The Relax Thread

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
I'm mainly bouncing this because it's made it onto our work radio stream today .. Four Tet's Two Thousand And Seventeen ..

Swifty

Some Shakuhachi meditation music with water sounds

Schrodinger's Zebra

Waiting and watching and seeking a sign..
Using just your left and right arrows on your keyboard, drive this tram up a beautifully drawn hill .. you can even pick up passengers and let other ones off .......... if you feel like it .. perhaps the most pointlessly mellow and relaxing gameish thingy ever created ..

http://alexanderperrin.com.au/paper/shorttrip/
I love this! :) I left a few passengers stranded cos I didn't pick them up but I've finally got one on board. I love the drawings and everything about this.

Last edited:

Schrodinger's Zebra

Sorry for posting three replies in a row, but I'm getting all mixed up with my posts at the moment.

Anyhoo, here's my offering, I love to just relax and listen to this...

"Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colors from our sight
Red is gray and yellow white
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion..."

Last edited:

Schrodinger's Zebra

Wow. Don't remember posting that.
Never Be The Same is among my favourite CH songs (RIP Paul).
Don't stand around
Like friends at a funeral...
I like a few of their songs that I've heard over the years but I'm not familiar with the band themselves, so I was puzzled by your RIP Paul comment. But a quick look at Wikipedia and now I understand. Very sad indeed.

Swifty

There's all sorts of stories about 'The Orb', Steve Hillage of 60's psychedelic band 'Gong' being one of their members (he also helped out ambient rave outfit System 7), the woman's voice sampled into this tune who was tripping on acid at the time and so on and so forth .. this tune relaxes me anyway

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Rickie Lee wasn't tripping on acid, she was answering questions in a radio interview. She may be a bit spacey, but she's not an acid casualty.

Swifty

I couldn't remember her name, thanks you two ..

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
I always found the fusion of the melody and Colin Vearncombe's voice in this song very relaxing (I have only just discovered that, sadly, he died two years ago). It's downbeat yet somehow reassuring--as if he wasn't going to lie to you, it isn't going to be fun, but it isn't going to be like this for ever.

Anyway, here's a lovely little interpretation of the song.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Sorry for posting three replies in a row, but I'm getting all mixed up with my posts at the moment.

Anyhoo, here's my offering, I love to just relax and listen to this...

"Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colors from our sight
Red is gray and yellow white
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion..."
The whole album brings back SUCH memories, teenager stuff, gosh, I may blush!

Can't even remember when I first heard it, it's like a part of me. Even now if a day is going nicely I'll hum Tuesdayyyyy Afternooooooooonnnnn...

Bought it on CD a couple of years ago to play in the car. I was 15 again.

Schrodinger's Zebra

I always found the fusion of the melody and Colin Vearncombe's voice in this song very relaxing (I have only just discovered that, sadly, he died two years ago). It's downbeat yet somehow reassuring--as if he wasn't going to lie to you, it isn't going to be fun, but it isn't going to be like this for ever.
I've always loved this song and video, and last year when we discovered he had sadly died, was when we also found out that the video was filmed in the Wirral - a place me and Mr Zebra visited for the first time 2 or 3 years ago for a specific reason, and fell in love with the place and have gone back for other small visits several times since then. :)

The whole album brings back SUCH memories, teenager stuff, gosh, I may blush!

Can't even remember when I first heard it, it's like a part of me. Even now if a day is going nicely I'll hum Tuesdayyyyy Afternooooooooonnnnn...

Bought it on CD a couple of years ago to play in the car. I was 15 again.
Awww, glad to bring back nice memories for you :) Funny how some songs we like, we forget where we found them; it just seems like they've always been with us, somehow.

I discovered Days Of Future Passed completely by accident (as seems to be the case for a lot of the music I like!). I was trying to find out about some vague lyrics I'd heard late one night on the radio when I was half asleep; it sounded prog-rock-ish and it was lovely and I wanted to know what it was, but I only remembered about two words.

So I was googling along those lines and although I couldn't find it (still can't) I stumbled across the fact that The Moody Blues were a prog-rock act, something which I didn't know. All I knew of them, really, was Nights In White Satin a song which I've always adored.

Abandoning my fruitless lyric search, I looked for which album NIWS was on, and having found Days of Future Passed full album on YouTube, I decided to try it out as that night's music choice for something to focus on so I could fall asleep.

And right from the start - I was captivated. The lyrics at the beginning... the sounds... I drifted off to sleep somewhere near the end of the album I believe, in a lovely dreamy state of blissfulness and other-wordly-fantasy-ness. :)

Schrodinger's Zebra

Tell me what you remember and I'll have a think.
Oh gosh... it'll be truly amazing if you can get it, but the words I remember for definite were:
Neptune and Cave (or Caves).

To try to explain... I was listening to the radio to try and get to sleep, random 60s or 70s radio station was on (can't remember its name, one of those internet radio stations that doesn't play many/any ads and has no DJ-person) and just as I was in that almost-asleep-but-not-quite state, this song came on and it sounded so beautiful, it was very dream-like and seemed to go on for ages (hence my idea that it was prog-rock). I told myself "try to remember this!" so I tried to latch onto something that I could remember... and all I can remember is them singing about Neptune and a cave.

(If it helps, the imagery that came to mind was a woman sitting in a cave, looking upwards at a starry sky).

:sorry: Bet you wish you'd not asked! :D

Dr_Baltar

Left Foot of God
Oh gosh... it'll be truly amazing if you can get it, but the words I remember for definite were:
Neptune and Cave (or Caves).

To try to explain... I was listening to the radio to try and get to sleep, random 60s or 70s radio station was on (can't remember its name, one of those internet radio stations that doesn't play many/any ads and has no DJ-person) and just as I was in that almost-asleep-but-not-quite state, this song came on and it sounded so beautiful, it was very dream-like and seemed to go on for ages (hence my idea that it was prog-rock). I told myself "try to remember this!" so I tried to latch onto something that I could remember... and all I can remember is them singing about Neptune and a cave.

(If it helps, the imagery that came to mind was a woman sitting in a cave, looking upwards at a starry sky).

:sorry: Bet you wish you'd not asked! :D
Two I can think of are Valleys of Neptune by Hendrix and Astronomy Domine by Pink Floyd. Don't think either of them mention caves though.

Schrodinger's Zebra

Two I can think of are Valleys of Neptune by Hendrix and Astronomy Domine by Pink Floyd. Don't think either of them mention caves though.
I've just had a quick listen and it's neither of those., but I appreciate the suggestions so thanks - if nothing else, it narrows down what this mysterious song isn't. :)

Didn't know Pink Floyd did stuff like that, though, I've only ever heard The Wall.