• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Scariest Fortean Thing Ever To Happen To You

This is my first post here, so here goes-

In 1990, I was in a bit of a sad time in my life. It was the summer holidays and I had finished primary school and about to start going to secondary school, which I was dreading. It was also the summer when my Aunt was undergoing chemo for cancer. She had moved into a hospice to receive full-time care and my Great Grandad was alone in the house.

The house in question was an immaculately kept 1930s semi-detached 3 bedroom affair. It was a bit cold but I never felt any particular strange feelings there. I used to stay there a lot and I had an upstairs bedroom where I could sleep if my parents went away for the weekend. Anyway, my Aunt passed away that summer and things were never going to be the same again. My parents spent a lot of time at the house with my Great Grandad and they would often be talking for hours while I would busy myself in the upstairs bedroom. Not long before I was due to go back to school, I was upstairs in the bedroom messing around with some Lego while the family were downstairs chatting with the TV off. I could hear their voices floating up the stairs. I was lying on my front(as you do when you're a kid) playing with the Lego when I happened to look up. There was a man stood in the doorway. He was bald, had a black/grey beard and he was wearing a green pullover with a shirt and red tie underneath. I said a weak 'Hi', but he turned away and vanished.
I hadn't heard the doorbell ring and I certainly didn't hear the front door open and close(as the bedroom was directly over the front porch) so I went downstairs.
My parents, my uncle Ron and my Great Grandad were sitting in the living room and my Mum asked me what I wanted.

I replied 'who was that man upstairs?'

Everyone in the room said 'what man?'

So I gave a description of the man I saw, at which point everyone basically dismissed me as a joker, but I persisted-
'There was a man with a beard stood in the doorway of the front spare bedroom and he was looking right at me!' 'I didn't hear anyone come up the stairs either'
At that point, my Grandad, looking a bit pale, said; 'That was Mr Jeffries that used to live next door. He had a heart attack and died up there when he came to visit your Great Aunt Mary when she was sick'. 'He was probably looking for her'.

From that day, until my Great Grandad moved out and into a nursing home, I never wanted to set foot upstairs in that house again. Afterwards, my family said they never felt comfortable with me playing alone up there. My Dad once slept there and said he used to have nightmares and I also heard a few years later that the Home Help ladies would often come down from cleaning upstairs looking very disturbed by something. One of them, a lady called Pam, had tried to open a locked cupboard in my Grandad's bedroom and had felt a hand touch her upper arm and she had screamed out loud.

I live in Hereford. It's a very odd place indeed. I have had some other weird experiences here of which I will tell at a later date.

From my own perspective I think one of the most disturbing aspects of many of the dream-like experiences mentioned is the 'un-naturalness' of the way the things we see (or see when we dream) move. It's hard to describe but it's something that isn't replicated anywhere in any horror films. In some ways their movement is SO un-natural that it disturbs you in a way you can't quite put into words.

A recent one for me involved an old lady who just started making really strange moves while jerking her head around. I'm getting goosebumps now just picturing it in my minds eye. I know it sounds really lame but the look on her face, in her eyes and the body movements all combined to produce something that just wasn't of this world.

A good few years ago, over the course of a few weeks i kept getting a recurring dream where i was looking at a large cut down my arm - usually from the elbow joint to the wrist on the top of my right arm. i always woke up remembering this aspect of the dream and nothing else, and was always somewhat puzzled by it. Anyway fast forward to december 1998 (a couple of months or so after the dreams started) and i was involved in a motorcycle accident where i broke my right elbow - i broke the knuckle bit of my elbow off- which was then 'repaired' by pins and wiring up, including 22 staples to hold the wound together until it healed. this has naturally enough left me with an untidy scar approx 10" long on the underside of my right arm over the elbow joint. coincidence? premonition? who knows... just thought id post it up here because i've never got my head round it!

A couple from me, one not very nice and one sort of nice (although immediately after it happened I was a bit freaked out).

One day, I was just coming back from a walk along the disused railway line in the village I used to live in, and I met an old man and his dog who I sort of knew coming the other way. We had a bit of a chat and then both turned around to go our separate ways. I was then overwhelmed by a very strong feeling of dread, and found myself thinking, was it safe for an old man to be out walking by himself, what if something happened to him? Really strange, as there wasn't much wrong with him apart from poor eyesight. The feeling was so strong I was almost compelled to go after him. I told myself not to be so daft, and continued home.

