• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I'm working hard at this Shamanic Initiation thing....

:cool: :_pished: :smokin: :gaga:

But seriously...

All new witness accounts will be gratefully recieved ! :D

Desperado is just angry that people aren't lining up to accept his prejudiced assumptions.

Angry, moi? It's not me whose posts are so aggressive they get consigned to the "hate mail" section.

:headbutt:

Innes, your mind has gone into a loop, perhaps as the result of tainted ale. :_pished: I'll try to explain by use of clear statements in a 1,2,3 manner:-

Fact: Some people in the world are gullible.
Fact: Hoaxes do actually occur.
Fact: I believe Scole to be a hoax.
Fact: A hoax is more likely to affect gullible people than critical ones.

So, taking into account these facts, how would you suggest that I go about hiding the logical conclusion that a great many of the people involved with Scole were gulllible? And that a lesser number were clearly hoaxers? And more to the point, why should I desist from stating this? It's my opinion. Sorry if you don't like it. (I'm not sorry in the slightest, actually, but you know what I mean :blah: ).

chieko - Nothing new will come out of Scole now (the 1000's of hours of undisputable video proof "spontaneously decomposed" before the non-mediums could get a glimpse of it, remember?)

What we've got here is ALL the established hallmarks of a scam - and some new ones - countered with some dubious light effects in a dark room.

Nobody has even touched on why, if the phenomenon is genuine, all these blatant indications of a hoax should exist in the first place. In all this thread, despite dozens of targeted questions by myself, nobody has attempted to address this issue.

Mulder's poster said "I want to believe" not "I'm desperate to believe." Myself, I want to believe (why else would I have studied the paranormal for 20 years?) but I'm not so one-tracked as to soak up garbage and double-talk in place of convincing evidence.

Desperado, I have yet to decide what to make of this 'phenomena'.The eyewitnesses certainly provide interesting accounts. This is why I think it is still important to hear more from them and to not lose their input. I would also hope that the participants of Scole would be willing to be open to questions that will challenge their beliefs.This could then provide a more balenced account from all parties to understand what really went on, (or not, if this really was an elaborate hoax).
Ultimately though, maybe you would have had to have been there yourself to experience if events were 'real'. Although I would probably still be checking the floorboards, ceiling and all!
I do agree that some of the things materialised and the images 'lost' on video tapes seem dubious. Those playing with ouija boards can also experience misdirected answers, objects moving etc.. (my father did). Could the events at Scole be something similar to this, but on a grander scale? You could then maybe explain parts of the events to some paranormal activity ,or otherwise to participants subconcious minds working overtime, depending on how you veiw ouija.
In regards to charging fees and selling crystals, paranormal events (or not) would not stop people from making money,whether it is for their own profit or to maintain the upkeep of holding these sessions ie. loss of their normal earnings, teas and biscuits (!) etc.
However, you do provide a good counter balence sometimes, as you rightly say, when you 'want to be believe', you can open yourself to being 'gullible' and then be 'desperate' to believe.
Hopefully, not all of us have got to that stage yet.:)

chieko - I don't disagree that the phenomena at Scole, in part at least, replicate occurrences that may well have some grain of truth at their core. It's not the accounts of the phenomena that cause me to dismiss the events (in the main), it's the multiple tell-tale signs of a polished but ultimately transparent scam.

As an aside, as you mention Ouija boards: I just finished reading a book called "Picking Up the Pieces" by Paul Britton, one of the UK's leading criminal psychologists (the guy who invented crime scene offender profiling). The book is nothing to do with the paranormal - it relates Mr Britton's experiences in the field of trauma counselling etc. - but it does have one peculiar story. A woman who experimented with a Ouija board had been experiencing classic bedroom visitations of a dark man. When Mr Britton hypnotised her, he reports he was utterly astonished when she physically changed appearance- her face became that of a man - and she started talking in an unistakable deep male voice. He performed a sort of non-religious exorcism right there in his office, after which the phenomena disappeared, but it's interesting to note that he drew no real conclusions from this. He didn't say the woman was possessed, but equally he didn't suggest any solid alternative explanations - just reported the case as he saw it, which is at odds with all the other cases in his book.

