• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Hikers capture 'bigfoot' on film
Hikers in Canada have filmed what crypto-zoologists are hoping is evidence of the existence of the Sasquatch.
[video]
12:00AM BST 30 Jul 2013

A hiking couple have claimed that new footage they shot while walking in the Canadian wilderness shows the legendary bigfoot. The claim is the latest in a long series of reported sightings in Canada over the past few years.

The video, allegedly shot in Mission, British Columbia, shows a large, gangling figure possibly covered in black hair, loping over a forest hilltop.
Although filmed from a distance, it is possible to make out the figure emerging from behind a tree. It is visible for around 20 seconds, before appearing to punch a few leaves out of the way and disappearing out of sight.

According to crypto-zoology website 'Legend Tracker', the couple were on a hiking holiday when they spotted the mythical creature in the distance and began to film.

The tantalising footage has left bigfoot believers hoping that experts can examine it and therefore prove that the legendary ape-like sasquatch does indeed live in the forests of North America.

At the beginning of July, Texas veterinarian Melba Ketchum claimed to have proved the existence of sasquatch with DNA evidence, however, the 'sample' she provided turned out to contain mostly opossum DNA, mixed in with markers from other animals.

Sasquatch is a Native American term meaning “hairy giant”. Footage filmed in Mantitoba in 2005 appeared to show a large apelike creature, although it was too grainy to be conclusive

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvid ... -film.html

Could be anywhere on the spectrum from real-deal to hoax, for my money!

rynner2 said:
Could be anywhere on the spectrum from real-deal to hoax, for my money!

My thoughts exactly. The only thing that will ever prove their existence will be a dead body found somewhere.

Sasquatch cited in mine hearings

Most people consider the sasquatch a legendary creature, but the mythical bush man of northern B.C. received its fair share of attention at environmental review hearings into the proposed New Prosperity gold and copper mine.

While most of the attention focused on more tangible creatures like trout, salmon and grizzly bears, members of First Nations community have repeatedly brought up the sasquatch during community hearings over the past three weeks.

In most cases, the aboriginal speakers talked about the ape-like man in the context of legend, but others treated sasquatches as something the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency panel should seriously consider. It is studying a proposal by Taseko Mines to construct an open-pit facility about 125 km south of Williams Lake.

Former Esdilagh chief Thomas Billyboy said not only has he noticed grizzly bears leaving the Cariboo - which he attributes to increased development in the region - he said sasquatches have been leaving, too. Billyboy interpreted the movement of all the animals as a sign everything in the Chicoltin area could die if more industry is allowed to set up camp in the area.[/b[

Billyboy told the panel that he's heard that sasquatches have been spotted as far away as Vanderhoof.

"I'm not kidding you," he said. "One fella said there's something really stinking in the bush when he was coming back and the image of a person standing there."

Other speakers told the panel about the cultural value sasquatches play in their society.

During hearings in Tl'etinqox-tin, Angelina Stump told the panel that her people's oral history includes a time many generations ago when animals spoke directly with people. At that point in their history, the aborginals had to kill the sasquatches or risk being killed themselves.

"If that did not happen, to this day they might have taken us over if that did not happen," she said of the sasquatches. "That is what I hear."

Also at Tl'etinqox-tin, university student Colton Phillips said the story of the last sasquatch was an important component of a culture camp he recently attended. He said the creature is buried near a place where a woman was turned into rock and three dogs were transformed into stone.

"The sasquatch story happened up right on top of this mountain here," he told the panel. "It's history over there. You can walk up and probably try to find that cave."

Meanwhile, Esdilagh First Nation Chief Bernie Elkins spoke of the sasquatch during both his opening and closing remarks, but he used to creature to lighten the mood in the hearing room.

"Just watch out for the sasquatch on your way out," he said.

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/arti ... e-hearings

‘Squatch Watch: 92 Years of Bigfoot Sightings in the US and Canada made into a Map

Every now and then a dataset comes along that just has to be mapped. This is one of those times.