Something horrible did happen to him. His dog got into a field of cows and was surrounded, and he went in after her and got trampled by them. He later died in hospital.

I felt so guilty afterwards, but I'd never had a 'feeling' like that before so just thought I was being silly (and I can be a bit of a worrier). He was such a nice man, and he adored that dog.

Our family had two cats, brothers called Monty and Louie (I think I might have mentioned Monty already in relation to something else). Monty got sudddenly, unexpectedly very ill with feline leukemia. The night before he was going to be taken to the vets (and we all knew he would be put to sleep), I stayed over at Mum and Dad's (as I had moved out by this point).

Monty hadn't much energy at this point, and wasn't moving about very much. He wasn't going upstairs at all. I remember thinking to myself it would be so nice if he would sleep on my bed for one last night like he used to, and 'massage' my head (and pull my hair in the process - ouch!).

Anyway, I was making some tea in the kitchen, and Mum and Dad and the cats were in the living room (Monty was on Dad's knee). I heard someone going upstairs. However, when I returned to the living room with the tea, both my parents were there. My Dad then said 'I thought you'd gone upstairs', to which I replied 'I thought one of you had!'. Mum said she hadn't heard anything, to which Dad replied 'Well Monty did as well, because he jumped off my knee and followed whoever it was.'

I went upstairs (very cautiously), and the only 'person' up there was Monty. As this was evening time, both front and back doors were locked, so there wasn't any way someone could have sneaked in. Total mystery, but I got my final night with Monty sleeping on my bed, and my head massage.

The invisible person going upstairs reminds me of somethign sort of related...

I can no longer recall if I was in the house entirely alone or my mother was here...I just recall that for whatever reason I went into her downstairs front bedroom for something or other and could hear very clearly somone walking across the floorboards of the room immediately above it, an upstairs bedroom. It was very clearly coming from directly over my head and not next door. This was very unsettling because a) there was no one else in the house and b) shortly before this I'd been sitting in the living room with the glass pannelled living room door allowing one to see, trhough distorted glass, the hallway and front door, and I had seen in my peripheral vision someone going up the stairs. If I say a shadow its sounds more obviously supernatural, so I'll just say I looked up with a double take as I thought I caught a glimpse of a form going from the front door up the stairs...but not so clearly that I didn't dismiss it.

So anyway here I am shortly afterwards hearing footsteps in what should be an empty room above my head. It was also starting to get dark. You can imagine the pounding in my chest as I went upstaris to check, while not letting anyone who might be there be alerted and panic.. I went from room to room with a thumping heart...no one there.

Not exactly scary but certainly freaky and to this day, unexplained....

I was about 12 and used to help out at a farm nearby. The farmer, now sadly deceased, and myself were walking up the bank having just returned the cows to their field after milking. It was warm and about 6pm in the evening. The track we were on had a moderate incline and a bend at the top.
As we rounded the bend there was something hovering in front of us. Imagine a sphere of 'heat haze' but perfectly formed, the objects around it were not distorted at all. It was only there for a few seconds at which point it disappeared with a 'woosh' of air... Keith said 'WTF was that?' and both of us were left standing there wondering if we'd actually seen anything at all. It seemed to me that we had disturbed 'it' and it couldn't get away fast enough.

I've been through all the scenario's and I can not explain it to this day almost 40 years later...[/QUOTE

there have been reports of this "heat haze" effect being related to paranormal bigfoot sightings. yes, really. some people describe it as looking the character in the terminator movie. sort of a watery distortion. ive never seen that movie, but ive seen the heat haze...few years back, i was in the house doing nothing noteworthy, summer day, and for some reason i went to the back door and looked out. then for no accountable reason i went tearing out the door down the hill in back, into the woods and came to a sudden stop at the edge of a little clearing....on the ground was a swirling heat haze. it distorted the image of what was behind and under it, but had no color. it kind of snaked away, and then a tree beyond the edge of the clearing started shaking. everything else was still. for some reason i thought it was telling me to get out. i felt i had intruded, interrupted something. for some reason i thought it was unwilling to show itself to me. i turned and left. i was sort of stunned. i didnt know why i had torn off down the hill. or what the whole experience meant

I can't have been much older than ten or eleven. I was walking home from a friend's house, and I vaguely recall we thought we'd seen some strange lights in the sky. I'd previously devoured Arthur C Clarke's Mysterious World, my formative Fortean text, and with a child's impetuosity I wanted certainty. I wanted proof of the paranormal. The lights in the sky were ambiguous - Leeds/Bradford airport was nearby. As I walked home I was almost muttering an incantation, a plea, a prayer (although I was not a religious boy) - call it what you will - for proof. But nothing out-of-the-ordinary happened on the walk home, nor in the evening, and I must have had supper and climbed the wooden steps to Bedfordshire, as per usual.

In the small hours of the next morning I was awoken by the sound of malign laughter from my window-ledge outside.
the trickster can be nasty

I was walking my dogs down a footpath this time last year. It was a particularly dark night but I know the area well so wasn't carrying a torch. After a few hundred yards I went through a kissing gate into a large field which in the summer is grazed by horses. As I got into the field something close to me gave a VERY loud, VERY long and genuinely blood curdling scream. Both my dogs immediately ran in the general direction of the noise, pulling me over as they dragged their leads from my hand. Ridiculous though it sounds I was completely terrified, the scream was so loud that I honestly thought someone was being murdered right in front of me. I could see nothing and once I'd struggled to my feet I knew I had to get out of that field right now. As soon as I was though the gate, I whistled up the dogs. I then heard another, equally horrifying scream, but more distant this time. Then the dogs suddenly reappeared, both wagging their tails and obviously very pleased with themselves.

I'm used to being out in the countryside in the dark, I'm used to the various calls of foxes, badgers and deer but I've never heard anything remotely like that before. I thought (and at some level, I still think) that these screams were human and made by someone in the most terrible pain. They were truly frightening and I walked home as fast as I could, frequently looking behind me to make sure I wasn't being followed. Initially I thought of getting my most powerful torch and going back to the field but in the nature of these things - and as I got closer to home - I began to convince myself that though I'd no idea what I'd heard, there had to be some natural explanation. And by the time I actually got back indoors the whole incident had begun to feel slightly ridiculous. Despite that I went back I went back to the field the next morning (in daylight) and had a good look around for blood, tracks or any evidence at all of activity. Of course there was nothing and that's where the matter rests to this day.

I would just add that despite my rationalisations above, I've never been into that field in the dark since. I often walk round it or up one side of it and down the other but I wouldn't go in it at night time if you actually paid me!

Whilst appreciating that you're familiar with various animal calls, the most likely source is an animal.

Foxes in particular can sound quite like a woman being murdered. I think it's the females that make the screaming sound. I can well imagine being freaked if I suddenly heard this very close by on my own in the dark.

The fact that your dogs seemed to chase it off & returned looking pleased with themselves would support the animal explanation imo.

Take a powerful torch with you in future!

Any of these sounds similar to what you heard?
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks Hunck. I'm sure you're right in that it was most likely an animal but I'm certain it wasn't a fox. I live in a very rural area and am familiar with all the calls on the tape. The most distinctive thing about what I heard was the long drawn out nature of the scream, which seemed to go on for a very long time.

Incidentally, immediately after the incident I listened to quite a few tapes of various animal calls - as I too thought it must be an animal - while the whole thing was a lot fresher in my mind. I didn't find anything which even fitted the bill so from my point of view, the mystery remains.....

Any idea what noises badgers make? Is it grunts and snuffles or do they go for the full-on yell? I'm trying to think of fairly big UK animals (the UK bigfoot may count!).

Well that is weird, I have just posted something about ginger badgers on the albino animals thread! :eek:

"Ouch!" and "Gerroff!" She was being vaccinated at the time.

Later she screeched, "Strawberry blonde, actually!" as she fled from mankind. :eek:

I was walking my dogs down a footpath this time last year. It was a particularly dark night but I know the area well so wasn't carrying a torch. After a few hundred yards I went through a kissing gate into a large field which in the summer is grazed by horses. As I got into the field something close to me gave a VERY loud, VERY long and genuinely blood curdling scream. Both my dogs immediately ran in the general direction of the noise, pulling me over as they dragged their leads from my hand. Ridiculous though it sounds I was completely terrified, the scream was so loud that I honestly thought someone was being murdered right in front of me. I could see nothing and once I'd struggled to my feet I knew I had to get out of that field right now. As soon as I was though the gate, I whistled up the dogs. I then heard another, equally horrifying scream, but more distant this time. Then the dogs suddenly reappeared, both wagging their tails and obviously very pleased with themselves.

I'm used to being out in the countryside in the dark, I'm used to the various calls of foxes, badgers and deer but I've never heard anything remotely like that before. I thought (and at some level, I still think) that these screams were human and made by someone in the most terrible pain. They were truly frightening and I walked home as fast as I could, frequently looking behind me to make sure I wasn't being followed. Initially I thought of getting my most powerful torch and going back to the field but in the nature of these things - and as I got closer to home - I began to convince myself that though I'd no idea what I'd heard, there had to be some natural explanation. And by the time I actually got back indoors the whole incident had begun to feel slightly ridiculous. Despite that I went back I went back to the field the next morning (in daylight) and had a good look around for blood, tracks or any evidence at all of activity. Of course there was nothing and that's where the matter rests to this day.

I would just add that despite my rationalisations above, I've never been into that field in the dark since. I often walk round it or up one side of it and down the other but I wouldn't go in it at night time if you actually paid me!

Speckles, can I ask if the sound came from lower down to the ground or higher up? The answer might give some indication of what it might have been. If, say, an owl had just grabbed a creature off the ground, that could account for the prolonged scream. I've heard rabbits (and other creatures) being taken by owls at night, and they can make some terrible, prolonged noises as they are carried away.

Speckles, can I ask if the sound came from lower down to the ground or higher up? The answer might give some indication of what it might have been. If, say, an owl had just grabbed a creature off the ground, that could account for the prolonged scream. I've heard rabbits (and other creatures) being taken by owls at night, and they can make some terrible, prolonged noises as they are carried away.
I would also vote for an owl. They make very unexpectedly loud and frightening noises, including if you nvade their nesting territory.

Actually, I think GNC has solved this one for me! He mentioned badgers which I initially dismissed as I see a lot of them and thought I knew all their calls. But I've just checked on the Net and came across something headed "badgers mating call". Though what I originally heard was much louder and more prolonged than the example given, I reckon that's what it was. Unfortunately I don't know how to create a link but have a listen as it really is pretty spine chilling.

So much for Forteana. Interesting that there seems to be such a prosaic explanation but I still won't go into that field in the dark in case the randy badger attacks!

Just checked uchoob for badger sounds - pretty freaky. I had no idea they made that sort of screaming sound. Certainly enough to put the willies up you in the dark.

Glad to be of help, Speckles, here's a recording of badger screams from YT:

Certainly sounds like you could mistake it for human. We are all mammals, after all.

Wow, I didn't know they sounded so scary.

At least we can assume it's enjoying itself.

The scariest thing, the event that frightened me to a point of paralysis happened when I was just a child. I don't know if anything paranormal did happen that morning but I've never been able to forget.

When I was about 5 or 6 years old I shared a bed, with my two year older brother. We had been burnt out of our rental house the previous year. My family bought a mobile home as a stop gap shelter. We had been planning on building a home on our country property when the fire occurred. After spending a summer in the mobile home park we found, we moved the trailer (mobile home) onto our property, closer to the two lane highway than our eventual construction site and home would be. This wasn't a new home, the paint colors on the outside, white with Aqua trim, pegged it for a fifties construction though the interior fittings were contemporary to the late sixties, harvest gold appliances and blue-green sculptured carpet. The land also featured a long used path, a favorite route for the local natives to go from the highlands to the river bottom. Many artifacts found on the site we settled upon.

The summer after we moved our home to the new place my mother started taking classes at a university in a big city about an hours drive away. She was persuing her graduate degree and had arranged classes to work with her teaching schedule at a university near where we lived. Occasionally when she had these weekend classes, meetings with advisors etc. the whole family would come along. A visit to the big city, museum visits for us kids, restaurant meals, it was all very exciting, and out of the ordinary to the sylvan life we had adopted.
My scary event happens on the eve or morning of one of these well anticipated trips.

It was before dawn I awoke. I was excited for the day ahead and couldn't sleep. It didn't help that my parents put us to bed at 9:00, almost before sunset on those long summer days. As I lay sleepless I looked about our small room. My brother slept soundly to my left, to the right and about shoulder height was a window that looked over the front lawn. Our bi-fold closet door was ajar and I noticed movement on the shelf above where our clothes were hung.

On that shelf were stacked some board games, boxes of winter clothes, the usual. Nothing that should be moving, nothing soft and movable, no moving toys. (Did we even have moving toys then?) I saw movement though. I focus my attention and my heart rate increased as I made out a small, about one foot tall, figure dressed in black robes and cowl, standing on the shelf, arms folded but slightly swaying. I at first assumed it was a simulacrum, a trick of the light. Then 'it' extended its arm and pointed to the window, just above me to and my right. I kept close watch of the figure, willing it away, as I hoped it was just my imagination or a trick of the light It continued, pointing toward the window and nodding its head.

It was repetitive but not identical motion. Sometimes the cowled head would nod, then the arm gesture toward the window, sometimes it seemed to shuffle and again extend its arm. The pointing was persistent.

I was paralyzed with fear. I hardly dared move but noticed two things. My brother was still asleep and the sun was rising. I wanted to wake him, find out if he could see it, but he was even closer to the figure than I was. I wanted to run to my parent's room and alert them but I would have had to pass the figure, getting even closer, to alert them. I tried to stay as still as I could and hoped the rising sun would expose the figure as a mere shadow.

I lay like that, in terror, my young heart racing, daring not to look away, trying not to move, be not noticed for what seemed hours. Did 'it' want me to look out the window? Would 'it' climb off the shelf toward me? Could it fly? Terrified I lay still, staring at the gesturing figure as the sun slowly rose outside my east facing window.

Eventually the panic became too much, the room was now better illuminated but the figure persisted in the dawning. I slowly, slowly, so as not to draw notice, rose to my knees and tried to peer out the window to which the figure continued to gesture. On our lawn I saw several blobs of white in a general misty atmosphere. The figure at my back forgotten I stared at the light of the rising sun and these amorphous figures moving about the lawn.

I freaked! I ran to my parent's room at the other end of the house, leaving my brother behind. I entered crying with fright waking them. I tried to explain about the man, and the blobs, and about how he wouldn't go away and the sun was coming up and there was something on the lawn. My father walked back to where my bedroom was while mom held me.

He walked back to the kitchen, lifted the phone and made a call. He called our neighbor, a sheep farmer.
Obviously some of his sheep had gotten out and wandered onto our lawn. The figure, disappeared into the searing light of the morning sun. I never saw it again but never left the closet door open again. Ever, to this day.

So that's the story, the scariest ever. If it's long I gave paragraph breaks. I hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
That reminds me of an anecdote by Thomas Hardy, the English novelist, who used to follow a path from his family's cottage to Dorchester every day to go to school and back. This meant that some mornings and evenings he would walk in the dark amongst the fields and hedges. If I remember well, one day he had to pass between two men who were sitting on chairs on both sides of the path in complete silence. He never knew what they were doing there, and he remembered that as the most frigthening experience in his life.
Once when visiting NewYork my friend and I were walking in the East Village going to get something harmless but illegal if you know what I mean. In those days the city was still pretty gritty and one had to keep their wits on.
As we walked we came upon a clog of guys.Two leaning against the wall, two leaning against a car parked at the curb. One guy leant against the wall says,
"You wanna buy some weed?"
Immediately the two guys leaning on the car jump across the sisdwalk, yelling,
"Police! Face to the wall."
I glanced back and my friend, who did live there, said,
"Just keep walking."
And we did. Always odd to have to pass between people, but that was the most random heart racer I've ever had.

Last edited:
The scariest thing, the event that that frightened me to a point of paralysis happened when I was just a child. I don't know if anything paranormal did happen that morning but I've never been able to forget.

When I was about 5 or 6 years old I shared a bed, with my two year older brother. We had been burnt out of our rental house the previous year. My family bought a mobile home as a stop gap shelter. We had been planning on building a home on our country property when the fire occurred. After spending a summer in the mobile home park we found, we moved the trailer (mobile home) onto our property, closer to the two lane highway than our eventual construction site and home would be. This wasn't a new home, the paint colors on the outside, white with Aqua trim, pegged it for a fifties construction though the interior fittings were contemporary to the late sixties, harvest gold appliances and blue-green sculptured carpet. The land also featured a long used path, a favorite route for the local natives to go from the highlands to the river bottom. Many artifacts found on the site we settled upon.

The summer after we moved our home to the new place my mother started taking classes at a university in a big city about an hours drive away. She was persuing her graduate degree and had arranged classes to work with her teaching schedule at a university near where we lived. Occasionally when she had these weekend classes, meetings with advisors etc. the whole family would come along. A visit to the big city, museum visits for us kids, restaurant meals, it was all very exciting, and out of the ordinary to sylvan life we had adopted.

My scary event happens on the eve or morning of one of these well anticipated trips. It was before dawn I awoke. I was excited for the day ahead and couldn't sleep. It didn't help that my parents put us to bed at 9:00, almost before sunset on those long summer days. As I lay sleepless I looked about our small room. My brother slept soundly to my left, to the right and about shoulder height was a window that looked over the front lawn. Our bi-fold closet door was ajar and I noticed movement on the shelf above where our clothes were hung.