Nothing really to do with Scole, especially as it was reported by a guy who's essentially beyond reproach as far as truthfulness goes :), but I just thought I'd mention it.

MindTrap said:
Hehe..

Desperado is just angry that people aren't lining up to accept his prejudiced assumptions. :eek:
Right, that's enough from all of you. I quote this post as an example - most of the major players in this thread are getting sidetracked into questioning one another's objectivity and motives, and it's not really contributing to the debate at all.

It's an interesting topic, so please stick to it, otherwise it'll end up being just a few of you disapperaring up your own fundaments...

And, for the record, Desperado has not implied that anyone is a gullible fool. He's a good, impartial poster. Now back off and stick to the point.

Mr Neville, your cheque's in the post ;)

I think we may be grinding to a halt unless we can get some fresh info from persons in the know, living or dead. The fence is groaning under the weight of its assembled sitters and I'm so far across the field I don't even know which direction the fence is in.

So come on, you Scole people, let's get down and dirty. Well, down anyway.

What, no :waiting: smiley?

And, for the record, Desperado has not implied that anyone is a gullible fool. He's a good, impartial poster. Now back off and stick to the point.

I would have to disagree about the gullibility part at least since this has clearly been the basis of his explanation for the eye-witness reports (which are all we really have as evidence). I agree that people often are gullible, but as investigators we should not be so quick to make assumptions.

As far as being a fool I will have to agree that it was actually Mr. Keen who originally brought this word into the conversation and since he is not here to defend himself I suggest we just drop that all together. :nonplus:

BTW, interesting story about the ouija board. I can attest to having experienced some strange events using one myself which, at the very least, suggested to me after much testing that there was SOMETHING paranormal going on. But what that is I have no idea. I would suggest to anyone who is curious enough to at least give it a try with some like minded and objective friends. It should be noted though that it has not worked for me every time I've tried it, but when it has it has been startling.

It irritates me when people disregard my experiences as nonsense or call me a kook based on a popular stigma that has been attached to mediumship in general (which I agree is understandable since the majority of people are very content with the status quo and fear things which they do not understand). The fact that Parker Brother's produces a ouija board as a game certainly doesn't add to it's credibility either. If you were to do a bit of research though you will find that even the skeptics agree that it works but consider it the result of involuntary muscle movements. I do not have an opinion on this either way as I have seen no evidence to suggest any kind of spiritual intervention.

I am currently reading Professor Braude's latest book in which he states that the reason for him becoming interested in the subject of the paranormal was due to an experience he had when two friends of his introduced him to a table tipping seance. I do not consider him a wacko by any means. He is highly articulate and has not been quick to make assumptions as to the cause.

To me discussion about ouija boards, pendulums, automatic writing, table tipping, or whatever is very relevant to this debate seeing as this is a form of mediumship in itself and would add credibility to the Scole seances if there were something to this.

It should further be noted that, just like the Scole events, the information received by these means is most often (BUT NOT ALWAYS) useless crap which proves nothing what-so-ever.

If you're looking for actual proof of survival though then you would be better off researching reincarnation as I believe this has more to offer in this regards.

A woman who experimented with a Ouija board had been experiencing classic bedroom visitations of a dark man.

Spooky! Now i am going to have to leave my bedroom light on-tea and biscuits anyone?:(

:p xxx

I think we may be grinding to a halt unless we can get some fresh info from persons in the know, living or dead.

Actually, I have not even read the Scole Report. I've been procrastinating about it due to the inconvenience of currency conversion and the fact that it would take a month or two to get to me.

If anyone has read it (it is 300 pages long) I'm sure they will have much to add. Mr. Keen suggested doing some more reading in his reply as we apparently have been argueing about details which have been addressed in this report already.

So, has anyone actually read this?

If not, I'll order a copy this week. Maybe I could get a copy from the ASPR.

tea and biscuits anyone?

