• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Revenge Thread

WhistlingJack

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Snubbed officials wreak drunk revenge

Fri Aug 4, 2006 7:29 AM BST

BEIJING (Reuters) - Two Chinese officials cut off power to a hotel after they were not invited to its opening party and forced managers to drink spirits before they would turn the electricity back on, a state newspaper said on Friday.

The two officials, who were subsequently fired, said they would lessen the power outage by one hour for every bottle of "baijiu" -- a strong grain-based alcohol -- two female managers drank, the Beijing Times said.

The two officials, who worked at the power company in the central province of Hunan, were found to have "severely harmed the image of the electricity bureau" and "caused a depraved social disturbance", the newspaper said.

The loss of power also caused chaos and black-outs for surrounding residents, it added.

© Reuters 2006.

Scradje

:roll:

Why didn't they just bake them a dog-meat pie?

For rent: delightful home, only rowdy spongers need apply
By David Sapsted
Last Updated: 2:13am GMT 24/11/2006

A car mechanic banned from working at home is advertising his bungalow at a peppercorn rent to the people he considers will most annoy his neighbours.

Nick Massingham, who lives in the north Norfolk village of Hunworth, has placed a local newspaper advertisement offering his home to "travelling families, large extended families, multiple occupancy, DSS and East Europeans, with all pets most welcome".

Mr Massingham, 46, says he is seeking "revenge" on second-home owners in the village he blames for blocking his planning application to repair cars at his home. The advertisement in the Eastern Daily Press is offering the three-bedroom, £180,000 detached bungalow, with double garage and "space for a caravan", for just £100 a month. Normally, the rent for such a property would be £600.

"This is a last resort to show the village what bad neighbours really are," he said. "It's just to get my revenge, to prove a point.

"It's people who have moved in from London or wherever and wander about in green wellingtons and tweed. They think more about the appearance of the village than what a Norfolk person can do for work."

Mr Massingham sought planning permission a year ago to run his car business from the bungalow's garage, rather than from a rented unit on an industrial estate. His application was rejected on the grounds that the local roads could not accommodate the increase in traffic and a planning inspector rejected his appeal.

However, Mr Massingham dismisses the idea that a home-based business would generate any more traffic than if his son and daughter lived with him.

Michael Chesterman, the parish council clerk, said: "If he's got a problem he should take it up with the secretary of state who makes the laws."

Jill McGonigle, who lives in the village and objected to Mr Massingham's plans, added: "It is nothing personal against him. If anyone in the village tried to start a garage we'd appeal.

"We're trying to preserve the village the way it is."
http://tinyurl.com/y2mr2z

A bit harsh on East Europeans there. Why wouldn't they make good neighbours? Come to think of it, what is wrong with any of the groups mentioned? It sounds like the fella is letting slip some of his own prejudices while trying to make out that the people in the village are snobs. Hypocrite :roll:

Presumably, he'd argue that the wording of the advert is designed to reflect the prejudices of his neighbours.

Still, it will be interesting to know who applies, and who ends up getting the house.

He won't think he's so clever when his tenants-from-hell trash his bungalow, stop paying their rent, and refuse to move out.

If he wants to go into business repairing cars then he needs to rent himself some workspace the same as everyone else does. Tool!

My friend who is a mechanic cant afford to buy a house (he lives in Surrey.)

So he lives in his rustic 30s rural garage.

people are happy to have him in the village, hes always on hand to repair cars.

Same for people round here. I cant understand a village that wouldnt want such a business.

Kondoru said:
I cant understand a village that wouldnt want such a business.
Before I even read the article, I thought "second-home owners" and then sure enough, it's "second-home owners" who he claims did this to him and who he's taking revenge on. So there you have it.

You mean those chavs who are buying the low cost housing on the site of what used to be a thriving multipurpose garage (Petrol, parts, car sales, MOT, rental, you name it, they did it) that used to employ no less than 8 people??

<slaps face>

Im sorry, I misread you.

Customer sends bailiffs in to seize bank's computers

A man who was fed up with paying massive bank charges decided to give one of the high street giants a taste of its own medicine.

When Royal Bank of Scotland refused to refund £3,400 charges that Declan Purcell believed he was owed, he sent in the bailiffs.

Stunned customers at his branch of RBS watched as debt collectors seized four computers, two fax machines and a till filled with cash.