Bigfoot. Sasquatch. Skookum. Yahoo. Whatever you call it, the towering man-like ape is a folklore staple. From stories of Yeti in the Himalayas to Wildmen in the Pacific Northwest, people have been talking about and trying to find the creature for ages. Occasionally, some form of evidence – like Patterson’s famous 1967 film – emerges and either feeds our fascination or gets dismissed as a hoax. In either case, it’s easy to see why believers search for proof and skeptics remain doubtful.

Through archival work and reports submitted directly to their website, the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization has amassed a database of thousands of sasquatch sightings. Each report is geocoded and timestamped. Occasionally, even photos and videos of the alleged evidence are included. I’m not quite sure how I stumbled across this, but I’m glad I did.

After crawling the data and converting it to a more convenient format, I mapped and graphed all 3,313 sightings that were reported from 1921 to 2013

Map at the link: http://www.joshuastevens.net/visualizat ... nd-canada/

Zilch5 said:
‘Squatch Watch: 92 Years of Bigfoot Sightings in the US and Canada made into a Map

Every now and then a dataset comes along that just has to be mapped. This is one of those times.

Bigfoot. Sasquatch. Skookum. Yahoo. Whatever you call it, the towering man-like ape is a folklore staple. From stories of Yeti in the Himalayas to Wildmen in the Pacific Northwest, people have been talking about and trying to find the creature for ages. Occasionally, some form of evidence – like Patterson’s famous 1967 film – emerges and either feeds our fascination or gets dismissed as a hoax. In either case, it’s easy to see why believers search for proof and skeptics remain doubtful.

Through archival work and reports submitted directly to their website, the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization has amassed a database of thousands of sasquatch sightings. Each report is geocoded and timestamped. Occasionally, even photos and videos of the alleged evidence are included. I’m not quite sure how I stumbled across this, but I’m glad I did.

After crawling the data and converting it to a more convenient format, I mapped and graphed all 3,313 sightings that were reported from 1921 to 2013

Map at the link: http://www.joshuastevens.net/visualizat ... nd-canada/
Quoth the raven, 404.

A search of his blog turns up links to it, but it currently doesn't exist.

Scratches head...I can see it... :?:

jAZ9X.jpg

We live in a part of Texas on the edge of the Big Thicket, and although we are in a very developed suburb of Houston, there are numerous reports of Bigfoot sightings here. Even though we have cars and traffic and doctors offices, we still see a lot of wildlife in the form of deer, coyotes, wild pigs and other woodland creatures. On a few rare occasions we've heard coyotes yipping and screaming in the wooded bayou area behind our house late at night. I've never seen a Bigfoot and I probably never will. But one day my wife told me she'd heard a horrible scream coming from the bayou around 1 or 2 in the morning. I was sleeping when she heard it and she said it was very loud and she had no idea what might've caused it, but NOT a human. I didn't think too much of it at the time, but about a year later it was about 1:30 in the morning and I was sitting at my desk when we both heard a loud blood curdling scream coming from out back. She said that's the same scream she'd heard before. I had no idea WHAT might've caused that noise, but I knew it couldn't have been a human. Since that time I've heard some audio clips of purported Bigfoot screams on the internet, and I gotta say that's what we heard. I wouldn't and couldn't say we heard a Bigfoot, but I think it's an interesting connection between what we heard from outside and the alleged Bigfoot screams I've heard on the internet.

For a control, compare to the calls of gray foxes and bobcats, both of which are possibilities for the area (though bobcats are less so). I presume you'd know an angry cat if you heard one.

and I gotta say that's what we heard. I wouldn't and couldn't say we heard a Bigfoot, but I think it's an interesting connection between what we heard from outside and the alleged Bigfoot screams I've heard on the internet

What makes you think that the internet screams are anything other than the result of another two people who like you hearing a scream they can't account for, but unlike you jumping to a conclusion, and posting it on the net under the bigfoot label.

and I gotta say that's what we heard. I wouldn't and couldn't say we heard a Bigfoot, but I think it's an interesting connection between what we heard from outside and the alleged Bigfoot screams I've heard on the internet

What makes you think that the internet screams are anything other than another two people who like you heard a scream they can't account for, but unlike you jumped to a conclusion.