What the hell is a biscuit and why would I want to eat one with tea? :confused:

Biscuit over here is a cookie over there :).

Biscuits over there are scones over here.

there's a thread on this subject - will come back with a link in a minute...

MindTrap - looks like you need to order "The Scone Report" instead... :blah:

I will be largely absent over the next few days due to the unfairness of having to work for a short period, plus other things like cousins' weddings, etc. But...

I'll be baaack

In response to Mr.Neville's remonstration..

I heartily agree that we should all stick with the subject in hand, however it should be noted that in Desperado's first posting on the subject he said ;

" ..They must think we're retarded ..."

~ in regard to the physical evidence produced by The Scole Group.
Hardly a neutral, diplomatic remark, eh ? - And one that implies that people who do accept Scole as genuine are not only gullible, but mentally deficient.

Desperado is welcome to voice his concerns about what went on in that brick cellar beneath the Norfolk Countryside, but his tone is hardly conducive to inviting 'believers' onto the thread if he has already decided they are retarded.

Surely, " I am not convinced " should suffice ?

I'm sure that the debate is strengthened and widened by his contribution ; we all enjoy his pithy remarks, his cheeky 'facts' and his saucy ribbing, but a little restraint is needed if we are going to get more witnesses to contribute.

And we do need more witnesses - even if they are 'believers'.

And Mr.Neville - sticking to the point ? And then Scones are discussed at length ..?? Good God Man ! Don't waste your time explaining Scones to foreigners ! - They'll never understand !;)

Oh Scole - remember that ?

I was round at Nick's house last night and he let me inspect his ..dome ( no laughing at the back ). I presumed that the glass dome was something like a fruit bowl, but it more resembles a bell-jar, or huge upside-down wide test-tube.
The 'dome' is placed over a wooden mat with a small circular hole in the middle, and the stand rests on a perpex support which elevates the dome and the wooden mat off the table. The perspex support has a small hole which corresponds to the hole in the wooden mat.
Now....apparently what happens is this ; spirits need pressure to create luminesence ( ! ), and the dome enables them to have a small enough space to get a bit of pressure going..and the hole underneath is for them to get in..
( Although the thought of a 'ghost hole' like a mouse hole is ..somewhat amusing.)
According to Nick the Scole Group started using the dome to get
the light phenomena going, and then one day the lights exited the dome ( via the hole ! ) and the rest is ...not history.

All rather bizarre / ridiculous, but no more so than the Ouija Board, which uses a small domed enclosure .. so, go figure ??

Righty-ho.
Now, let's all do our best to assemble more witnesses ~

Regards,

Innes

" Tainted Ale ? " I'll let that one go ; it's beneath me all this childish behaviour...

:tongue:

So, has anyone actually tried any of the photography techniques or fiddling about with germanium receivers? All this arguing over whether it was true or not.. just try it yourself! Like it says on the website, all the ingredients for the experiments were quite simple.

People have tried..

..and failed.
The Germanium Devices have been built, but have not worked. And other Spiritualist Circles have tried to replicate the 'successes' of Scole and failed..
If you re-read the postings by Nick he describes his efforts to replicate the awesome phenomena of Scole, but without success.
Although the crystal clusters that he purchased from Scole Inc. did allegedly glow & spark for a bit ( ! ).
Perhaps there are Physical Mediumship Groups that are having a whale of a time, but are keeping quiet about it - for fear of mockery ( or as Desperado may point out, fear of $1,000,000 courtesy of James Randi's band of Skeptics )...who knows ?

Personally, I doubt that a whole new paradigm shift in Western Science & Thought will arise from a dark cellar in Norfolk ( or anywhere else ) ; but who knows ?? I don't !
This is where I start muttering about " the shyness effect " & "subjective versus objective" and generally making not much sense..

The paranormal can often have a profound effect on individuals ; transforming lives with a new perspective on reality - but this individual truth rarely translates to the universal ( unless you count religions, cults, and inspiration...which I suppose you could ! ). There are rare exceptions, but generally the paranormal lurks in the hinterland, the shadows....and dark cellars in Norfolk.

Pity and envy those that witness the paranormal !

:eek!!!!:

Yours confusingly confused,

Innes:confused:

Well, one of the things I often thinks clouds efforts to replicate an allegedely successful experiment is the very fact that people are just trying to replicate it! If the best Chinese chef in the world wrote down how to make fried rice, I bet it'd read.. fry rice for a few minutes until brown.. and serve. The instructions are simple, but it depends on how you approach it.

I would think that any attempts to recreate the Scole experiment would probably be hindered by the fact that the reconstruction would be completely objective, and purely on the lookout for empricial date. Looking at the website and some of the links, the entity known as Manu did emphasise that the success of the researchers was due in no small amount to them treading on virgin territory as far as pan-dimensional communication was involved, and showing genuine curiousity, love and affection to all the entities which they met. Can you imagine a scientist in a lab going out of his way to encourage an entity to stick around with a -genuine- welcoming love and non-scientific interest in who/whatever arrived? Yes, the experiments in Scole did have people there to measure the phenomenon, and certain rules were abided to when things were going on, but at least the process had it's true origins in mere curiousity and an outreach to the unknown, and this would have been evident to the tentacled creatures and the rest coming through to say hello.

I'm not entirely sure about the whole thing. Like you say, there's every chance that it could be a load of gubbins, but I always maintain that unless you were at a place when something happened, you -cannot- possible pass judgement one way or the other. Even when what was alleged to have happened was outside the 'accepted' laws of science.

It saddens me when people approach something like this with blind belief, or instant rebuke. One can never truly know, unless one was either there, or tries it for themselves. In the accounts they do state that success wasn't instant. It seemed to take a few months before they got an inkling that anything strange was going on, so maybe attempts to recreate this are too short lived?

It's hard to say really. I ordered the two books today anyway, one which would appear to be quite subjective, and one quite the opposite, so after reading these, I might be able to proffer something a bit more indepth.

In the meantime though, I'll be checking my germanium goods catalogue for budget items ;)

I received this email in response to some questions I raised with Mr. Webster concerning the questionable nature of the events at Scole.

I think he is clear in explaining his position and hope that this adds some fire to the debate.

[MindTrap],

I understand your position and appreciate that you would categorize yourself as a "believer". Sceptics come in various forms and flavours. The hard-core sceptic, best known as a debunker (e.g. magician James Randi) will not accept anything as "paranormal" - the word does not seem to exist in their vocabulary. Then there are the professionally paid sceptics, the like of Dr. Richard Wiseman, Dr. French and Dr Susan Blackmore who are often employed by the media to make certain that they project something, however obscure, to "explain" an alleged paranormal event or experiment. This is not always in accord with their own private thoughts on the matter, but only what they are paid for to present to the public at large. These types would be a complete waste of time attending such as The Scole Experiments for the obvious reasons I have outlined.

The other group of sceptics are those, myself included, who research with a careful attitude and with a healthy scepticism, and look first for all possible explanations to a supposed "paranormal event". Often those in this group have had some personal unexplained phenomena occurring in their life to set them thinking. Certainly those in this important group were invited to sit with The Scole Group. I and my wife sat three times with them. I cannot speak on behalf of The Scole Group as to who exactly was invited, but I do know that scientists and SPR members were included as well as other professionals and academics. Apart from that I can only speak for myself and what I experienced and witnessed.

My credentials include a career in the medical profession as a qualified Podiatrist, fifty years researching into the paranormal and survival (life after death) and a number of years spent as a professional stage magician and entertainer with the qualifications of:
Member of The International Brotherhood of Magicians, member of The Magic Circle and Assoc. member of The Inner Magic Circle with Silver Star. I also write and lecture on all these subjects and recently published a book "LIFE IS FOREVER" and am in the process of writing a further book.