The branch manager was told that the items would be sold unless RBS came up with the money owed to Mr Purcell.

Only when the manager gave an undertaking that the debt would be paid did the bailiffs leave.

Mr Purcell said: "I think the bank was pretty shocked when the bailiffs went in. But my view is that this is exactly what they would have done to me."

The move, which will raise a cheer from millions of other bank customers, is part of a consumer fightback against bank charges, which net an estimated £4.5 billion every year.

Every time a current account customer goes overdrawn by as little as £1 most banks will charge around £28, even though the administration cost is only about £4.50.

Then every cheque, direct debit, or card transaction that goes through or is bounced incurs another charge of up to £38.

The Office of Fair Trading is investigating whether banks have implemented these charges unlawfully.

The Daily Mail's Fair Play on Charges campaign and that run by the Consumer Action Group have helped thousands reclaim charges in the past year.

Like other customers Mr Purcell, 48, from East London, had warned his bank that he was prepared to go to court to claim back charges he believes were imposed unlawfully.

In June last year he demanded the refund of £3,400 charges he accrued during the previous six years while running a motorcycle dealership.

RBS ignored the claim so in October Mr Purcell filed an online application to get the money back through the county court.

After 30 days the bank had not responded and so on December 10 the court ruled in Mr Purcell's favour.

It ordered RBS to pay the charges and £120 court costs. When RBS again failed to respond Mr Purcell got the court to give him a warrant of execution, allowing him to order debt collectors to reclaim items from the bank equal in value to the amount he was owed.

Finally on Monday, January 8, a team of debt collectors walked into the busy Camden Town branch in North London, demanded to see the manager, showed their court order and announced that they were repossessing items.

Mr Purcell, who now works for London Underground, said: "I was dismayed by the bank's reaction when I made my claim for a refund – it was so rude and arrogant.

"They thought they were above the law, so it is great to know that customers can use the law in the same way the bank does to get money they are owed."

A spokesman for RBS said: "We are looking into this as a matter of urgency, but early indications suggest that unfortunately due to an administrative error, the bank failed to defend the claim leading to a default judgment being obtained on the branch and a resulting warrant.

"The confusion was cleared up at the branch."

Marc Gander, who set up campaign website Consumer Action Group, which helps consumers get refunds from their banks, said: "I am quite sure that Mr Purcell will not be the last person to send bailiffs in to his bank.

"The continued operation by UK high street banks of their unlawful charges regimes will see to that.

"The heavy-handed debt collecting approach is something that the banks have been handing out to their customers for years. Mr Purcell simply gave them a bit of their own back."

This is London

In a world where Paul Collingwood gets an MBE for 7 mins of cricket that man should be given the freedom of London, a knighthood and Buckingham palace for services to the human race.

Good God! I'm inspired! Are we sure that man isn't a saint, the son of god, a reincarnated Budha,

THe next President of the world!

feen5 said:
In a world where Paul Collingwood gets an MBE for 7 mins of cricket ...
A bit of an emerging UL, that - Shane Warne asked him if was proud of his MBE for scoring 7 runs. As it happens, Collingwood scored another 10 in the second innings of the 5th 2005 test, and took a catch, too! I know - whoopy-doo. Let's face it, none of the England players should have got an MBE, but I'm a fan of PC, probably the best fielder in the world today.

I know what you mean Peripart, i'm a fan of his to, if there is a better catcher of a circket ball in the field than i have not seen him. I suppose i was just using that as an example of giving awards for nothing these days. When you have footballers and other sportspeople being called 'heros' for what they get paid to do, actors and actresses being handed out awards because of the way they look rather than anything they have done. The rise of Reality television and Mass media made popstars, the list of the ordinary and banal just seems to get longer and longer.

Those in the football world don't get establishment honours easily, though (unless they're associated with a certain team... :evil:)

Van Vandalism Sinks Wedding Plans

Van vandalism sinks wedding plans

A Cumbrian couple's wedding plans are all at sea after the prospective bride dumped her fiance's work van, and all his clothes, into a harbour.

Following a pub row, Emma Thomason, 24, of Whitehaven, loaded her boyfriend's van with his belongings, then rolled it off a ramp at the town's marina.

The argument started when Jason Wilson, 24, wanted to stay out with friends and Miss Thomason wanted to go home.

Mr Wilson said his employer had been "very good" about the £15,000 damage.

