Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.

GNC

King-Sized Canary

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Now Ron Leibman has died!
Obit

Aged 82. Terrific character actor with a surprisingly wide range. I'll always remember him as the union rep from Norma Rae, so great with Sally Field. That swimming scene was just perfect. RIP.

Nemo

Abominable Snowman

Tribble

Killjoy Boffin
René Auberjonois, a prolific actor best known for his roles on the television shows Benson and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and his part in the 1970 film M*A*S*H playing Father Mulcahy, has died. He was 79.

The actor died Sunday at his home in Los Angeles of metastatic lung cancer, his son Remy Auberjonois told The Associated Press.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...ead-star-trek-benson-actor-dies-at-79-1260677

henry

still speeding
and although it doesnt appear on his wikipedia page, he was harris, from the post, in where the buffalo roam with bill murray as HST

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...

Vardoger

Like To Roam The Land
Marie Fredriksson, bandmember of Roxette, dead at 61.
---------------
Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson dies aged 61 after long illness
Marie Fredriksson, the Swedish musician who co-created the pop duo Roxette behind hits like It Must Have Been Love, has died at the age of 61

Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson has died at the age of 61.

The Swedish popstar, who co-created Roxette with Per Gessle in 1986, died on Monday morning after suffering from a long-term illness.

She was best known for her Roxette hits It Must Have Been Love - featured in the 1990 box office hit Pretty Woman - Joyride, Listen To Your Heart and The Look.

The pop duo were huge in their time, selling more than 75million records around the world and scoring 19 Top 40 hits, which propelled them to the height of fame.

"Marie Fredriksson is most mourned by her husband Mikael Bolyos and their two children," the family wrote in a statement.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-roxette-singer-marie-fredriksson-21064382

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Marie Fredriksson, bandmember of Roxette, dead at 61.
---------------
Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson dies aged 61 after long illness
Marie Fredriksson, the Swedish musician who co-created the pop duo Roxette behind hits like It Must Have Been Love, has died at the age of 61

Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson has died at the age of 61.

The Swedish popstar, who co-created Roxette with Per Gessle in 1986, died on Monday morning after suffering from a long-term illness.

She was best known for her Roxette hits It Must Have Been Love - featured in the 1990 box office hit Pretty Woman - Joyride, Listen To Your Heart and The Look.

The pop duo were huge in their time, selling more than 75million records around the world and scoring 19 Top 40 hits, which propelled them to the height of fame.

"Marie Fredriksson is most mourned by her husband Mikael Bolyos and their two children," the family wrote in a statement.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-roxette-singer-marie-fredriksson-21064382
That's very sad.

Part of the mood music for a good spell in my life.

RIP, Marie.

Nemo

Abominable Snowman
George Laurer, co-inventor of the barcode, dies at 94

George Laurer, the US engineer who helped develop the barcode, has died at the age of 94.
Barcodes, which are made up of black stripes of varying thickness and a 12-digit number, help identify products and transformed the world of retail.
They are now found on products all over the world.
The idea was pioneered by a fellow IBM employee, but it was not until Laurer developed a scanner that could read codes digitally that it took off.
Laurer died last Thursday at his home in Wendell, North Carolina, and his funeral was held on Monday.
(C) BBC'19

Schrodinger's Zebra

Eight pounds ten in the biscuit tin
Walking alone through the afternoon traffic...
RIP Marie Fredriksson. Gone far too soon as all the good ones do. :(

One of the first bands I 'got into' when I was younger (still have my cassettes of Look Sharp! and Joyride albums even though I have the CDs too).

I spent a lot of time singing along (still do) but back then, because of those songs, I realised I could sing. And concentrating on learning to do that, following her high notes etc, didn't half boost my confidence when I was a shy teenager (not that I ever dared sing in public though).

So thank you Marie, for my love of singing and music. Because it was most certainly your songs that were responsible.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Geez, there's a lot of celeb deaths at the moment, trying to get in under the wire before 2020, presumably. Anyway, Barrie Keeffe, screenwriter and playwright has died at 74:
Obit

Best known for The Long Good Friday, a terrific script by any yardstick. "Culture... sophistication... genius, a little bit more than an 'ot dog, knoworrimean?" RIP.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Geez, there's a lot of celeb deaths at the moment, trying to get in under the wire before 2020, presumably. Anyway, Barrie Keeffe, screenwriter and playwright has died at 74:
Obit

Best known for The Long Good Friday, a terrific script by any yardstick. "Culture... sophistication... genius, a little bit more than an 'ot dog, knoworrimean?" RIP.
Great movie with a cast that really did his script justice. RIP

Pool Attendant: They kept it all incognito. They're gonna collect the body in an ice cream van.

Harold: There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple.