• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
When I was young things like bigfoot fascinated me.

But the more I think about things, it seems unlikely that they could survive without ever convincing footage or a smelly corpse being found.

As for oceanic cryptids, they can't be ruled out for the same reason, so they are more likely.

For the record, I absolutely DO believe in some big-foot style creature, but even in my eyes, this is about as obvious a film of a bear as it's possible to get (EDIT: without actually seeing an obvious bear).

Personally I'm the exact opposite, I'm certain there's no such thing as a bigfoot, yowie, yeti, yeren or anything similar, but I don't think that's a bear, so much as someone in a suit.

But the more I think about things, it seems unlikely that they could survive without ever convincing footage.

Well, I think the Patterson-Gimlin film is pretty convincing, but I take your point. I'm thinking small populations, in large scarcely populated areas. I don't know - on balance of probabilities for me, there have been too many eyewitness accounts to dismiss it - rather like UFOs in that respect - completely.

so much as someone in a suit.

Yeah, I hear you, but it frustrates me that the de facto argument against such footage is the dismissive, 'bloke in a suit' one. It seems to me that it's very difficult to trick modern technology simply by dressing up some bloke in a suit. If you're going to hoax it, you're gonna have to do better than a suit these days.

In this case, it's not so much the way it stands up that convinces me, it's the way it acts on the ground. It's snuffling around exactly like a bear. There's no real clear picture of it upright, but bears stand up all the time. So, it looks like a bear, acts like a bear, and it's in bear country. I'm calling bear.

Pietro_Mercurios said:
Got to admit, from the brief glimpse, it looks like a bear. As they stand up, bears sometimes give a sort of shrug, quickly raising their fore limbs, piling their fleshy weight up on their shoulders and bridling their fur, for balance and as a threatening gesture. ...

I'm glad you brought up the 'shrug' bit, because it relates to something that bothers me about the video.

As I looked at the video, I was struck by the way the creature's silhouette seemed to 'ripple' or 'morph' as it stands up. in particular the right arm / right forefoot seems to appear out of nowhere. I can't help thinking something's not quite 'right' about it.

EnolaGaia said:
I'm glad you brought up the 'shrug' bit, because it relates to something that bothers me about the video.

As I looked at the video, I was struck by the way the creature's silhouette seemed to 'ripple' or 'morph' as it stands up. in particular the right arm / right forefoot seems to appear out of nowhere. I can't help thinking something's not quite 'right' about it.

I thought this too. It's CGI (perhaps).

The anomalous sort of morphing effect I saw made me think someone had bit-painted over the frames comprising the stand-up sequence.

Yeah but - would you do the same angle in a Gorilla suit?

I don't know - but I liked the footage of that human girl in high heeled boots! :lol:

Bigfoot or animals? Strange sounds coming from swamp on Umatilla Indian Reservation (listen)

The eerie late-night serenades began in November and emanate from a brushy swamp on the Umatilla Indian Reservation east of Pendleton. The cries range from high-pitched screams to basso profundo roars.

"It's causing an uproar around here," said Sylvia Minthorn, who lives in a tribal housing unit near the swamp, where she used to play as a child.

She's seen grown men's hair stand on end when the shrieks commence.

Colleen Chance, a tribal housing authority employee, keeps a recording of the howls on her iPhone.

"It's kind of spooky," she said. "Some say it's foxes, some say it's a female coyote and some say it's Sasquatch. I don't know what it is."

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-north ... m_a_s.html

You can compare it with the sound of a fisher cat and foxes at this link:

http://fishercatscreech.com/fisher-cat-sound-and-audio/

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/201 ... ml#moretop
Of course you have to take it for what it is without knowing the person reporting it, but it's an interesting story in my opinion. People asking why hunters don't shoot them might not know many hunters, but the ones I know are if anything uptight about ethics and not shooting anything that they aren't going to eat, can identify clearly as that, in season, etc.
Anyway, enjoy the story :)

Russian big foot is an American bear.
http://travel.aol.co.uk/2013/02/03/russian-yeti-is-actually-an-american-bear/?ncid=webmail9
For the last three years, there have been several sightings of a Big Foot-type creature in the Mount Shoria region of southern Russia.

