• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
There's an article here that has an interview with Rick, I can't get it work myself.

Alleged Bigfoot Body, Houston Visit Details Released

Alamo Drafthouse confirms that self-described Bigfoot Tracker Rick Dyer will display his alleged Bigfoot Body at the theater in Katy on Febryary 24 and at the Vintage Park Location on February 25. A posting on the Alamo Drafthouse Houston website says, in part:

http://news92fm.com/411553/alleged-bigf ... -pictures/

One up on the usual crusty squatter.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/18/bigfoot-detroit_n_4809180.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news

Witness Says Bigfoot Might Be Squatting In Detroit's Abandoned Houses

The Huffington Post. Ashley Woods. 18.September.2014

You're a nice family driving through the outskirts of Detroit, shopping for a new house. What you don't expect to see on your real estate tour: a "strange, ape-like creature" climbing out of the window of an abandoned home.

A man named C. Brown told Cryptozoology News that he, his wife and two children spent three hours in the car last Thursday, searching for a new neighborhood to move to in Detroit. Not finding anything suitable, they decided to turn around and head home. Passing by a two-story blue home with broken windows, Brown's wife saw something moving inside. They slowed the vehicle to get a better look.

From Cryptozoology News, where you can read the full story of The Browns' sighting:
"We see this hairy arm reaching out the window. I say what the hell, he gonna get cut that dude with the broken glass, man. Then a whole body coming out the window, looked like a monkey, only big damn monkey with a stick on the hand. Maybe about 7-ft tall. It had short, reddish hair. But hold on, the face was human looking, as crazy as it sounds. My wife kept telling me to drive away, so we did. I got to see the animal’s eyes and all, big and dark, with a huge head, like a triangle shape, kinda, know what I mean?"
The mythical creature referred to as Bigfoot or, alternatively, Sasquatch and Yeti, has a history of being spotted in Michigan -- although sightings of the man-sized animal are rare. In 1990, footprints measuring two feet wide and a foot long were spotted in snow covering a vacant lot in the city.

Last month, a man in Midland, Mich. approached authorities with evidence including alleged Bigfoot scat, empty pizza boxes and photos, which he says proves that Bigfoot had been shape-shifting and eating pizza on his property for almost a decade.

The state's much less populated Upper Peninsula has been the location for two recent televised Bigfoot scoutings. On Spike TV's "10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty: 36 Hours Of Hell," which aired last week, two teams staged a 36-hour hunt for the mythical creature in the wilderness near Lake Superior, armed with a baby doll soaked in cow's blood (strange that didn't work out). In January, Animal Planet interviewed people who claim to have spotted the bear-sized animal in cities across the Upper Peninsula.
Full links at link.

Erm.. shome mishtake, shurely?
The Huffington Post said:
..In 1990, footprints measuring two feet wide and a foot long were spotted in snow covering a vacant lot in the city.
Were they looking at them the right way?

As for Rick Dyer, he's the Squatchin' equivalent of Jeffrey Archer - "No, honest, this time it's really true..". Get Bryan Sykes on the case - once he says it's kosher, I'll listen a bit more attentively.

Has this already been posted? It's a programme called 'Bigfoot Files' with Mark Evans (vet from the dissecting big animals programme amongst others) and a scientist from Oxford, Professor Bryan Sykes.
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/bigf ... od#3609172
It's so well done, it's such a breath of fresh air compared to the usual sensationalist nonsense. They meet and interview several bigfoot believers / witnesses who have hair samples they believe come from the creatures. Prof. Sykes analyses the samples to find out what animals they come from. And the way the Mark and Bryan interact with the people is so sensitively done. I thought it was extremely good.

There are two other programmes which I've not seen yet, one from the Himalayas and one from Russia... If only I didn't have to get up early for work eh.

There are two other programmes which I've not seen yet, one from the Himalayas and one from Russia..

I haven't seen the Bigfoot or Yeti episodes but the almasty episode is well worth watching, they very thoroughly solved the mystery of Zana, long thought to be a vaguely hominid creature but in fact homo sapiens sapiens .
Discussed here somewhere at the time but I can't find it now.

i have seen the yeti and almasty episodes, both very good, i watched them on youtube but cant find the bigfoot one on there, is it worth selling my soul to channel 4 in order to watch it?

is it worth selling my soul to channel 4 in order to watch it?

Know what you mean, it's infuriating having to 'sign in' to watch something punctuated by adverts.
It's like so many other bigfoot docs, the witnesses have never been in any other programmes and the "hunters" just seem like utter crackpots. The evidence turned up DNA matches with everything from bears to porcupines, including that of the star witness who claimed to have shot two squatches.
He said he left the bodies out there over winter without taking any bits for evidence and the only piece of flesh remaining the following spring was from a bear.
None of these programmes ever feature the likes of the Big Foot Research Organization, who have done their homework and are quite rigorous about evidence and hoaxes. It's always guys in baseball caps who are convinced bigfoot's favourite food is tinned peaches or candy bars.