I will now reply to other questions arising in your email letter:

1. You stated: 'the crazy means in which the sittings concluded'. This does not cast doubt on the proceedings, in my opinion, and can be compared with other cases of paranormal phenomena. A case in point I followed up in recent years after reading the book 'The Vertical Plane' by Ken Webster (no relation but it was discovered that we were both full members of The Scientific & Medical Network). It would take far too long to go into details here, but briefly it was an amazing case of phenomena which took place in an old cottage being renovated in the village of Dodleston Cheshire on the Welsh border in the 1980's. A BBC television documentary was made. I interviewed those concerned who were involved with the poltergeist and other bizarre activity which took place over a period of about two years. Communications allegedly coming from an entity from the 16th Century in what seemed to be a 'time warp' through an early BBC "B" type computer (difficult to bug) was a feature of the phenomena. Eventually there was "interruption" from another source coming from what appeared to be the future ("2109") and things became even more bizarre to the point that everything was forced to stop with an unsatisfactory conclusion. Those concerned were brought into the situation quite unwillingly and it caused much disturbance to their already busy academic life as teachers at a grammar school.

This whole subject is alien to orthodox and textbook science and physics which cannot provide the "strait and tidy" conclusions and answers you and most would like. It does not fit neatly into that pattern. "Crazy" can mean "misunderstood".
Thankfully physics is getting into quantum mechanics and sub-atomic research which will, I am sure, open the doors.

2. You stated: 'no verifiable evidence was produced that couldn't have been fraudulently produced'. As a stage magician/conjuror, I could not have convincingly replicated what I witnessed under the same strict conditions applied and I would challenge anyone else, professional magician or not, to do so with myself to witness, rather than they criticise from the sidelines.
I will not go so far as to say that it was beyond the scope of fraud ( I am a healthy sceptic not a gullible) as quite obviously there is the problem with manifestation in darkness and safe infra-red video filming would be a great asset in séances as I have always maintained. But I can say that the amount of light from the orbs (spirit/energy lights) and other phenomena did create a certain amount of energised light to counteract complete and total darkness. I would also add, if anyone in that group was able to perform the phenomena by fraud and trickery then they were wasting their time with such pranks and artistry with little reward. They could do themselves proud with fame and fortune in the World of Entertainment.

3. You stated: 'the fact that sitters were charged for the privilege'. I was never charged at Scole where the group normally met and sat, and to my knowledge sitters were invited without charge. A charge obviously had to be made when a seminar was held at a conference centre/hotel etc. to include cost of accomodation, meals etc.. and as far as I am aware any profits went to the Foundation to help and inform others and disseminate knowledge about life after death, healing etc.

My actual personal experiences with The Scole Group have been published and I can provide references to these if required.
I hope and trust that the forgoing will provide something of value. There is a great deal I could go into with this whole matter but it would take much space!
As a final thought, I share the opinion and optimism of Sir William Crookes who, when asked to explain how the psychic, D.D. Home, managed his feats, retorted: 'I didn't say it was impossible, I said it happened!'

With best regards

James Webster

MindTrap said:
A snip from Mr. Webster's reply :
Communications allegedly coming from an entity from the 16th Century in what seemed to be a 'time warp' through an early BBC "B" type computer (difficult to bug) was a feature of the phenomena. Eventually there was "interruption" from another source coming from what appeared to be the future ("2109") and things became even more bizarre to the point that everything was forced to stop with an unsatisfactory conclusion.

WOW! Thats the stuff I love to read -- anyone
have any further info on this case?!?

TVgeek

Thanks, Stu!

I am now Amazoning (thats a verb, now)
for the book "The Vertical Plane."

How did we miss this story in the
"Ghosts and Computers" thread?

TVgeek

Dear All,

I wonder if Mr.Webster wouldn't mind answering a few questions regarding his experiences at Scole ?

1. What exactly did Mr.Webster witness at Scole ?

2. How much of what he witnessed could have been faked, and how much was way beyond the abilities of even the most expert and well-equipped illusionist ?

3. Did he look for hoaxing / fraud ?
i.e ~ Did he sometimes not focus on the phenomena but concentrate on what the mediums were up to ?

4. How bright was the light phenomena ? Did it illuminate the surrounding cellar walls ?

5. As someone within the magical fraternity, are any of the Scole Group known locally as amateur magicians ? Has Robin Foy ever been spotted at the local magic trick shop ? Or, the local hologram emporium ? ;)

I'd like to thank Mr. Webster for contributing to the thread, and also thanks to Mindtrap for summoning him.

From the tone and the content of James Webster's piece it seems that he was convinced by what he witnessed.
Keeping in mind that no die-hard sceptics were invited to attend Scole ( for the previously mentioned reasons of creating an inviting and supportive atmosphere - which sadly can only be viewed with some suspicion by reasonable bystanders ) ; have ANY witnesses NOT been impressed ?

Are there any people out there that went to Scole and weren't impressed ?

Will Scole just end up polarising people into groups : those that were there ? And those that weren't ? Believers in Spiritualism who were invited ; and Sceptics who were not ?

It does seem odd that once the extraordinary phenomena HAD started ( the paranormal ball was well & truely rolling..) that no arch-(or otherwise)-Sceptics were invited. It seems like a tremendous wasted opportunity.

Would everything just stop if one Richard Dawkins sat with the group just once ?
( Any feedback on this from Spiritualists would be welcome ).

And in regard to Mr. Neville & MR. Geek :

The most paranormal part about the Dodleston Case was the involvement of The BBC Computer. Even in it's day it was the most archaic late medieval P.C - Could Ken have borrowed an Atari 800 ?? At least the communicators could have had a decent game of Pac-Man ( which would have been very apt ).

Regards to all,

Innes

P.S - It's kinda...quiet without Desperado...

:sad:

I believe his entire testimony to the SPR investigators was published in 'The Scole Report'.

Anyone read this yet?

A bit OT

Innes Smith said:
And in regard to Mr. Neville & MR. Geek :

The most paranormal part about the Dodleston Case was the involvement of The BBC Computer. Even in it's day it was the most archaic late medieval P.C - Could Ken have borrowed an Atari 800 ?? At least the communicators could have had a decent game of Pac-Man ( which would have been very apt ).

Many a true word...
----------------------------------------------------------
Manfred Boden of Buehl, Germany, was the first to observe meaningful behaviour of a computer (Commodore C 64). Variations and additional signals seemed to be connected with a dead friend.
-----------------------------------------------------------
The C64 -- now THERE was a gaming machine!

The above was snipped from:

http://www.worlditc.org/f_07_senkowski_itc_review.htm

Back On-Topic... sort of:
The review also claims that the priest from 1546 believed
Ken Webster and his girlfriend to be "spooks."
The book is out-of-print, but it can be found used.

TVgeek

It appears that Mr. Webster has been reading the thread and has asked me to forward his reply to Innis's questioning.

Dear Innes and All

You will have to forgive me for not going into full details of the three sittings I had with The Scole Group as it would be too lengthy and time filling here. I am trying to get another book written and all in all I am kept very busy and try to avoid being drawn into anything of an inquisitional nature. There is obviously a mixture of people on this site, some genuine and keen to want to find out in a serious sense whilst others prefer to make some kind of fun and entertainment from the subject. I have no time for those with retarded intelligence e.g. debunkers, paid professional sceptics and gullible fools. And so for the benefit of those, who like myself have a serious investigating mind, I will respond as follows to the questions posed to me by Innes Smith:

