• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Trump's brain has been swapped into Joe Biden's body. Then Biden-in-Trump's-body was hypnotized into thinking he is Trump and bat-shit crazy. Trump-in-Biden's-body is just playing it cool until after the inauguration. Buckle up. It's going to be a bumpy flight. :wacky:

Trump's brain has been swapped into Joe Biden's body. Then Biden-in-Trump's-body was hypnotized into thinking he is Trump and bat-shit crazy. Trump-in-Biden's-body is just playing it cool until after the inauguration. Buckle up. It's going to be a bumpy flight. :wacky:
Get that script to a film company now!

the-brain-from-planet-arous-rec5bc-nathan-juran-usa-1957_gif1.gif

So all the rest of the Biden administration is brain swapped too?

I probably shouldn't look too deeply into this.

Regarding our topic, I was wondering how germane the following quote might be:

"Almost all people are hypnotics. The proper authority saw to it that the proper belief should be induced, and the people believed properly".

Charles Fort.

Strikes me that this quote might just as easily be recognised by Qanon supporters as describing those who don't fall for their insanity as the latter group might believe it describes the former.

I've never really felt easy about that quote - it illustrates the kind of misanthropic exceptionalism that is endemic to batshit ideas as much as it can be applied to free thinking and open mindedness.

I've never really felt easy about that quote - it illustrates the kind of misanthropic exceptionalism that is endemic to batshit ideas as much as it can be applied to free thinking and open mindedness.
That's actually how I read it and Fort was pointing out the very same. :cool:

Thats how I confused I'm about it all and don't know what to believe in the media and news, stranger then fiction or nuts and bolts...BAH sod politics I'm going to the Pub....had on ?

Thats how I confused I'm about it all and don't know what to believe in the media and news, stranger then fiction or nuts and bolts...BAH sod politics I'm going to the Pub....had on ?

I don't think anyone can honestly say they know what's going on anymore. Between social media providing positive feedback for any crack-brained idiocy anyone cares to float, trolling sites like QAnon ("Let's see if we can come up with something so stupid that NO-ONE will believe it!), deliberate mis-information campaigns by foreign adversaries, and broadcast media news just re-packaging whatever's been trending online for the last 24 hours and sensationalizing it to provoke fear and outrage, reliable information is getting hard to come by.

As bad as things are, I cling to a glimmer of hope that things aren't as bad as we've been led to think. I would not deny for a second that there are some seriously bad actors out there, heavily armed and bent on violent insurrection. I begin to think, though, that they are a TINY minority, relatively easy to track and neutralize, given the resources of the U.S. surveillance and law enforcement apparatus.

The crowd at the Capitol on 1/6 in many instances struck me as feckless at best. Almost all of the crowd remained outside the Capitol. Of those who got inside, there were shots of some of them walking single-file through the Rotunda, staying on the designated walkways. Once in, most of them seemed to have no idea what to do next. Next day, they were all gone. Over the last weekend, many state Capitols were locked down and barricaded, expecting violent demonstrations by armed rioters. At a few Capitols maybe a dozen of them showed up, ludicrously outnumbered by National Guardsmen and police on duty. Of course, they were quiet and polite as could be. I'm convinced that nearly all of these "revolutionaries" would, at the first sign of serious push-back by the authorities, vanish like snowflakes on a hot griddle and be content to sit and grumble at home.

I've been wrong before. I hope I'm right on this one.

This is the thing, once a conspiracy theory takes root, they're very difficult to shift. Plenty of us believe something that's not true, or at least not proven, but if you start living your life by the falsehoods you're going to end up doing damage - to yourself, other people or to a whole country.

I don't think anyone can honestly say they know what's going on anymore. Between social media providing positive feedback for any crack-brained idiocy anyone cares to float, trolling sites like QAnon ("Let's see if we can come up with something so stupid that NO-ONE will believe it!), deliberate mis-information campaigns by foreign adversaries, and broadcast media news just re-packaging whatever's been trending online for the last 24 hours and sensationalizing it to provoke fear and outrage, reliable information is getting hard to come by.

As bad as things are, I cling to a glimmer of hope that things aren't as bad as we've been led to think. I would not deny for a second that there are some seriously bad actors out there, heavily armed and bent on violent insurrection. I begin to think, though, that they are a TINY minority, relatively easy to track and neutralize, given the resources of the U.S. surveillance and law enforcement apparatus.

