• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Found this listing via the Sasquatch People FB page for an upcoming documentary to be broadcast on the Canadian cable channel APTN, (Aboriginal Peoples Television Network), sounds interesting, hopefully it will be uploaded to YouTube after broadcast or streamed on the channel's site,

''Saquatch'n: to be aired on January 30, 11 am, on APTN...

This documentary made by two Haida filmmakers presents the Sasquatch from the perspectives of Natives Elders and medicine societies(...)''

Sasquatch’n –
11am January 30
We’ve all heard the Sasquatch stories, but is there more to know? This documentary digs deep into the Indigenous experience to uncover surprising little-known sightings and spiritual messages that might change what you thought you knew about Sasquatch.

http://aptn.ca/reelinsights/schedule/sasquatchn-january-30/

*Edit

Just found this article on the film and the people behind it, Haida film-makers Kerr Moraes-Sugiyama, and Tamara Bell, says it's been doing the festival rounds so I reckon it should get a DVD release at some point,

http://www.windspeaker.com/news/windspeaker-news/sasquatch-connected-to-end-of-time-prophecy/

Last edited:
If it only was the natives in North America who is able to see this creature, it would be easier to dismiss it as a cultural phenomena, but also the colonists continues to see the creature all the way up modern time.

I'll give it the stamp of PLAUSIBLE.
plausible.png

Last edited:
Just discovered a case which was new to me, the 1976 Abair Road, NY sighting by brothers Paul and Brian Gosselin (Brian was on duty as a police officer when he had his sighting). There's an interesting account of the case with an obituary for Gosselin (he passed away May 16, 2015) over on Loren Coleman's site, http://www.cryptozoonews.com/gosselin-obit/

Paul Gosselin, 57, Abair Road Bigfoot Eyewitness Dies

Paul R. Gosselin, 57, of Troy, New York, died on Saturday, May 16, 2015, at St. Mary’s Hospital with his wife, Rhonda, by his side. Paul was the main eyewitness, as a teenager, during what would become known as the famed Abair Road sighting of August 1976. In recent years, due to his own encounter, Gosselin grew more and more interested in Bigfoot, and became a member of the local Troy-Albany, New York group, the Northern Sasquatch Research Center.

Searching for more info on the case I also found this 2018 book,

519iIwZeOkL._SX311_BO1204203200_.jpg

And here's an episode of the Sasquatch Chronicles podcast which discusses the case and interviews Brian Gosselin, https://sasquatchchronicles.com/sc-ep401-retired-police-officers-encounter/

Very interesting points about primates. In particuular the mental reflexes and short term memory in apes. All relevant to sasquatch.

How come there are two Sasquatch threads currently in use?

Anyway, this lady is going to prove Bigfoot exists in a court of law, goddammit!
https://gizmodo.com/the-bigfoot-lawsuit-against-california-actually-makes-s-1823082037

It threatened her kids! So it must pay!
She requested that suit be pulled and so it was dismissed. It was really poorly written (i.e., incredibly stupid and won't fly in court) so she took it back to have it done by a real lawyer (as if that will make it better). https://www.sbsun.com/2018/03/20/ca...t-is-real-lawsuit-has-been-dismissed-for-now/

How come there are two Sasquatch threads currently in use?
Anyway, this lady is going to prove Bigfoot exists in a court of law, goddammit!
https://gizmodo.com/the-bigfoot-lawsuit-against-california-actually-makes-s-1823082037
It threatened her kids! So it must pay!

Despite all the attempts to discredit the possibility, I am coming around to the point where I think the existence of sasquatches are more likely than unlikely. Nobody who understood the consequences of admitting to seeing a sasquatch would ever do so, yet thousands of people have encountered them. To dismiss these sightings as bears on their hind legs doesn't work. Anyone who has seen a bear on its hind legs:bear: would never mistake it for a giant hairy hominid, and the smell of the sasquatch is also notably disgusting, which is why it is often called a "skunk ape" (now there's a nickname!).

Here is some useful advice for people who encounter a sasquatch and need to call the police. While you can't ring the police and say that there is a sasquatch destroying my living room (because nobody believes in sasquatch), you can call the police and tell them that a very tall and extremely stinky pervert in an ape suit is busting up your living room. Furries are everyone's problem.
:bf::bmonk::hide:

She requested that suit be pulled and so it was dismissed. It was really poorly written (i.e., incredibly stupid and won't fly in court) so she took it back to have it done by a real lawyer (as if that will make it better). https://www.sbsun.com/2018/03/20/ca...t-is-real-lawsuit-has-been-dismissed-for-now/

Thanks for the update. The case reminds me of those people who try to win compensation for unwittingly moving into a house with a poltergeist in it - they haven't a snowball's chance in hell of getting what they want legally.

Thanks for the update. The case reminds me of those people who try to win compensation for unwittingly moving into a house with a poltergeist in it - they haven't a snowball's chance in hell of getting what they want legally.

Right. When was there ever an occasion where the court decided an animal was real? That's just not how this works. It does remind me of the commonly used trope that evidence for Bigfoot, etc. would be enough in a court of law. The rules of scientific knowledge just aren't comparable to that.

A new-ish video posted on youtube (7 June 2018) from Canada. It's not too clear what we are looking at until there's a zoomed in shot which to me looks like a large hairy ape holding one arm over it's head as if it's trying to hide.
A blinking eye and breath-vapour are mentioned in the commentary at the beginning, but I'm not seeing them.

I took this screenshot of what I think is supposed to be the face with an eye, nostril and mouth. It doesn't do it justice though, I recommend watching the vid full screen if possible.

Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 14.14.12jpeg.jpg

Very interesting points about primates. In particuular the mental reflexes and short term memory in apes. All relevant to sasquatch.

That's actually a very interesting channel, I'm slowly working my way through them. What's your take on the first video discussed here? I'd not seen it before. Obvious answer would be that it's a bear, but the conical upright head?

It is so blurry as to be useless as evidence, why go to all the trouble off putting out cameras and taking hours to view the footage when the picture quality is so bad?

It is so blurry as to be useless as evidence, why go to all the trouble off putting out cameras and taking hours to view the footage when the picture quality is so bad?

Because there's no such thing as a Sasquatch. Which is a big draw back when trying to film them.

Right. When was there ever an occasion where the court decided an animal was real? That's just not how this works. It does remind me of the commonly used trope that evidence for Bigfoot, etc. would be enough in a court of law. The rules of scientific knowledge just aren't comparable to that.
In general, in a court of law, cases are mostly circumstantial with one or two pieces of objective evidence (so fingerprints, DNA, murder weapon found on suspect) to drastically reduce the odds of the circumstantial evidence being just coincidental.

With bigfoot, irrefutable objective evidence had thus far not been produced.

Plenty of witness testimony, but that's notoriously unreliable for regular people; so for example, lineup false identifications increase when the witness is told the perpetrator is in the line, as opposed to being told they may or may not be in the line.

Of course you might be able to persuade a jury that bigfoot exists, certainly if the defence council isn't doing much of a job, but then there's a few death row inmates in that boat...

Back