Russian fishermen have reported seeing the hairy creature walking on two legs in the region, while days later some others told Fox News that they "saw some tall animals looking like people".

Just last year, the Daily Mail reported that samples of fur found in a Siberian cave were analysed and scientists discovered that it did not belong to any known animal from the region, such as a bear, wolf or goat.

But now The Sun has given samples of this hair to a leading genetics expert, only to discover that the mysterious creatures is actually an American bear that could have escaped from a circus.

The Sun reports that Professor Bryan Sykes of Oxford University's Wolfson Institute found that one of the long, thick hairs comes from a type of black bear from North America - Ursus americanus. They can grow to be seven feet tall - which would explain why it could have been mistaken for a yeti.

The other two hairs turned out to be from a racoon and a horse.

Experts aren't sure how the bear actually ended up in Russia, especially as this type of bear is never usually found outside America.

Professor Sykes told The Sun: "The hairs did not come from a yeti. The American black bear result was highly unusual. An explanation could be an animal escaped from a circus, zoo or private collection, but it is extraordinary."

There's a mystery where the solution is another mystery. Don't they have their own brand of bears native to Russia? Why import an American one?

Also where the hell did they get hold of raccoon hair from? And why did they submit it this really is odd behavior.

There was a story mentioned on here recently about raccoons being a problem in Germany, so maybe they've spread? Or maybe someone's not on the level?

Army of Nazi raccoons force Germans to admit defeat

Raccoons introduced by the Nazis have officially occupied Germany after experts admitted they are there to stay.

The north American invaders – freed in the wild on the orders of Luftwaffe chief Hermann Goering – broke into houses at the weekend as they sought food and shelter in cold weather.

Masked menace: Raccoons break in to homes to find food and warmth (Picture: AP)
As homeowners complained about furniture being ripped to make cosy nests, the German Hunting Federation said the mammals will never be ousted.

‘The raccoon is firmly established in Germany, this has to be accepted,’ said spokesman Daniel Hoffman.

Magnus Wessel, head of the conservation department at Friends of the Earth Germany, said: ‘Limiting their numbers is pretty much all that can be done.’

Raccoons, which German pest controllers say now number in the millions, often choose to live under houses as they feel safe from predators and can steal food from the bins.

As the cold conditions hit, a couple arrived back from holiday to find one of the animals had climbed down the chimney and eaten all the food in their cupboards in Spessart, Hesse.

A raccoon chased off a cat after breaking in through its flap, eating a packet of biscuits and ripping up a cushion for a nest at a home in Kaiserslautern.

Goering ordered the release of a breeding pair of raccoons when he was the Third Reich’s chief forester in 1934, to give hunters something to shoot.

More got out in 1945 when an Allied bomb hit a farm where they were being reared for their pelts.

http://metro.co.uk/2012/10/28/army-of-n ... at-609094/

I recon they've picked on two animals that...actually I've no idea what they're trying to achieve.

A new bigfoot sighting from Texas - complete with blurry mobile phone pic showing - something...

Bigfoot sighting along Neches River?

“I’m not crazy. I don’t do drugs and I’m not a drinker,” Arceneaux said before telling his tale of seeing not one but two Bigfoot-like creatures huddled together one December morning.

The Nederland native visits Oak Bluff Cemetery about once a month to clean the graves of a friend and a cousin, something he has done for years without incident. But on an overcast, windless day Arceneaux got the fright of his life.

“I heard a blood curdling scream and a lady nearby asked me if I was OK. I told her it wasn’t me,” Arceneaux said as he stood, uneasily, at roughly the same spot where he saw the creatures. “We walked over to the water and looked to the left then straight ahead.”