The crowd at the Capitol on 1/6 in many instances struck me as feckless at best. Almost all of the crowd remained outside the Capitol. Of those who got inside, there were shots of some of them walking single-file through the Rotunda, staying on the designated walkways. Once in, most of them seemed to have no idea what to do next. Next day, they were all gone. Over the last weekend, many state Capitols were locked down and barricaded, expecting violent demonstrations by armed rioters. At a few Capitols maybe a dozen of them showed up, ludicrously outnumbered by National Guardsmen and police on duty. Of course, they were quiet and polite as could be. I'm convinced that nearly all of these "revolutionaries" would, at the first sign of serious push-back by the authorities, vanish like snowflakes on a hot griddle and be content to sit and grumble at home.

I've been wrong before. I hope I'm right on this one.
What I'm lost is how did they get inside with ease as saw a video of the horned man Jake Angeli with spear sitting on the Speakers Chair and the Cop just asked him 'don't trash the place as it's sacred" and yet the protester Ashli Babbitt got shot dead ?

I think there will be a big swell of people in N. America, especially the U.S., presenting with mental health crises very soon. Having a quick read of the reddit sub for Q-Anon Casualties, there are now potentially millions of people with a self (online) induced breakdown occurring or ready to occur.

https://www.reddit.com/r/QAnonCasualties/

Q-Anon has evolved into a bizarre self-recruiting cult, very strange and odd in that the central figure is unknown and unseen unlike (for example) the Rev Jim Jones or Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh.

Being a Q-devotee is hard work, mentally exhausting, physically stressful and also has the typical cult effect of alienating family & friends. And we kinda know how apocalyptic cults tend to end...

I think there will be a big swell of people in N. America, especially the U.S., presenting with mental health crises very soon. Having a quick read of the reddit sub for Q-Anon Casualties, there are now potentially millions of people with a self (online) induced breakdown occurring or ready to occur.

https://www.reddit.com/r/QAnonCasualties/

Q-Anon has evolved into a bizarre self-recruiting cult, very strange and odd in that the central figure is unknown and unseen unlike (for example) the Rev Jim Jones or Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh.

Being a Q-devotee is hard work, mentally exhausting, physically stressful and also has the typical cult effect of alienating family & friends. And we kinda know how apocalyptic cults tend to end...

There's already been a massive increase in people seeking MH support around the world. As MH services have been cinderella-funded for years and everyone has been hit hard.

The level of distress has been, by all accounts jaw-dropping. The young particularly have been violent and self-destructive. 2020 was tough but I can't see it getting any better at the moment.

A good article on QAnon by two authors. One of the authors is part of the WuMing collective of the original Q book that probably inspired QAnon.

https://www.wumingfoundation.com/giap/blank-space-qanon/

At least one source of the QAnon myth is very likely: the Italian novel Q, published in 1999 and co-written by one of the two authors of this article as a member of the writers collective Luther Blissett. It was published in more than thirty countries, including German and English translations. The novel is set in the Reformation period and tells the story of a secret agent who spreads disinformation messages under the name “Q” and – just like the Q of “QAnon” – claims to have access to the highest political power and secret information. In the novel, Q’s letters persuade Thomas Müntzer’s Protestant peasant warriors to fight a battle in Thuringia in order to expel aristocrats and bishops for good. This battle however turns out to be a deadly trap. The “Q” of QAnon plagiarizes this, too, when he claims that the “storm” of a final battle is imminent, in which Trump will liberate the USA from the “Deep State” and the liberal elites.

It's a very good Fortean yarn!
I read the English translation 5 or 6 years ago.
I've always been a fan of the old time slip motif and Q gave it a particularly vivid and poignant twist.
Can't see that it has any bearing on QAnon conspiracies though.

There's already been a massive increase in people seeking MH support around the world. As MH services have been cinderella-funded for years and everyone has been hit hard.

The level of distress has been, by all accounts jaw-dropping. The young particularly have been violent and self-destructive. 2020 was tough but I can't see it getting any better at the moment.

Yes, I was reading about this in the newspaper this morning. The whole world's cracking up and needs a lot more attention to prevent a mental health crisis. Or even more of a mental health crisis than we have at the moment.

I'm just glad to hear that the revolution will be televised after all. I shall get some popcorn ready.

Well that was boring with no Military Coup, Arrests and Aliens on the lawn and Trump came in with a bang and left in a whimper....I want my time wasted on the internet back ;)

Lucky b*stard all the pubs round here are shut :willy:

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you."
Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Well that was boring with no Military Coup, Arrests and Aliens on the lawn and Trump came in with a bang and left in a whimper....I want my time wasted on the internet back ;)
I must admit that I genuinely feared a "Hail Hydra" moment today, but now feel just a little let down that there wasn't even a hint of one.

Back