1. What exactly did Mr. Webster witness at Scole?

The table vibrated with energy. Loud knocks were heard from various parts of the room (cellar) and from under chairs. Small bells hanging just above me from the ceiling started to ring. Voices were heard. A ping-pong ball raced around in a bowl on the table after which a cup of ash was found deposited in the bowl. Apports appeared. Various entities spoke through the mediums.
I was particularly impressed with the energy lights (small balls/orbs of light) which displayed in a variety of movements. They were tangible and I watched them and could feel them dancing on my fingertips and hovering just inches in front of my eyes. I watched as one of them travelled down my body to my shoes on the floor. One bounced up and down on the table and we could plainly hear it tapping, and then suddenly it went straight through and out the other side to repeat it again. It was truly fascinating and there is more I could report on this phenomena.
I received some fine A1 evidence from my maternal grandfather (in the spirit world) through the lady medium. Something personal to me which had only occurred the previous day and I had not even told Shirley (my wife) about it.This was stunning evidence to both of us. We also received other fine evidence of a personal nature at these séances. So it was not just physical mediumship that took place, but evidence of survival from friends and family communicating.
It is difficult to convey this to a third party. One really had to be there to witness and experience it at first hand.

2. (a) How much of what he witnessed could have been faked and (b) how much was way beyond the abilities of even the most expert and well-equipped illusionist?

Answer to (a) All, part or nothing. (b) Not beyond the most expert, or myself for that matter!
That is the short answer but in my opinion, with respect to my experience and judgment of such, I maintain that under the conditions , regulations and purposes of these séances, nothing was or was required to be faked and I would not have attempted to replicate the "performance" under such terms. Also I would ant to be a witness to any sceptic, magician or not, willing to attempt it. How about James Randi having a go??

3. Did he look for hoaxing/fraud? i.e. Did he sometimes not focus on the phenomena but concentrate on what the mediums
were up to?

I am always looking out for possible hoaxing and fraud. I work like a detective in my research and investigation using my physical senses as well as my non physical sensitivity as I have the added advantage of a fair degree of psychic and mediumistic
awareness. I had known Robin and Sandra Foy from the early days (1991) of the Noah's Ark Society of which I was a member for seven years.

4. How bright was the light phenomena? Did it illuminate the surrounding walls?

No it was not bright enough to light up the cellar walls. But just consider that the cellar was quite small with a single door which was locked closed, and with 13 adult persons and a table plus a small table for the tape recorder beside Robin, it was like a tin of sardines and for anyone to attempt to get up and move around would have been precarious to say the least and a feat in itself!
Fluorescent tabs were placed on each corner of the table and similar were also attached to the arms and legs of the mediums before we entered the cellar.

5. As someone within the magical fraternity, are any of the Scole Group known locally as amateur magicians? Has Robin Foy ever been spotted at the local magic trick shop or the local hologram emporium?

What a lovely one! This brought a big grin to my face :)
I am sure I would have been one of the first to know about it if it had been so. If any of them had been capable of this or even half the talent in the art of magic and deception for so little reward and for so long, what a waste when they could have their name in lights in the "glitzy world of showbusiness"! So eat your heart out James Randi ... you are no match!!
Remember fact is often stranger than fiction.

Best regards

James Webster

It appears that all reproducable phenomena of this type are only really evidential on a personal basis. And perhaps that's the point for how would proof of an afterlife benefit humanity.

This being the case (and who are we to judge the logic behind these "intelligences" if that's what they are) it would seem that true knowledge of this subject can only be gained from objective experience.

All we really need is an ounce of proof to stimulate our curiosity and I think an ounce of proof exists in this and a myriad other cases like it.

Take the case of Patience Worth for instance. It is difficult to dismiss these communications as the work of a sub-concious creative genius or an eloborate hoax.

When asked about the afterlife she simply said...

"this be not the will o' Him ... that thou shouldst see the Here."

Certainly scientific investigation should not ignore the concept of spirituality but rather aim to understand it.

I don't believe that Spiritual Science need be considered an oxymoron.

There is obviously a mixture of people on this site, some genuine and keen to want to find out in a serious sense whilst others prefer to make some kind of fun and entertainment from the subject...

I have no time for those with retarded intelligence e.g. debunkers

LOL! Well, if you or your friends don't have the guts to invite me to a seance, maybe you'll settle for an IQ test challenge instead. You should easily be able to beat a debunker with "retarded intelligence".

NOT!

:p

Hmm..

I posted 2 messages to this thread and they were deleted. Did we hit the hard limit or something?

Back