The first he knew of the incident was when he was called by his boss Graham Wilson, 29, who is not related.

The 24-year-old plasterer told reporters: "People had seen the van bobbing around in the water. They called the police, who contacted my boss.

"He was furious, but has been very good about it. I'm very grateful. Emma isn't sorry one little bit. She insists that I am the one in the wrong and that it is all my fault.

"She put every single last item of clothing I had in the back of the van. All I was left with were the clothes I was wearing.

"I haven't told her yet that the wedding is off, but I think she can put two and two together."

The couple, who have been together for seven years and have two children, had booked a £2,000 Caribbean honeymoon just 24 hours earlier.

Miss Thomason is now on police bail after being arrested on suspicion of aggravated vehicle taking without consent.

Police were called to the marina on Sunday night, but it took almost 20 hours to pull the van from the water in a difficult salvage operation, which involved partly draining the harbour.

Mr Wilson's boss admitted he was struggling to see the funny side.

He said: "I'll be asking Jason for an explanation but he's not to blame. She has her own car - why didn't she load his stuff into that and drive it into the marina?

"I just hope the insurance company is prepared to pay out."

Story from BBC NEWS:

Published: 2007/05/18 09:12:10 GMT

© BBC MMVII

Close Window

Slightly OT:
From The TimesMay 24, 2007

Conman who jilted pregnant fianc�e three times told to repay £9,000

Simon de Bruxelles
A man who jilted his fianc�e three times has been ordered to repay thousands of pounds she had given him or go to jail.

Ian Oldford, 41, ran off with £9,000 belonging to a widowed mother of three, Marie Hibberd, when she was five months pregnant with his child.

Gloucester Crown Court had heard that Mrs Hibberd, 37, had become pregnant because Oldford falsely claimed to be suffering from prostate cancer and told her it was his last chance to have a family.

Three times Oldford, a car salesman from Taunton, Somerset, fixed dates for a church wedding and then cancelled at the last minute. On the last occasion Mrs Hibberd received a telephone call 20 minutes before the ceremony was due to start, telling her that he had been in a car accident and had to go to hospital. She never heard from him again.

She later contacted police but there was a long delay before the case was investigated.

Judge Jamie Tabor, QC, told Oldford: “You are a conman and you’ve conned Mrs Hibberd over a long period of time, which was utterly despicable. Three times you told her you would be getting married and three times you called it off. She was a widow and highly vulnerable and, as if that wasn’t enough, you then found someone else.

“This was a terrible breach of trust. Your behaviour was utterly disgraceful.

“If this case had been investigated properly and come to court in 2003 rather than belatedly now, you would have gone straight to prison.”

Deferring the sentence for six months, the judge warned him: “You say you cannot pay back this money. I expect to see £2,000 on the table and a lot more on the way. If you cannot find £2,000 in six months you had better have a good excuse.”

Mrs Hibberd said she had dated Oldford after he dialled a “wrong number” and chatted her up on the telephone.

The money he took had been compensation money awarded after the the death of her husband in a motorcycle accident. He told her he needed it for solicitor’s fees for a house sale and a divorce. He failed to tell her that there was no house sale and he was still married.

Mrs Hibberd was left homeless with three young children and another on the way because she had given up her housing association house to live with Oldford. Part of the money he stole was supposed to be the deposit for their new home.

Oldford pleaded guilty to obtaining £3,500 by deception from Mrs Hibberd on December 7, 2001. He also admitted obtaining a further £5,300 from her a few months later on February 28, 2002.

After the hearing she said: “I ended up being homeless and living with my mum for nine months because of his lies. I reckon he should have gone to prison.”

She said that Oldford had never met his daughter Sian, now aged 4. “Maybe when she is 18 I’ll tell her about her father but for now she is better off not knowing about him.”

Contact our advertising team for advertising and sponsorship in Times Online, The Times and The Sunday Times.

© Copyright 2007 Times Newspapers Ltd

Thief Jailed For Revenge Killing

Thief jailed for revenge killing

A man has been jailed for life for the "brutal murder" of a witness who had testified against him.

Lee Barratt, 20, repeatedly stamped on Joe Mohammed's face as he lay motionless on the ground last year in Epsom, Surrey, where both men lived.

Mr Mohammed was so badly injured paramedics were unable to make out his ethnic origin, the Old Bailey heard.

