The Rosa Lotti Case (Italy; 1954)

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Furthermore ... Conti's report specifically stated that the little men and "spindle" were still in place when Ms. Lotti looked back after traveling some 100m away. ...

NOTE: The Italian WikiUFO article also claims the two little men and the spindle were still in place when she looked back while exiting the scene.

Reactions: BS3

BS3

Abominable Showman
The only real function of / engagement with the interior of the object during the sighting is that first, one of the little men threw some of Lotti's flowers through the hatch; and second, he took a cylindrical 'package' from the interior. Often in these sort of cases there is either a bit of business around entering / exiting the UFO (including via ladders and other such amusingly low tech means of egress) or alternatively the witness is treated to a view of mysterious lights and dials through the hatch or doorway. None of that happens here!

Ronnie Jersey

Justified & Ancient
Perhaps these 'little people' were actually with a 'circus' act that may have been in the area at the time?
And had nothing to do with this vehicle, but were just checking it out?
Just a thought, after looking at their odd attire.

EnolaGaia

Staff member
The only real function of / engagement with the interior of the object during the sighting is that first, one of the little men threw some of Lotti's flowers through the hatch; and second, he took a cylindrical 'package' from the interior. ...

About the "package" bit ... Some accounts don't mention the "older-looking" little man pulling anything out of the object after tossing Ms. Lotti's flowers inside it. Otherwise, there are at least two different versions of what the little man pulled out of the object after giving back some of the flowers he'd taken from Ms. Lotti.

One version claims he pulled two packets or packages from the interior, both of which appeared to be wrapped in newspaper or something that looked like newspaper.

The other version claims he pulled a single brown object (sometimes described as cylindrical) out, held it up, and seemed to be aiming it at Rosa as if he were going to take a snapshot of her with a camera.

Regardless of which package version is cited, the accounts that mention the package indicate it was at this point Rosa got away, or had already moved away while the little man was occupied getting the package(s) out of the object's interior.

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Here's one version of the "package" bit (from the Italian WikiUFO webpage):

... The being drew from the door a cylinder-shaped object (a "roll" or an "ingot"), brown in color and with a smooth surface about twenty centimeters long: he held this object at stomach level, pointing it towards [Rosa] , as if he were about to "take a picture". At this point, the woman, she worried about her, moving away with a brisk step from the place: in doing so, she had the impression that the small figure was handing [her] the brown object. After a few meters she turned and saw that the two beings were following her with their eyes, still standing near the "spindle", talking to each other: then, she continued on her way.
SOURCE (Google-Translated):
https://it-wikiufo-org.translate.go...tr_sl=it&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Here's another version of the "package" bit (from Conti's report) ...

Conti-Xtract-Snatch&Exit.jpg

SOURCE: http://www.ignaciodarnaude.com/avistamientos_ovnis/Conti,Humanoids 1954,Cennina,FSR72V18N5.pdf

Paul_Exeter

Justified & Ancient
If we turn this around, and say what evidence do we have that an illicit still was seen, we still have nothing except, potentially, a hole in the ground. Were there rumours that were recorded? I think that generally locals have a good idea of what is going on in these close-knit rural communities (Luigi's cousin's friend can sell you cheap booze, just don't tell anyone...). The problem with these old cases is that everything amounts to speculation years after whatever happened actually happened, if anything happened at all.
True.

However, I find I always learn something new when discussing these old cases, in fact sometimes quite a lot. It’s always interesting to look for a rational answer/misidentification (if only to stay ahead of the skeptics) but such explanations usually fall short of accounting for all aspects of the case in question.

To my mind, it is the Distortion Theory at work during encounters with an alien/intelligent other. rather than nuts and-bolts spacecraft’ visiting our planet with the exception of some cases that suggest some sort of robotic probe that may have been travelling for millennia and be a very long way from home and it’s creator

Ronnie Jersey

Justified & Ancient
True.

However, I find I always learn something new when discussing these old cases, in fact sometimes quite a lot. It’s always interesting to look for a rational answer/misidentification (if only to stay ahead of the skeptics) but such explanations usually fall short of accounting for all aspects of the case in questio.

To my mind, it is the Distortion Theory at work during encounters with an alien/intelligent other. rather than nuts and-bolts spacecraft’ visiting our planet with the exception of some cases that suggest some sort of robotic probe that may have been travelling for millennia and be a very long way from home and it’s creator
Exactly why I enjoy coming here. Everyone here has a differing viewpoint, all valid and worthy of consideration, and lots of discussion.
This particular case has too many varying reports, too much misinformation. If it happened today, it would have been investigated properly.