I'm well aware that the screams I've heard on the 'net could be almost anything. The stories that accompany the audio clips are part of the overall package, and if someone says the recording was made by a team of researchers who knew they were a great distance from the nearest road or known human activity and that they were convinced the screams were Bigfoot, then I think it's interesting to note. That's all. Yes, the audio clip could've been a drunken teenage prank, or a hoax. Quite likely that's the case. But I do know what I heard, myself, in the wee hours of the morning in my own back yard. I seriously doubt any human could make a noise like what I heard. I'm not a naturalist or a hunter and I'm no expert in animal noises. Maybe a couple foxes were makin' babies and that's what fox sex sounds like, I dunno. All I'm saying is that I heard something very unusual one night, and I can find the same screaming that is PURPORTED by someone to be what they consider to be Bigfoot screams.

I'm well aware that the screams I've heard on the 'net could be almost anything. The stories that accompany the audio clips are part of the overall package, and if someone says the recording was made by a team of researchers who knew they were a great distance from the nearest road or known human activity and that they were convinced the screams were Bigfoot, then I think it's interesting to note. That's all...

Of course, please excuse me for a fairly inane post, it was a fair and valid point you made.

TWO Bigfoots? Hiker Shoots Clear Photos Of 'Moving Beasts' In Pennsylvania

First, a crack team of veterinarians and scientists regurgitated a press release claiming that they had DNA evidence of Bigfoot's existence. That "evidence" was and likely still is bogus.

But are these photos real?

Pennsylvania hiker John Stoneman says he was driving his car through Kinzua State Park when he noticed not one, but two hulking creatures lurking in the woods. He slowed down and took the photographs, which do indeed appear to show at least one giant apelike creature behind some trees.

He told the HNGN, "I'm a skeptic myself. I'm not a believer, but this was not a bear and you can see fur on it ... It's wider at the shoulders and tapers down whereas a bear is bigger in the middle and stands differently with its paws out -- this was standing like a man, like a Bigfoot."

The 57-year-old noted that black bears in the area are much smaller than the apparent creature he captured in pictures two weeks ago. The photos haven't been verified, but Stoneman says he's never seen anything like the creature before.

'Squatch sightings are a lot more common on the East Coast than you might think. Josh Stevens, a doctoral candidate at Pennsylvania State University, released a map last month that shows 92 years of Sasquatch sightings (see that map here). The map shows that in densely populated, wooded areas of the U.S., all have their fair share of Bigfoot sightings, including rural Pennsylvania.

SOURCE: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/0 ... Weird+News

Individual URL's for the Photos:

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1385743/thumb ... -900.jpg?6

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1385747/thumb ... -900.jpg?6

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1385751/thumb ... -900.jpg?5

Could be a black bear (if they get those looking like that in this neck of the woods), could be yer actual Bigfeet, but could also be someone fannying about in gorilla costumes. We may never know (but we could guess).

Well, that wraps that one up. Pity, I was hoping for the gorilla suit option.

There's an idea. Tree stump in a gorilla suit...

If THAT is the real Bigfoot, then he has shot a human like being, not an animal and is a murderer.

You've got to hand it to Rick Dyer. Repeatedly at it with various hoaxes. Yet they still link to his stuff on the bigfoot forums and sites. I bet he thinks they deserve it, and I think maybe he's right as long as they pay any attention to him.

A man who says he hunts ‘Bigfoot’ for a living claims to have killed the mythical beast and has apparently got pictures to prove it, despite making similar assertions in 2008 that turned out to be false.

‘Sasquatch hunter’ Rick Dyer apparently shot the elusive creature in September 2012 but has only recently decided to release the images.

One of the pictures shows the hairy face of the apparent Bigfoot.

‘Every test that you can possibly imagine was performed on this body – from DNA tests to 3D optical scans to body scans,’ Mr Dyer told San Antonio TV station KSAT.

‘It is the real deal. It’s Bigfoot and Bigfoot’s here, and I shot it and now I’m proving it to the world.’

Doubts have been cast over the recent ‘discovery’ with many saying it’s hard to believe Mr Dyer as he has lied before.
http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/05/bigfoot-h ... t-4250325/

Back