• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Manbeast DNA Investigations & Discoveries Incl Sykes, Ketchum

Anome_ said:
To be fair, I don't think anyone was expecting lemur.

Were lemurs members of The Spanish Inquisition?

Anome_ said:
To be fair, I don't think anyone was expecting lemur. There's little chance the progeny of a human-lemur crossbreeding would be fertile. Or even viable.

She surely deserves points for a very original brand of insane, impossible theory, though.

gncxx said:
Anome_ said:
To be fair, I don't think anyone was expecting lemur.

Were lemurs members of The Spanish Inquisition?

Only the devout ones. And the aye-ayes, who were in it just for the craic.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

On the contrary, everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition as they gave you 14 days notice before visiting, according to QI!

I think so, but on the rescheduled date they don't tell you morning or afternoon so you have wait in all bloody day.

Whenever they did turn up, it would always be just after you put the kettle on for a cup of tea. The jammy beggars.

Oh here we go! Anunaki/Nephilim/Angel Sasquatch.
http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/201 ... ml#moretop

Before publishing her paper on Bigfoot DNA, Dr. Melba Ketchum and her camp shot down rumors that her paper would be including the theory that Bigfoot is of extraterrestrial origins, or may have came from Angels -- also suggesting that Bigfoot may have biblical origins. Ketchum outright denied any of it was true and explained to Jay of Bizzare Zoology that it "was not said by anyone on our team , but someone else on the outside. That is very much a false rumor."

It appears she is doing exactly this on Facebook. Screenshot at link.

Bigfoot DNA Tests: Melba Ketchum's Research Results Are Bogus, Claims Houston Chronicle Report

A Texas vet who claims to have DNA proof that Bigfoot is real went on the attack against a journalist who said her evidence comes from a small woodlands creature.

It's been five years since Texas veterinarian and genetics researcher Melba Ketchum began studying DNA samples from a creature she calls Bigfoot. She published her findings in a "scientific journal," though the only article to appear in the DeNovo Journal of Science was Ketchum's study, a fact that drew plenty of criticism from scientists and reporters.

Fed up by this hazy proof of "Sasquatch genomes," Houston Chronicle reporter Eric Berger sent some of Ketchum's DNA samples to an independent geneticist for analysis.

The result? The 100 DNA samples that Ketchum claimed proved the existence of a hybrid mix between homo sapiens and an unknown primate were actually the genetic makeup of ... an opossum.

Now it's a matter of he-Squatch she-Squatch.

From the Houston Chronicle's July 1 revelation:

If the evidence backed up Ketchum’s claims, I had a blockbuster story. My geneticist source would have a hand in making the scientific discovery of the decade, or perhaps the century. Ketchum would be vindicated ... Alas, I met my geneticist friend this past week and I asked about the Bigfoot DNA. It was, he told me, a mix of opossum and other species. No find of the century.

That said, Berger wouldn't reveal his geneticist over worries that the man would catch heat for giving time to a mythical creature.

Ketchum was outraged by Berger's article, telling HuffPost Weird News this morning, "He's just out there to create drama."

She bristled at the criticism and said Berger's work is scientifically flawed.

"This is unbelievable -- my study is a legitimate study," she said. "There's no credibility in his study whatsoever ... There's jealousy out there."

A total of 111 specimens of alleged Sasquatch hair, blood, skin and other tissues formed the basis of Ketchum's study. The samples came from several groups at sites covering 14 states and two Canadian provinces, she said.

Reputable journals originally agreed to publish her work, she claims, but backed down because publishing a study about Bigfoot would "destroy the editors' reputations." So she acquired the DeNovo journal and published it herself.

To settle the discrepancy between her research and Berger's article, Ketchum wants a new independent study. She'd allow it if she's able to watch the testing herself, because "the samples may have been switched" by Berger.

It would appear, unless Berger is flat-out lying, that the only big foot here is the one that crushed Ketchum's findings.

Moral of the story? Opossums are still pretty cool.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/0 ... weird-news

And the original article:

http://blog.chron.com/sciguy/2013/07/i- ... t-i-found/

Hikers capture 'bigfoot' on film
Hikers in Canada have filmed what crypto-zoologists are hoping is evidence of the existence of the Sasquatch.
[video]
12:00AM BST 30 Jul 2013

A hiking couple have claimed that new footage they shot while walking in the Canadian wilderness shows the legendary bigfoot. The claim is the latest in a long series of reported sightings in Canada over the past few years.

