• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I suspect it's the Vice.com reporter evidencing carelessness. Doesn't seem to be a quote.
It seems to be based on these lines in the article and the presumed belief that Trump would become the 19th President of the "original republic". So it's some combination of Q and Sovereign Citizen stuff.

"Sovereign citizens believe that a law enacted in 1871 secretly turned the U.S. into a corporation and did away with the American government of the founding fathers.
The source for this date is the fact that 1933 was also the year when inaugurations were changed from March 4 to Jan. 20 — to shorten the lame-duck period of outgoing presidents. QAnon followers believe that Trump will become the president of the original republic, and not the corporation that they believe the 1871 act created. "

It seems to be based on these lines in the article and the presumed belief that Trump would become the 19th President of the "original republic". So it's some combination of Q and Sovereign Citizen stuff.

"Sovereign citizens believe that a law enacted in 1871 secretly turned the U.S. into a corporation and did away with the American government of the founding fathers.
The source for this date is the fact that 1933 was also the year when inaugurations were changed from March 4 to Jan. 20 — to shorten the lame-duck period of outgoing presidents. QAnon followers believe that Trump will become the president of the original republic, and not the corporation that they believe the 1871 act created. "
Um. Was there an 1871 law about something ?

Um. Was there an 1871 law about something ?

According to Wikipedia:
[The District of Columbia Organic Act of 1871] served as the basis of conspiracy theories relating to the sovereign citizen movement. According to these, the Act would have made the District, and consequently the whole United States, into a corporation. There is no evidence for these claims, which stem from a misinterpretation of the meaning of the term municipal corporation used in the Act. The vocabulary used has in fact a wider meaning here, and refers to any group authorized to legally act as a single entity (in this case, an incorporated, organized district of the United States).

This was later revived by supporters of the QAnon conspiracy theory to falsely claim that former president Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 19th president of the original United States on March 4, 2021. This date corresponds to the original presidential inauguration, before it was moved to January 20 by the Twentieth Amendment (signed in 1933, 62 years after the Act, and thus - falsely - claimed to be invalid).

The Reddit 'Q-Anon Casualties' thread makes for sobering reading (I lurk there only). There are families breaking up, attempted suicides, people being committed to hospital, people doubling down on their 'feelings' that it's all true - all sorts of Q-related fallout :(

https://www.reddit.com/r/QAnonCasualties/

This is why we should fear conspiracy theories going mainstream. They're addictive and self-propagating. I remember thinking the 1990s had been paranoid, but I didn't know the half of it.

The Reddit 'Q-Anon Casualties' thread makes for sobering reading (I lurk there only).
Blimey it's bad enough reading that thread and those things are "once removed" from the person spouting them. Crazy stuff. How dreadful for people that it rips their families apart.

I know it is an isolated example, and cannot be taken for more than it is, but look at the body language of Biden and the child here in this clip.

This is a man comfortable with children and used to being buttonholed by them because he is approachable.

It is the same in the video of the kid with the stammer who walks up to him, and several others.

The body language betrays disposition.

It is not remarkable, it is just a fact of being a grandfather who is involved in the life of his family, but it is good that he can carry that demeanor into public life, not everyone can. Perfectly decent leaders and politicians do not have that common touch.

My point is that throwing shade at Biden on the basis of some kind of paedo smear is utterly undone by publicly available evidence that is beyond the control or propagation of the people featured.

It points more to the caster of the shade than the target.

Even more QAnons devastated after seeing Biden use Airforce One.
----------------------
QAnon was devastated to see Biden on Air Force One because they thought Trump was secretly using it: report

Sarah K. Burris
February 17, 2021

President Joe Biden used Air Force One over the weekend to fly to Delaware, but on Tuesday evening, Biden also used the plane to fly to a town hall in Wisconsin. The moment wasn't anything other than a president hopping on his ride, but for QAnon it was devastating.

Speaking to Ayman Mohyeldin Wednesday, NBC News reporter Ben Collins explained that the far-right conspiracy group is in a kind of "holding pattern" as Biden finishes his first month in office.

"You know, they hold on to these little nuggets, they hope in the future there are -- they believe right now there are two presidents and this will all get sorted out on March 4th," explained Collins. "But they lose hope along the way. For example, last night when Joe Biden boarded Air Force One, the real one, for the first time, that was a blow. They felt betrayed by this. They thought that Air Force One was still being used by President Trump in secret."

He went on to say that it's likely that they'll explain it away, but that last night was a big blow.

https://www.rawstory.com/qanon-devastated-biden-plane-trump/

Technically, Air Force One is the name of any plane the President is on, and not attached to the custom one he usually uses. So if Trump is doing any flying, the QAnon believers can still say he's on Air Force One.

Its March 4th, the day Qanon thought Trump would be inaugurated as the 19th President.
crazy-people-run.jpg

Q-Anon 'Shaman' guy regrets getting arrested entering government buildings:

From https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-56301083 (video)

"QAnon Shaman: 'I regret entering that building with every fibre of my body'

Jake Angeli spoke to the US news programme 60 Minutes from jail about his role in the January 6 riots at the US Capitol.
Angeli faces felony charges of violent entry and disorderly conduct."

You can't use a green screen technique (by itself) to insert something in front of (in the foreground relative to) the focal figure.

That's right. It's the mics that are using the green screen to look like they're with Biden.

But seriously, what if he was? Why would he, and what would it prove?
He's hiding that he's a Reptilian?

/ I'm sure the Reptilians are involved in Qanon somehow.

It's an interesting business when you state particular dates isn't it. At what point do believers give it all up as a bad job? And as you say, how do they explain it to themselves? I read a book on the subject once... When Prophecy Fails https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Prophecy_Fails

It's online as a pdf here.
Apparently according to the experience with many sects, they don't give it up. There's always a reason within their psychosis that it didn't happen. Does anyone know what the reason was this time?

It's an interesting business when you state particular dates isn't it. At what point do believers give it all up as a bad job? And as you say, how do they explain it to themselves? I read a book on the subject once... When Prophecy Fails https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Prophecy_Fails
It's online as a pdf here.

That was a landmark book. I had to read it as an assigned text in college. The issues it addressed regarding chaos in the wake of failed prophecy / prediction fits the QAnon situation quite well.

Back