The judge ordered Barratt, who was convicted at a previous hearing, to serve at least 14 years in prison.

The court heard evidence from Mr Mohammed, 37, in June 2005, had led to Barratt being convicted of stealing a car and brandishing a knife.

The two men then ran into each other last year, and a fight started which led to the death of Mr Mohammed, a car mechanic, in hospital.

Sentencing, Judge Paul Focke said: "This was a brutal murder."

"It is plain that you bore a grudge against him and were determined to obtain revenge as and when opportunity permitted."

Story from BBC NEWS:

Published: 2007/06/01 12:14:42 GMT

© BBC MMVII

What were the paramedics interested in his ethnic origin for? I thought they were supposed to have been trying to save him?

Employee's silent rampage wipes out $2.5m worth of data

By Dan Goodin in San Francisco

Published Thursday 24th January 2008 19:14 GMT

A Florida woman who believed she was about to get fired has been accused of deleting $2.5m worth of computer files to seek revenge on her employer.

Jacksonville Sheriff's officials say Marie Lupe Cooley, 41, used her own account credentials to access the server of Steven E. Hutchins Architects and delete seven years' worth of drawings. The firm's alarm company said someone entered the premises at 11 p.m. on Sunday and was there for about four hours.

Cooley went on her silent rampage after finding a help-wanted ad placed by her boss. It described an open administrative assistant position that sounded remarkably similar to hers.

"She decided to go and mess up everything for everybody," a spokesman for the sheriff's office told FirstCoast News here. "She decided to be spiteful and go in and sabotage the records. And she did a very good job of that."

Firm owner Steven Hutchins said he was able to recover the files. "It was not a sensationalistic amount of money," he told El Reg, referring to the fee he paid a consultant to dredge up the discarded architectural drawings. He declined to say if he had stored backups of the files, which were valued at $2.5m.

Cooley was charged with damage in excess of $1,000 to computers and was released on bail.

As it turned out, the help-wanted ad listed a position available in the office of Hutchins's wife. Cooley's job was never under threat, though it probably is now.

®

In Cork we hiod grudges for generations.

Man held GAA grudge for 25 years
http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/ma ... 46835.html
Saturday, October 19, 2013

A grudge which festered for 25 years in a hurler who was denied a place in a North Cork final for Kildorrery boiled over on the sideline of a recent match when he punched the man he blamed and shouldered his wife.

By Liam Heylin
William Higgins, 53, was convicted yesterday of assaulting publican and former Kildorrery selector Tom Walsh and his wife Noreen after a drawn Junior Hurling Final on Oct 21 last year at Páirc Uí Rinn.

Judge Olann Kelleher said to Higgins of Farrahy, Kildorrery, Co Cork, that he was shocked he had kept a grudge for 25 years.

Mr Walsh said he did not even have anything to do with what Higgins blamed him for 25 years ago. Higgins was sent off in a match in 1988, and faced a suspension that would put him out of contention for a place in a final.

Higgins testified at Cork District Court: “I was told by Tom Walsh in his pub that if I went to apologise to the ref I would be able to play in the final. When I went down, the ref knew nothing about it. I more or less hung myself by going down. We [the team, without Higgins] won the North Cork and I didn’t even get a medal for it.”

Judge Kelleher said: “I can understand that, but I am shocked you kept it for 25 years.”

Noreen Walsh said that, on the day of the match last year, she and her husband were walking down the tunnel towards the dressing rooms when Higgins walked towards them. She said that he shouldered her, leaving her shoulder black and blue.

Tom Walsh said Higgins punched him in the stomach, jaw, and neck and walked away. Mr Walsh said the incident was a contributory factor in his decision to retire as a publican.

Both Mr and Ms Walsh said they were very upset by what happened on the day.

Higgins admitted assaulting Mr Walsh but denied ever having any direct contact with Ms Walsh.

Higgins told his solicitor, Kieran O’Keefe, how he recalled the incident: “As I passed Mrs Walsh I shouldered Thomas Walsh. He said: ‘Hey, hey, you bollocks, come back you bollocks. [Another man] came between us. I hit Mr Walsh on the jaw, knocking him backwards.

“He started calling me a bollocks and a prick and all this kind of thing. He said: ‘You’ll pay for that.’ I said: ‘You had that coming to you for a long time.’ ”

Judge Olann Kelleher said there was no logic to what the defendant did — pleading not guilty to the assault on Thomas Walsh and then coming to court to testify that he did assault him.