The video, allegedly shot in Mission, British Columbia, shows a large, gangling figure possibly covered in black hair, loping over a forest hilltop.
Although filmed from a distance, it is possible to make out the figure emerging from behind a tree. It is visible for around 20 seconds, before appearing to punch a few leaves out of the way and disappearing out of sight.

According to crypto-zoology website 'Legend Tracker', the couple were on a hiking holiday when they spotted the mythical creature in the distance and began to film.

The tantalising footage has left bigfoot believers hoping that experts can examine it and therefore prove that the legendary ape-like sasquatch does indeed live in the forests of North America.

At the beginning of July, Texas veterinarian Melba Ketchum claimed to have proved the existence of sasquatch with DNA evidence, however, the 'sample' she provided turned out to contain mostly opossum DNA, mixed in with markers from other animals.

Sasquatch is a Native American term meaning “hairy giant”. Footage filmed in Mantitoba in 2005 appeared to show a large apelike creature, although it was too grainy to be conclusive

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvid ... -film.html

Could be anywhere on the spectrum from real-deal to hoax, for my money!

No problem, I'll be posting another summary about the bigfoot episode there tomorrow. Although there really isn't much to say about that one.

Did anyone see last night's episode about the almasty and Zana? I wasn't expecting much after last week's utterly disappointing US Bigfoot episode but this was a pleasant surprise: they got DNA from her son's skull, and her 3 surviving relatives ( none of who looked any different from anyone else in the area) They all had traces of sub Saharan DNA: Georgia and Abkhazia were part of the Ottoman empire and African slaves were imported there. Maxim Gorky visited Abkhazia in the 1920s and encountered ex slaves . However the traces may have been ancient. Were Zana and other almasty treated so badly because they had been slaves?
Whatever she may have looked like, Zana was homo sapiens sapiens.

What do you mean Zana and other Almasty? Zana wasn't an Almasty she was an African.

The suggestion was that almasty might all be the result of some ancient northward migration from Africa. Can't recall his name but the man who excavated her son's remains mentioned accounts of almasty talking : given that and the apparent ease with which they had become hairy and cold tolerant it seems plausible. There aren't many accounts of almasty having drastically un-human characteristics and those are of course unverified.

Some of the human findings could be indicating a subgroup of hairy, large in many cases, humans, who for whatever reason have decided to live in remote forests and mountains, shunning us and hiding from us.
I'll tell you what I have many days when that idea sounds great.

Has this already been posted? It's a programme called 'Bigfoot Files' with Mark Evans (vet from the dissecting big animals programme amongst others) and a scientist from Oxford, Professor Bryan Sykes.
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/bigf ... od#3609172
It's so well done, it's such a breath of fresh air compared to the usual sensationalist nonsense. They meet and interview several bigfoot believers / witnesses who have hair samples they believe come from the creatures. Prof. Sykes analyses the samples to find out what animals they come from. And the way the Mark and Bryan interact with the people is so sensitively done. I thought it was extremely good.

There are two other programmes which I've not seen yet, one from the Himalayas and one from Russia... If only I didn't have to get up early for work eh.

There are two other programmes which I've not seen yet, one from the Himalayas and one from Russia..

I haven't seen the Bigfoot or Yeti episodes but the almasty episode is well worth watching, they very thoroughly solved the mystery of Zana, long thought to be a vaguely hominid creature but in fact homo sapiens sapiens .
Discussed here somewhere at the time but I can't find it now.

i have seen the yeti and almasty episodes, both very good, i watched them on youtube but cant find the bigfoot one on there, is it worth selling my soul to channel 4 in order to watch it?

is it worth selling my soul to channel 4 in order to watch it?

Know what you mean, it's infuriating having to 'sign in' to watch something punctuated by adverts.
It's like so many other bigfoot docs, the witnesses have never been in any other programmes and the "hunters" just seem like utter crackpots. The evidence turned up DNA matches with everything from bears to porcupines, including that of the star witness who claimed to have shot two squatches.
He said he left the bodies out there over winter without taking any bits for evidence and the only piece of flesh remaining the following spring was from a bear.
None of these programmes ever feature the likes of the Big Foot Research Organization, who have done their homework and are quite rigorous about evidence and hoaxes. It's always guys in baseball caps who are convinced bigfoot's favourite food is tinned peaches or candy bars.

Back