On that shelf were stacked some board games, boxes of winter clothes, the usual. Nothing that should be moving, nothing soft and movable, no moving toys. (Did we even have moving toys then?) I saw movement though. I focus my attention and my heart rate increased as I made out a small, about one foot tall, figure dressed in black robes and cowl, standing on the shelf, arms folded but slightly swaying. I at first assumed it was a simulacrum, a trick of the light. Then 'it' reached its arm out of its robes, extended its arm and pointed to the window, just above me to my right. I kept close watch of the figure, willing it away. As I hoped it was just my imagination or a trick of the light it continued, pointing toward the window and nodding its head.

It was repetitive but not identical motion. Sometimes the cowled head would nod, then the arm gesture toward the window, sometimes it seemed to shuffle and again extend its arm. The pointing was persistent. I was paralyzed with fear. I hardly dared move but noticed two things. My brother was still asleep and the sun was rising. I wanted to wake him, find out if he could see it, but he was even closer to the figure than I was. I wanted to run to my parent's room and alert them but I would have had to pass the figure, getting even closer, to alert them. I tried to stay as still as I could and hoped the rising sun would expose the figure as a mere shadow.

I lay like that, in terror, my young heart racing, daring not to look away, trying not to move, be not noticed for what seemed hours. Did 'it' want me to look out the window? Would 'it' climb off the shelf toward me? Could it fly? Terrified I lay still, staring at the gesturing figure as the sun slowly rose outside my east facing window.

Eventually the panic became too much, the room was now better illuminated but the figure persisted in the dawning. I slowly, slowly, so as not to draw notice, rose to my knees and tried to peer out the window to which the figure continued to gesture. On our lawn I saw several blobs of white in a general misty atmosphere. The figure at my back forgotten I stared at the light of the rising sun and these amorphous figures moving about the lawn.

I freaked! I ran to my parent's room at the other end of the house, leaving my brother behind. I entered crying with fright waking them. I tried to explain about the man, and the blobs, and about how he wouldn't go away and the sun was coming up and there was something on the lawn. My father walked back to where my bedroom was while mom held me.

He walked back to the kitchen, lifted the phone and made a call. He called our neighbor, a sheep farmer, some of his sheep had gotten out and wandered onto our lawn. The figure, disappeared into the searing light of the morning sun. I never saw it again but never left the closet door open again. Ever, to this day.

So that's the story, the scariest ever. If it's long I gave paragraph breaks. I hope you enjoy.
Because of the nature of what it was pointing at, the figure seems almost benevolent. Scary, yes, but probably not intending harm.

Because of the nature of what it was pointing at, the figure seems almost benevolent. Scary, yes, but probably not intending harm.
I think you may be right. The entire experience was certainly helpful for Farmer Moses. My father was able to skip a mow. Worked out on all sides really.
Scarred for no reason, I'm not going to blame my 6 year old self either. Everything is new when you're that age, yes?

Hello,
I've been reading the Fortean Times for 20 years and while in the island, where the castle of my Avatar is situated, I found a load of the Unexplained Magazine in a Charity Shop in Peel, on the same island and been reading them with delight.
Anyway, as an amateur of the supernatural, I haven't had any noticeable experiences myself. I had a couple of friends at school (16-17 years old,) who had dabbed with the oui-ja board. They had a bad experience with a spirit which was attacking one of them. They were lucky it didn't last. True or false? Who knows?
While reading the posts above, I was thinking of my auntie Eliane. She is living in France in a small town, working class, and quite down to Earth. Once, she was working as a cleaning lady for some people who sent her tidying the family tomb in the graveyard. While she was scrubbing, she felt a hand rubbing her back gently. She turned around and saw or heard no one.
A cousin, from the same area (South West France) was living in an old house accross the road from the town cemetary. One morning, she was lying in bed on her own, when she heard footsteps on the stairs. She called her boyfriend but no one replied. She started being scared and hid herself under the sheets. She heard the steps going to her room and stop completely. She didn't move for a while and when she plucked the courage to have a look, there was no one. It happened twice and someone advised them to get rid of the ivy growing on the walls of the house and the phenomenon stopped. She told me that one morning, while staying for a few days as she didn't want to tell me the night before, thinking I could be too scared to sleep!

Back