Mr O’Keefe’s solicitor said Higgins was never in trouble but this had been “eating at him and festering for 25 years”.

Judge Kelleher put sentencing back for a month. “I will give him an opportunity to see if he can mend some fences in the meantime,” he said.

A Southern California man accused of killing, skinning and eating his ex-girlfriend’s pet rabbit and saying he would do the same to her has been charged with cruelty to an animal and making criminal threats, prosecutors said. Dimitri Diatchenko, 46, killed the rabbit belonging to his former girlfriend after she said that they should no longer be roommates, Los Angeles County Deputy District Attorney Lou Holtz said in a written statement.

Diatchenko then skinned the animal, cooked it and sent step-by-step pictures of the process to his former lover and roommate, Holtz said, adding that when she returned home the defendant threatened to do the same to her. ...

http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/jilted-lover-killed-and-ate-exs-pet-rabbit-302131.html

This is a pretty blatant case of stupid revenge. The stupidity bit largely derives from how 'public' it was ...

South Dakota sheriff loses re-election, fires winning deputy
... A South Dakota sheriff waited a whole minute after polls closed to fire a deputy who undid his re-election bid this week.

Bon Homme County Sheriff Lenny Gramkow fired deputy sheriff Mark Maggs after Maggs defeated him by a vote of 878-331 in Tuesday’s Republican primary election. Maggs posted his time-stamped termination notice signed by Gramkow on Facebook after polls closed.

“As of this moment you are no longer an employee of Bon Homme County,” Gramkow wrote. He didn’t give a reason for the firing. South Dakota is an employment-at-will state where employees can be fired without cause, with exceptions. The state’s sheriffs also have the authority to hire and fire personnel.

Gramkow declined to comment about the firing.

No other candidates filed for the race, meaning that Maggs will assume office in January. But for now, the father of four is out of work. He planned to meet with the county commission on Thursday. ...

SOURCE: https://apnews.com/9712633e305a43e1...eriff-loses-re-election,-fires-winning-deputy

Does that mean, once he has his new appointment, that the ex-deputy will have the power to fire the sheriff?
Well, well.

Does that mean, once he has his new appointment, that the ex-deputy will have the power to fire the sheriff?

The current sheriff will revert to a deputy once the current and now-ex-deputy who won the election takes office as the new sheriff, so - yes ...

At face value, it's difficult to see the current sheriff's firing of the next-sheriff-elect as anything other than an action analogous to what one expects of a petulant toddler.

I've been wondering if there's some angle or context to this situation that casts it in a light different from vengeful and self-defeating idiocy.

The only alternative interpretation I can think of is that there's a problem with higher administrative authorities that makes it advantageous for the new incoming sheriff to be a 'new hire from outside' rather than a 'promotion from within' - e.g., a scenario that would require negotiations on salary, etc., that would have been bypassed in simply promoting a deputy to the top post.

This Belgian man waited three decades to take revenge on a teacher who'd "humiliated" him in his primary school days.
Antwerp: Belgium man admits to revenge murder of former schoolteacher

A 37-year-old Belgian man has confessed to murdering his former schoolteacher because he felt "humiliated".

Gunter Uwents admitted to the killing on Thursday and said he had not come to terms with his victim's behaviour at school, according to judicial sources.

His former teacher, Maria Verlinden, was found dead in a pool of blood in November 2020 at her home in Herentals.

After a 16-month investigation -- involving hundreds of DNA samples -- Uwents eventually admitted to the murder and was arrested on Sunday.

The suspect had given police "detailed explanations" for his "extremely violent" act, according to the Antwerp public prosecutor's office.

Uwents claimed he had struggled in primary school in the 1990s because of Verliden's behaviour. The 59-year-old teacher had humiliated him as a student ...
FULL STORY: https://www.euronews.com/2022/03/17...its-to-revenge-murder-of-former-schoolteacher

This Belgian man waited three decades to take revenge on a teacher who'd "humiliated" him in his primary school days.
My particular daydream as a kid was to wait for my former Primary School teacher to retire whilst I built up some height and bulk. I would then force-feed her boiled cabbage until she was sick "on purpose". Only thing stopping me was I knew the Judge would turn out to be that weird kid at school who liked autoclaved brown cabbage.

Back