That thing makes off into the woods rather faster than you might expect of someone in a gorilla suit.
Then again it's yet another distant blurred subject .
Of course we don't know if that's a river or not but they made no attempt to reach the spot and look for footprints in the snow, a rare opportunity to gain some substantiating evidence.
If it was a suit and the wearer was in cahoots with the family would they go to all that trouble just to shoot some easily dismissable images?

Fisherman Says He Saw Bigfoot Bathing ... And He Sent Us A Picture!

One occupational hazard of reporting on unexplained phenomena: You can always count on waking up in the morning to find an email from someone swearing that they've just seen Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, a hybrid human alien or a UFO on the moon.

2015 began with a photo from John Rodriguez, a 66-year-old retired electrician, who claims that he was fishing Dec. 26 on the Hillsborough River near northeast Tampa, Florida, and came upon an incredible sight.

"I fish for gar in the river and I bring my camera to take pictures of the birds and what not. I heard a squishing sound, looked over and saw this thing walking through the water and crouch down in the duck weed. It did not look like a guy in a suit -- it was definitely an animal. I took this picture and got out of there as fast as I could."

So, what are we to make of this fantastic tale? Did Rodriguez take the clearest, most definitive picture to date of Bigfoot?

Not so fast, according to Ben Hansen, lead investigator of the Syfy Channel's "Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files" series.

"It's a relief to finally have a clear picture of the creature," Hansen, a former FBI agent, told HuffPost. "Every other photo and video we get is usually too blurry or the Bigfoot too obscured in brush to allow for any useful identification. Thanks to the clear photo, I'm excited to announce that the photographer has captured a real-life... gorilla in a Bigfoot suit!"

"To be more precise, the face of a gorilla that has been digitally added to the photo with editing software. Although I originally suspected the creature suit was actually in the water when the photo was taken, I started to notice shadows in front of the Bigfoot that appeared to be an inconsistent length and shape with the rest of the photo."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...hing_n_6407272.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Bigfoot recorded off Yellowstone Old Faithful Webcam?

Here is the video of the "skunk ape" which raised the snark from Huffpo
I like the phrase, 'For those who do believe, you really can't get much better than this.' Because I've seen much better video footage than that for some pretty rare animals. I've got a David Attenborough boxset of DVDs that's full of much better video footage of all kinds of creatures. And, that's the kind of thing I'd be looking for before I'd say you couldn't get much better.

Some scientists support sasquatch.

5 of them, according to that article. I read another interview with Jane Goodall, where she phrased her hope that bigfoot exists more as wishful thinking. It was more about her being a romantic than about the evidence she said.

Beg to differ. In Healey and Cropper's "The Yowie - in Search of Australia's Bigfoot", they devote a great deal of coverage to aboriginal legends (in which, despite several dialectic names, the description of a large hairy hominid is startlingly consistent) and then to colonial reports dating from the mid 19th Century, made by white pioneers, in which Yowie appearance and behaviour is also remarkably consistent, and indeed remains so to the present day. They document (and carefully source-cite) about 300 sightings.

And, once again like Bigfoot, many of the sightings are by trained observers: soldiers, cops - and again of which many are people who know what they're looking at - wildlife rangers, guides, etc.

I find it harder to accept a sociological or cultural explanation for the Yowie, and indeed Bigfoot, than to accept a biological one TBH.

G'day Stuneville, According to some of the Old Ones, the word yowie, and the physical manifestation of it is more akin to spirit being, rather than a descriptor for a physical being.

Every year the fruit just seemed to disappear overnight off my apple and pear trees. Also the birdseed used to vanish without a trace. I thought it was raccoon or something and so I set up a camera. This is what it was caught on camera. You can make up your own mind as to what it is.
So Bigfoot eats birdseed? I dunno. It just looks like a chap draped in a black sheet to me.

So Bigfoot eats birdseed? I dunno. It just looks like a chap draped in a black sheet to me.
It was handy that the person filming it just happened to have there camera on a tripod and pointing at the window though ... ;)

It was handy that the person filming it just happened to have there camera on a tripod and pointing at the window though ... ;)

...or maybe he had witnessed something strange on his land, several times before.

...or maybe he had witnessed something strange on his land, several times before.
Maybe so to be fair. I wonder what that silver looking garden furniture is in the background .. the object on the left looks a bit like an alien head sculpture.

I did some experimentation in Gimp. Not much better, but you can see the outline of the "body" or whatever it is.
bigfoot.png

Back