• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Shadow Man

Schrammatt1

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I remember when I was younger I seen these being called "the shadow man" or at least that's what I would call him. At first he appeared in my dream and I thout nothing of it but then he kep coming bad I was like "ok wired" but dint think nothing of it but then I seen it out of my dream and I was like "WTF". I was fourteen as I dreamt, each night he was coming closer, everything around me on fire, each night for two weeks or more it/him coming closer and closer, seeing him when I was awake at night walk out of the shadows, in the woods, all at night, it would just stareing at me. The last night of those two weeks all I seen in my dream was blackness hereing It/him call me stuff like "you pathetic" "no one likes you" "you should just give up" "let me in" I said to it "no go away leave me alone, and just keep telling it to go away. I woke up and it was gone, no more dreams, don't see it no were out my dreams but always haed a wired filling at night. When I was 16 it came back, I was lucid dreaming and all of a sudden black cane around me, I couldn't move, I seen it agin, it was coming colers to me, not walking but....I can't explain it, when it got to me it was reaching it hand toward me, but then a ball of light engulfed me of burnt it befor it can touch me and lifted me away, I woke up and it all stopped when I was 17. Still till this day I get wired fillings at night. I also think there may be more that i'm not remembering but i'm not sure. Anyway just thout I would share that. (also sorry about my spelling) (oh and i'm 21 by the way)

Thanks for posting.

Pure speculation, but were there any great upheavals in your life at around the time when the dreams returned at age sixteen?

A great many people--including myself--experience a change in the tone and content of dreams at the onset of puberty, and with the heady cocktail of hormones flooding the system for the first time this is hardly a surprise. This might account for the initial phase of dreams, although the content is likely to be subjective and highly personalised.

Thanks for posting.

Pure speculation, but were there any great upheavals in your life at around the time when the dreams returned at age sixteen?

A great many people--including myself--experience a change in the tone and content of dreams at the onset of puberty, and with the heady cocktail of hormones flooding the system for the first time this is hardly a surprise. This might account for the initial phase of dreams, although the content is likely to be subjective and highly personalised.
no, not anything big, although I did get into the new age stuff. I would also just think that it's just regular dreams or part of a teen hormone thing but when I seen it out of my dream is what made me question it. I also do lucid dream and some of the dreams could have gotten out of control. Iv also had other paranormal "events" happen to me in my life and witnesses to but i'll save that another thread.

It's not unusual to have recurring characters in your dreams - especially if you have a rich dream life in general.

It's also pretty common to encounter a sinister or adversarial presence that is vague, dark, and seemingly made of shadows or seen only as a shadow figure.

Your description of being unable to move sounds like classic sleep paralysis.

There have been multiple FTMB threads over the years on the subject of shadow man / shadowman, Slender Man, shadow people, dark silhouette folks, Black Stick Man, and similar figures. Some of these are known from dreams, and others are encountered when awake.

Finally, it's not at all unusual to wake from a dream and have visual elements (e.g., a character; a scene) persist in your vision (like an after-image) for a short time.

Wow! I had an experience with a Shadow man. I called him a man in a black cloak
It was scary but I had no idea it was him. Only a few years later I found this information on the net

It's not unusual to have recurring characters in your dreams - especially if you have a rich dream life in general.

It's also pretty common to encounter a sinister or adversarial presence that is vague, dark, and seemingly made of shadows or seen only as a shadow figure.

Your description of being unable to move sounds like classic sleep paralysis.

There have been multiple FTMB threads over the years on the subject of shadow man / shadowman, Slender Man, shadow people, dark silhouette folks, Black Stick Man, and similar figures. Some of these are known from dreams, and others are encountered when awake.

Finally, it's not at all unusual to wake from a dream and have visual elements (e.g., a character; a scene) persist in your vision (like an after-image) for a short time.
thank you for your input, I do lucid dream so that can account for the vividness, maybe my mind was some how projecting him when I was seeing out thus part of my mind but what gets me is others seen it to.

Wow! I had an experience with a Shadow man. I called him a man in a black cloak
It was scary but I had no idea it was him. Only a few years later I found this information on the net
there is somthing called shadow people, I read about it on wiki.

About 2 months ago, I started seeing black shadows outside and inside the house. Now We've had other weird things happen ever since we bought the house. I've seen things fly, my name called. Don't know what to think of this. :oops::shifty:

About 2 months ago, I started seeing black shadows outside and inside the house. Now We've had other weird things happen ever since we bought the house. I've seen things fly, my name called. Don't know what to think of this. :oops::shifty:

Tell us more - we like this sort of stuff. What things have you seen fly?

Back