The R.I.P. Thread

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
No idea what all that means. I'm still giggling about the knee in the guy's own face.
Hard step is stomping your feet down to the beat, cross step is that bit you see break dancers do before they drop to the floor so they can start a floor move from any angle quickly, Kinetic 2 step was born in a rave club called Club Kinetic that's a faster combination of both the previous dance techniques ... and Mark E.G. was hard stepping when he kneed himself in the face and gave himself a nose bleed, didn't give a shit and instead kept dancing. Hardcore ravers.

Keith Flint used to also rave at Kinetic .. and Dreamscape, Helter Skeltar, Spiral Tribe etc etc ..

Cochise

Justified & Ancient
Hard step is stomping your feet down to the beat, cross step is that bit you see break dancers do before they drop to the floor so they can start a floor move from any angle quickly, Kinetic 2 step was born in a rave club called Club Kinetic that's a faster combination of both the previous dance techniques ... and Mark E.G. was hard stepping when he kneed himself in the face and gave himself a nose bleed, didn't give a shit and instead kept dancing. Hardcore ravers.

Keith Flint used to also rave at Kinetic .. and Dreamscape, Helter Skeltar, Spiral Tribe etc etc ..

One of the times my nose was smashed was dancing to Status Quo. Just carried on. That would be , oh, 40 years ago :-(

. I don't know what all the dance stuff is (and frankly don't care) but I liked him. The Firestarter video is a classic.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
What sad news about Keith Flint, such a charismatic performer and everyone paying tribute is saying what a lovely bloke he was. On the eve of an American tour, too, just like Ian Curtis. It's not as if the Prodigy were past it, either, they were still releasing lots of great material and packing them in at concerts. Hard to understand. RIP Keith.

Seriously, if you're having grim thoughts, it doesn't hurt to talk to someone. If you don't think you have anyone to talk to, call the Samaritans, they won't laugh at you and won't judge you.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
What sad news about Keith Flint, such a charismatic performer and everyone paying tribute is saying what a lovely bloke he was. On the eve of an American tour, too, just like Ian Curtis. It's not as if the Prodigy were past it, either, they were still releasing lots of great material and packing them in at concerts. Hard to understand. RIP Keith.

Seriously, if you're having grim thoughts, it doesn't hurt to talk to someone. If you don't think you have anyone to talk to, call the Samaritans, they won't laugh at you and won't judge you.
That's good advice GNC, there's always a lot of people hurting out there X

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Man, there's been some tough celebrity deaths this past few weeks. Was never an avid fan of Mr Perry, but he made an impression when he was a pin-up actor and sounded like a genuine guy. He was in The Fifth Element, too (mentioned in Chat today). RIP.

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
Damn! just so sad about Keith. An astonishing frontman with a visual imagination that stomped all over the 90s

And Luke Perry...so young.

What a terribly sad day.

Vardoger

Bring the Beat Back!
Pro wrestler King Kong Bundy, dead at 61.

King Kong Bundy passes away
WWE is saddened to learn that WWE Legend King Kong Bundy has passed away.

Bundy was appropriately called the “walking condominium,” standing at an impressive 6-foot-4 and weighing 458 pounds. The sight of Bundy stepping between the ropes was intimidating enough, but his crushing offense proved that he was every bit as destructive as advertised. In fact, Bundy was so dominant that he demanded referees count to five when he pinned his opponents to show that there was no way they were getting up.

The Atlantic City, N.J., native broke into WWE in the 1980s, dominating at the first WrestleMania and memorably challenging Hulk Hogan for the WWE Championship inside a Steel Cage at WrestleMania 2.

Although Bundy left WWE in the late ’80s, he returned in 1994 as part of The Million Dollar Corporation, once again destroying rivals with the Avalanche Splash and proving that he was one of the greatest and most eye-catching big men to lace up a set of boots.

WWE extends its condolences to Bundy’s family, friends and fans.

https://www.wwe.com/article/king-kong-bundy-passes-away

Lord Lucan

Ephemeral Spectre
Pro wrestler King Kong Bundy, dead at 61.

King Kong Bundy passes away
WWE is saddened to learn that WWE Legend King Kong Bundy has passed away.

Bundy was appropriately called the “walking condominium,” standing at an impressive 6-foot-4 and weighing 458 pounds. The sight of Bundy stepping between the ropes was intimidating enough, but his crushing offense proved that he was every bit as destructive as advertised. In fact, Bundy was so dominant that he demanded referees count to five when he pinned his opponents to show that there was no way they were getting up.

The Atlantic City, N.J., native broke into WWE in the 1980s, dominating at the first WrestleMania and memorably challenging Hulk Hogan for the WWE Championship inside a Steel Cage at WrestleMania 2.

Although Bundy left WWE in the late ’80s, he returned in 1994 as part of The Million Dollar Corporation, once again destroying rivals with the Avalanche Splash and proving that he was one of the greatest and most eye-catching big men to lace up a set of boots.

WWE extends its condolences to Bundy’s family, friends and fans.

https://www.wwe.com/article/king-kong-bundy-passes-away

I am a true fan of pro wrestling as Sydney, Australia was for a few years in the early 70's the pro wrestling capitol of the world. Live shows were held in the Horden Pavillion and t.v broadcasts went out on weekends on the Nine Network. Most of the big names from the U.S and Europe wrestled here. My father, through his job used to get free tickets so twice a month, we'd go to the wrestling. I saw all the big names of the time, including Andre the Giant and loved every minute of it.
I never saw King Kong Bundy wrestle in person (his time was the mid 80's), but he was genuinely frightening and could move for a man of his enormous size. Despite his in ring persona, he was well known backstage as being one of the kindest, wittiest and gentlest guys. I'm sure all of us pencil necked geeks wish him a peaceful rest.

Bigphoot2

Carbon Based Infestation
Magenta Devine has died
Magenta Devine, TV presenter, dies aged 61
  • 1 hour ago

Image captionThe TV presenter was rarely seen without her trademark sunglasses
TV presenter Magenta Devine, known for her appearances on Channel 4's Network 7 and BBC Two's Rough Guides to the World, has died after a short illness.
According to her family, the 61-year-old had been undergoing treatment at a central London hospital.
Known for her sunglasses and stylish attire, Devine - real name Kim Taylor - was born in Hemel Hempstead in 1957.
Her other credits include presenting ITV documentary series Young, Gifted and Broke from 1999 to 2001.

etc
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47473388

Ladyloafer

Devoted Cultist
That makes me v sad. 'yoof tv' was my era and I loved it. Especially Rough Guides. And she was so cool looking. Totally wanted to look like that (but never did).

It's a bad week for 80's/90's kids...who's next?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
I was always more a Blue Thunder man - backed the wrong horse there. But Vincent was a king of the drive-ins for a while in the 70s, sort of a male Claudia Jennings and just as tragic, though his suffering was far more drawn out. Think the last thing I saw him in was Buffalo 66, and he looked dreadful. Don't do drugs, kids. RIP.