What he saw next amazed him. Two Bigfoot-like creatures who had been throwing rocks in the water looked across at him and the unknown female. One was standing next to a tree, arms around the trunk and the other was squatted down. As the second creature rose from the crouching position Arceneaux estimated the creature was about eight-foot tall. So he snapped a photo with his phone, he said.

“All of a sudden they started walking then running through the woods,” he said of the bipedal creatures. “When they began to run, the lady said ‘I’m leaving’ and left. I stayed a few more seconds and then thought there may be a way for them to cross here so I left, scared.”

Arceneaux said he could see the face of the creature “clear as day.” There was hair from the mouth down like a man and when the creature turned he could see hair hanging down its arm.

More and the pic at this link: http://panews.com/local/x2056620313/Big ... ches-River

Strange Creature Photographed in Rural Pennsylvania

Something weird is lurking in the snowy forests of Pennsylvania, and one woman claims to have captured evidence of it on camera.

A woman named Polly took to Facebook a few days ago in order to post this photograph of a “sasquatch” that was snapped on her friend’s rural property. Like all great images of mystery creatures, the digital zoom has been clearly cranked to a max, making any kind of fine detail next to impossible to define, but it appears to show a gangly, crouched creature moving on all fours. Polly told Facebookers that the creature didn’t fear humans and moved like a juvenile primate:

A friend of mine lives in Pennsylvania and saw this as she called her dogs in. She was scared, because it didnt run off. She has 2 big black Chows. We think she saw a baby sasquatch. And that is what she thinks also, because she has never seen anything like this. She knows what a bear looks like, and she said it looked like a little gorilla. – Polly

The gangly beast does’t seem to fit the profile of other Bigfoot snapshots, so many commenters have taken to referring to it as a “troll”.

My first thought, and maybe I play way too many video games, is that the beast looks an awful lot like one of the Grunt’s from Halo. Someone get Master Chief on the the line.

Blurry photo of "something" at the link:

http://whofortedblog.com/2013/03/04/str ... nsylvania/

Zilch5 said:
Strange Creature Photographed in Rural Pennsylvania

Blurry photo of "something" at the link:

http://whofortedblog.com/2013/03/04/str ... nsylvania/
While a troll would be quite the discovery, here's a photo of a bear with mange, which is much more likely and looks very much like the pic.
2204bear-black-mange-fla-2002.jpg

Even the "it didn't walk like a bear" statement is from someone that's probably not seen to many without their fur coats that disguise the movement of the underlying limbs.

dreeness said:
Compare the "troll" thing with this thing:

http://www.bigfoot-lives.com/html/is_this_bigfoot.html

Also from Pennsylvania.

"In my opinion, it appears to be a juvenile sasquatch," said Paul Majeta...

Yes, it looks just like all the juvenile sasquatches I've ever seen. :lol: Sorry, I just find that statement hilarious.

Bigfoot or bear with bad skin?: The jury's out.

Where did they find a jury that was offered those two choices and haven't returned a verdict?

The only reason I don't immediately think "bear" when I see these two Pennsylvanian beasties is because of the hunched form. They do look to be the same thing. The bear with mange picture didn't really look like either. I'd also offer the option of an escaped primate. Otherwise, if we assume this is an unknown animal, it seems to me in six years we've got clearer evidence of the existence of a primarily quadrupedal cryptid in Pennsylvania than we've obtained for bigfoot in many decades.

The only reason I don't immediately think "bear" when I see these two Pennsylvanian beasties is because of the hunched form

Oh, I dunno - you shave a bear and it looks really bizarre, as in the picture above. Depending on the posture/gait at the time, I can quite believe the hunched form as a bear.

Sergeant_Pluck said:
The only reason I don't immediately think "bear" when I see these two Pennsylvanian beasties is because of the hunched form

Oh, I dunno - you shave a bear and it looks really bizarre

*Runs off to get hair clippers and limited edition steiff* ;)

Back