickers. The conspiracy theory has inspired acts of violence and is becoming increasingly mainstream, with several candidates for U.S. Congress being QAnon believers. They talked about how QAnon started, why we need to take it seriously and how the internet—and big technology platforms—have allowed the theory to spread.

1) Adrenochrome is an easily synthesised chemical and you can buy it by the ton off the internet. It's made by oxidising epinephrine.
2) It doesn't do much (besides possibly giving you a migraine) if you try to take it as a drug.
3) There's a parallel between these stories and mediaeval blood-libel allegations against jews - not coincidental I would argue as the whole 'secret rulers of the world' trope has gone hand-in-hand with antisemitism for hundreds of years.
4) I frustratingly can't find it right now, but there's a page supposedly outlining a gameplan to use Qanon as a gateway drug to nazism (as in full-on racist conspiracy-centred nazism rather than just the 'far right') - start them on this stuff and let them connect the dots to mein kampff and the protocols.
5) There's also a suggestion that the 'craziness' of the theory is a kind of litmus test or shibboleth - like a Nigerian scam email, it automatically filters out all but the extremely gullible.

The QAnon Casualties subreddit is the saddest place on the Internet. https://t.co/I6gWYTjO0S
Link for the lazy: https://www.reddit.com/r/QAnonCasualties/

A QAnon member has won a political primary in the US for the House of Representatives. The political party they are representing heavily dominates the local voting, making it likely that the person will win election.

1) Adrenochrome is an easily synthesised chemical and you can buy it by the ton off the internet. It's made by oxidising epinephrine.
2) It doesn't do much (besides possibly giving you a migraine) if you try to take it as a drug.
3) There's a parallel between these stories and mediaeval blood-libel allegations against jews - not coincidental I would argue as the whole 'secret rulers of the world' trope has gone hand-in-hand with antisemitism for hundreds of years.
4) I frustratingly can't find it right now, but there's a page supposedly outlining a gameplan to use Qanon as a gateway drug to nazism (as in full-on racist conspiracy-centred nazism rather than just the 'far right') - start them on this stuff and let them connect the dots to mein kampff and the protocols.
5) There's also a suggestion that the 'craziness' of the theory is a kind of litmus test or shibboleth - like a Nigerian scam email, it automatically filters out all but the extremely gullible.

Link for the lazy: https://www.reddit.com/r/QAnonCasualties/

Thanks, James - good work as usual.

How does QAnon reconcile Trump's close ties to Epstein and Maxwell? Has there been any comment? I mean, Trump is on record as having said he knew all about Epstein's pedophilia.

Trump wishes Ghislaine "well".

Trump parties with Epstein at Mar A Lago

Trump liked Epstein a lot. "Terrific guy"

Now the scandal is out, Trump is running for cover

I mean, given how much of QAnon coverage was devoted to chasing "Deep State Pedophiles", where do they stand on this? Is it all just fake news to QAnon, or have they realized they are "sleeping with the enemy"?

How does QAnon reconcile Trump's close ties to Epstein and Maxwell? Has there been any comment? I mean, Trump is on record as having said he knew all about Epstein's pedophilia.

Trump wishes Ghislaine "well".

Trump parties with Epstein at Mar A Lago

Trump liked Epstein a lot. "Terrific guy"

Now the scandal is out, Trump is running for cover

I mean, given how much of QAnon coverage was devoted to chasing "Deep State Pedophiles", where do they stand on this? Is it all just fake news to QAnon, or have they realized they are "sleeping with the enemy"?
Iirc Qanons interprets those comments as secret messages from him trying to warn the FBI about Epstein or something. It's one of those conspiracy theories where everything gets folded in as supporting the "truth".

OK so because I have no interest in delving into this pot of extreme neurosis to say the least, I'm not going to ask why the pres has to send a secret message to the FBI, which reports to him.

OK so because I have no interest in delving into this pot of extreme neurosis to say the least, I'm not going to ask why the pres has to send a secret message to the FBI, which reports to him.
Don't presidents do that regularly/routinely?

A QAnon member has won a political primary in the US for the House of Representatives. The political party they are representing heavily dominates the local voting, making it likely that the person will win election.
To be specific, a crazy lady from Georgia. She joins A few others from Idaho and other similarly deep Red(Republican) states. Trump sends His hearty congrats of course.
My state is similar, but so far no winners openly endorsing the Q, just cynically taking advantage of the phenomenon on the downlow with subtle and not so subtle dogwhistling.

Last edited:
Back